Top 5 Final Cut Pro Editing Tips You Should Know
Most of the professionals throughout the world recommend Final Cut Pro as best video editing software tool due to its incredible features. Final Cut Pro or simply called as FCP is a wonderful video editing application that is available for Mac users; before Apple it was originally developed by Macromedia Inc. Some of the major modification capabilities of this software tool include it ability to handle about 99 audio tracks at a time, 3 way color correction feature, cutout tools, audio filters, ripple editing functions and many more.
Top 5 Final Cut Pro editing tips:
The major criteria that differentiate simple editing tools and Final Cut Pro is the speed as in FCP users are able to stream knowledge into tricks within few minutes. Things that make FCP one of the best tools for video editing needs are discussed as below:
1.Favourites and Keyword first:
With FCP, it is possible to add keywords to your videos in much easier manner. Users simply need to press Command K for bringing up required keywords on timeline. The predefined keywords of your media file are also organized with control shortcuts. You can go to favourites option from drop down menu directly and the clips can be shorted as well as organised with easy to use collections on left side.
2.Custom Keyboard shortcuts for hidden features:
Keyboard shortcuts can provide a faster support to some common actions and this feature is well equipped in FCP. For example, it is possible to use H and G as shortcut commands to initiate the action of Trim End and Trim Start. You will be glad to know that FCP allows customization for shortcuts that means you can add something more than the default keys as per need. Simple go to Final Cut Pro and then visit Commands; here you need to click on Customize and soon you will be able to assign different keys for required tasks.
When we start editing any media clip then one of our major needs is to make that clip shorter but not all available software tools assists in easy trimming. Users of FCP are blessed in this context as they can trim videos on real time basis by using Trim Start, Trim End and Trim Playhead facility.
It is possible to create your own motion effects with the help of FCP and they can be also taken from online sources. But the special feature is the adjustment layer that helps to maintain shooting space of camera and apply automatic correction filters on footage so that every clip can be corrected individually with perfect colour blending.
Although this software tool is downplayed with the help of unique language but the encoding capabilities of FCP are observed to be very high. It offers rich quality as compared to all other competitive tool and when person is using it on any modern Mac systems then it becomes much faster.
You may also like:
Best Alternative to Final Cut Pro:
If you are searching for an alternative to Final Cut Pro video editing tool then Wondershare Filmora can be best choice for you. It comes with fully stacked type feature set and serves with potential functionality so that professionals can manage all their media editing needs with ease. Wondershare Filmora possesses a drag and drop type interface so that users can create stories in a very artistic manner without sending more time of tool search.
Some of the key features of Wondershare Filmora Includes:
- Titles and Text - Wondershare Filmora extends its support towards animated text.
- Music Library – It is possible to edit or customize music tracks as per need.
- Filters and Overlays – In order to provide professional touch to all edited media files, Wondershare Filmora platform is loaded with advanced overlays and filters.
- Elements – Supports classic graphic needs and various visual effects.
Product-related questions? Speak directly to our Support Team >>
- Final Cut Pro User Guide
- 1. Alternatives
- 1.1 The Best FCP Alternative for Mac
- 1.2 Final Cut Pro vs Adobe Premiere
- 2. Basic Editing+
- 2.1 Top 5 Final Cut Pro Editing Tips You Should Know
- 2.2 What is Ripple Editing and How to Use it
- 2.3 How to rotate/flip a video in FCP
- 2.4 How to reverse/rewind clips in FCP
- 2.5 How to Crop an Image in FCP
- 2.6 How to Add Titles in FCP
- 2.7 How to Add Effects in FCP
- 3. Advanced Editing+
- 3.1 How to make a timelapse video in FCP
- 3.2 How to record voiceover with FCP
- 3.3 How to edit audio in FCP
- 3.4 How to fade in/out audio in FCP
- 3.5 How to add transitions in FCP
- 3.6 Color grading and correction in FCP
- 3.7 How to make Freeze-Frames and Slow Motion
- 3.8 How to Create the Ken Burns Effect
- 3.9 How to Create a Picture-in-Picture Effect
- 3.10 How to Create a Chroma-Key Effect
- 4. Tips and Tricks+
- 4.1 Troubleshooting Tips
- 4.2 Top 40 Keyboard Shortcuts for FCP X
- 4.3 10 Cool Plugins for FCP X
- 4.4 Top 10 Famous Movies Made By Final Cut Pro