- DaVinci Resolve 12.5 User Guide
- 1. DaVinci Resolve Alternatives+
- 1.1 Top 5 DaVinci Resolve 12.5 Alternatives
- 1.2 DaVinci Resolve 12.5 vs. DaVinci Resolve 12.5 Studio
- 1.3 Blackmagic DaVinci Resolve 12.5 Vs Adobe Premiere Pro
- 1.4 DaVinci Resolve 12.5 Vs HitFilm 4 Express
- 2. Basic Video Editing +
- 2.1 Top 8 Video Editing Tips for DaVinci Resolve
- 2.2 How to Add Logo to Video in DaVinci Resolve
- 2.3 How to Add Titles in DaVinci Resolve
- 2.4 How to Stabilize Video Footage in DaVinci Resolve
- 2.5 How to Blur Face in Video with DaVinci Resolve
- 2.6 How to Compare Clips in DaVinci Resolve
- 2.7 How to Save Automatically in DaVinci Resolve
- 3. Advanced Video Editing +
- 3.1 How to Use Multicam Editing in DaVinci Resolveo
- 3.2 How to Use Point Tracker in DaVinci Resolve
- 3.3 How to Use Log Grading in DaVinci Resolve
- 3.4 How to Do a Green Screen Composite with DaVinci Resolve
- 3.5 How to Create a 3D Text in DaVinci Resolve
- 3.6 How to Round Trip from Final Cut Pro to DaVinci Resolve
- 3.7 How to Make a Slow Motion Video in DaVinci Resolve
- 3.8 How to Use Dynamic Zoom in DaVinci Resolve
- 4. Audio Editing +
- 5.Color Correction+
- 5.1 Color Grading Tips for DaVinci Resolve
- 5.2 How to Use DaVinci Resolve for Automatic Video Color Correction
- 5.3 How to Fix White Balance in DaVinci Resolve
- 5.4 How to Match Skintones Perfectly in DaVinci Resolve
- 5.5 How to Use Qualifier in DaVinci Resolve
- 5.6 Shot Matching Tips for DaVinci Resolve
- 5.7 Fastest Ways to Get Film Look in DaVinci Resolve
- 5.8 How to Create LUTs in DaVinci Resolve
- 5.9 Using Power Grades in DaVinci Resolve
- 6. Tips and Tricks+
- 6.1 How to Remove Black Sun Spots in DaVinci Resolve
- 6.2 How to Use Smart Bins in DaVinci Resolve
- 6.3 How to Import Video Files into DaVinci Resolve
- 6.4 How to Export video in DaVinci Resolve
- 6.5 Using Scene Detection in DaVinci Resolve
- 7. Resources and Troubleshooting+
Best Plugins for DaVinci Resolve (Update in 2018)
Plug-ins adds a specific feature to an existing program and increases its usability. For years, Davinci Resolve had no plug-in architecture but with its remarkable enhancement starting from DaVinci 10, it supports plug-ins even in the latest Davinci Resolve 15. Plug-ins helps in customizing the program so as to include all those features which are not built-in the program itself. This basically helps in increasing the productivity and quality of output without compromising on the calibre of the look. Davinci Resolve supports Open FX plug-in architecture, which allows the plug-in developer to create a plug-in through its cross platform open standard, which can ultimately be used in any software supporting it. Below are top 6 plug-ins supported by Davinci Resolve which can help in providing endless creative possibilities to put realistic and vibrant looks into the picture so that it catches the spotlight.
Some of the transition or visual effects plug-ins for Adobe After Effects can also be used in DaVinci Resolve. Check our picks of Top 10 Best Free After Effects Plugins.
Recommendation: Filmora Video Editor
If you find DaVinci Resolve is difficult to use, and you need some special effects urgently, we recommend you try Wondershare Filmora Video Editor to make your video more stunning. Apart from some basic video editing features, Filmora also allows you to make a green screen video, stabilize video footage with one click, play video footage in reverse and more. There are more than 300 built-in effects and filters in Filmora, and you can find more special effects such as block buster effects, action cam summer effects and gaming effects in Filmora Effects Store. Watch the video below to learn about Blockbuster Effects.
Learn more about Filmora Effects Store
Top 6 Best Plugins for DaVinci Resolve
1.False Color OpenFX Plugin for DaVinci Resolve: Free Color Correction Plugins for DVR
This add-in is named as False Color because it helps in examining exposure in the shot. So the bright areas will be mapped to certain color range if they follow the criteria presumed by this plug-in. For instance, the areas which are above 90% of brightness level will be red colored and so on. This helps in spotting the overexposed parts in the blink of an eye as it identifies the contrast and lightening ratios. It is freely available to be downloaded for both Windows and Mac and is fairly easy to use. Just open the plug-in and drag it simply towards the dedicated node and customize the range for luminosity and transparency. So if some of the pixels are exceeding the luminosity level then you can modify only the highlighted area.
2.mLook for DaVinci Resolve:
Another plugin which can help you in color correction and grading upliftment is mLook. It is certainly inexpensive as it is priced at just $59 and provides an array of custom-made presets. It helps in swinging the pictures to make them look stunning and aesthetic. This tool is a perfect example to highlight how toggling among different grades can lift even the normal click!
3.FilmConvert OFX Plugin for DaVinci Resolve:
With its 3 way color corrector, saturation slider and 19 in-built motion and still film stocks, FilmConvert OFX plugin priced at $149 can give your footage the color and grain of film stocks. The digital click requires lot of editing to become film footage and this is the reason that we all fall in love with the scenic beauty of movies because of the perfect color profiles. This plugin will help in imbibing that magical and organic quality to your clippings. Different cameras respond to colors in a different manner and to even out excess of hue, contrast and brightness, this plug is required along with DaVinci Resolve. This means that you can now click industry leading images and make them count through this plugin.
4.RE:Vision Effects DE:Noise for DaVinci Resolve:
RE:Vision Effects which is an acclaimed name in the industry of plug-ins. Its DE:Noise plug-in which handles spurious frame-to-frame defects ranging from fine sensor noise and extending till blotchy spots which can be termed as dirt on film. It helps in reducing the visual impact and addressing problems of low-light shoots, excessive film grain, snow, drop-outs, dust captured and many other defects through its smart spatial and temporal filtering. With its 8 different temporal filtering methods it helps in correlating the images to smooth the video, reduce noise and other artifacts at $149.95.
5.Boris FX BCC Continuum Complete for DaVinci Resolve:
Boris acts as a comprehensive plug-in for all the applications hosted by OFX, and DaVinci Resolve is one of them. It is available at $695 and helps in tilting, adding 3D effects and restoring image to make it look visually beautiful. With some of its new features such as Beauty studio, it improves the skin tone and reduces blemishes to improve the on-screen looks of the character. Title studio helps in creating high quality motion graphics. Along with this, it adds restores the image to reflect natural transitions. Also, it helps in giving advance finishing look to the image with its Mocha Tracking and masking feature which reduces manual keyframe labor.
6.GenArts Sapphire VFX for DaVinci Resolve:
This is one of the most expensive plug-ins priced at $1699. It helps in delivering superior image processing by rendering speed and maximizing productivity. Its impressive collection of more than 260 effects, transitions and preset looks provides extraordinary visual effects to all of your clippings attached to different objectives. Its highly reliable tools help in bringing life to the pictures. With so many creative options and efficient workflow situations it has become one of the favorites of most of the artists in the industry. It’s plethora of exquisite transitions, texture designs and lightening effects together contribute in forming breathtaking videos. Its versatility and broadness make it a leading and most preferred plugin.
Above are some of the best color correction and transition and effects plugins that you can use in Davinci Resolve, some of them are free, while others may cost a lot. If you have any idea about the best plugins for DaVinci Resolve, please share with us in the comment.
As in DaVinci Resolve 15, users can edit audio in with the Fairlight audio tool which allow you to use cross platform plug-ins, VST plug-ins or Mac OS X Audio Units in the track. Check our pick of Best Audio VST Plug-ins for DaVinci Resolve
Product-related questions? Speak directly to our Support Team >>