Versatile Video Editor - Wondershare Filmora
An easy yet powerful editor
Numerous effects to choose from
Detailed tutorials provided by the official channel
A long drive is always a pleasure to plan. But without a road trip playlist, the drive may not be the same fun. Especially if you are traveling by your own vehicle, be a car or a bike, road trip songs can make sure that the long miles pass easily while you have all the fun on the way. Here are the 80 best road trip songs that will make your journey pleasant in 2022.
In this article
Part 1: Best Road Trip Songs to Sing Along With
When looking for good road trip songs, you must keep different types of genres in your mind. Also, while making a playlist, the mixer of different genres will have more effect. Here are some of the best road trip songs from diversified genres.
When talking about good road trip songs, pop music will make a list without any doubt. The word ‘Pop’ is actually the short form of popular. Although it may sound like something that will cover a wide range of songs, the songs are actually of a similar type that has a similar melody and others. Here are some of the popular music that has made the hot 100 lists on the billboard. You can listen to them when on a road trip.
- All I Want For Christmas Is You- Mariah Carey
- Rockin’ Around The Christmas Tree- Brenda Lee
- Easy On Me- Adele
- Jingle Bell Rock- Bobby Helms
- A Holly Jolly Christmas- Burl Ives
- Stay- The Kid LAROI & Justin Bieber
- It’s The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year- Andy Williams
- Heat Waves- Glass Animals
- Last Christmas- Wham!
- Industry Baby- Lil Nas X & Jack Harlow
Rock n roll
Rock n roll songs are known for their heavily accented beats combined with simple melodies. These heavy beats can make your long trip even more enjoyable. Here are some of the most recommended rock n roll road trip songs to sing.
- It’s My Life- Bon Jovi
- Jumpsuit- 21 Pilots
- Born to Be Wild- Steppenwolf
- Highway to Hell- AC/DC
- Highway Star- Deep Purple
- Kryptonite- 3 Doors Down
- Paranoid- Black Sabbath
- Bulletproof- Godsmack
- In the End- Linkin Park
- Here I Go Again- Whitesnake
When talking about songs, the 90’s were the best of them in terms of variety. When you look at those road trip song lyrics, you will find the same about them. Almost every genre had its hits in that decade, and that too with quality music. Here are some of the recommended road trip songs from the ‘90s.
- All Star- Smash Mouth
- Semi-Charmed Life- Third Eye Blind
- Wannabe- Spice Girls
- All I Wanna Do- Sheryl Crow
- No Scrubs- TLC
- Say My Name- Destiny’s Child
- The Sign- Ace of Base
- Fly- Sugar Ray
- Thong Song- Sisqo
- Jump- Kriss Kross
The songs from the ‘80s are not only songs, they are memories themselves. These songs have a bit of hip-hop along with the vintage pop and a little mix of metal. The ‘80s were the rising period for some of the best artists of all time, like Michael Jackson and Madonna. Here are some of the songs from ‘80s that you can surely put in your playlist.
- Africa- Toto
- Don’t Stop Believin’- Journey
- Billie Jean- Michael Jackson
- Jessie’s Girl- Rick Springfeild
- Material Girl- Madonna
- Pump Up the Jam- Technotronic
- Never Gonna Give You Up- Rick Aslety
- Beat It- Michael Jackson
- Danger Zone- Kenny Loggins
- Thriller- Michael Jackson
If you are into classics, the ‘70s are the right spot for you. Hitting the highway with classical music really gives a great vibe. With our list of the best road trip songs from the ‘70s, your road trip experience will reach another level, no doubt.
- Listen to The Music- Doobie Brothers
- Sister Golden Hair- America
- Go All The Way- Raspberries
- Easy- The Commodores
- Take It Easy- Eagles
- Rocket Man- Elton John
- Love Her Madly- The Doors
- Fire and Rain- James Taylor
- Guitar Man- Bread
- Still the One- Orieans
The goal of a road trip is to get rid of the monotonous urban life. Adding country music to the trip may help in the process even further. Also, the dancing beats of these recommended country road trip songs will help you feel the vibe of the trip.
- Drive South- Suzy Bogguss
- Bye Bye- Jo Dee Messina
- Days Go By- Keith Urban
- Red Dirt Road- Brooks & Dunn
- On the Road Again- Willie Nelson
- American Kids- Kenny Chesney
- Beer Money- Kip Moore
- Small Town Big Time- Blake Shelton
- Somebody Like You- Keith Urban
- Mud on the Tires- Brad Paisley
The thing about kids’ music is that it may sometimes be full of boredom for adults. However, here we recommend some songs that won’t be annoying at all for the adult participants of the trip.
- Try Anything- Shakira
- Happy- Pharell
- Can’t Stop the Feeling- Justin Timberlake
- Roam- B52s
- Starfish and Coffee- Prince
- Strangers Like Me- Phil Collins
- Holiday- Madonna
- All Star- Smash Mouth
- ABC- The Jackson 5
- You Might Think- Weezer
Indie pop or rock
These are the songs that make your mind delightful just by listening to their first few lines. These are the songs that keep playing in your mind all day long. And when you add them to your road trip playlist, they greatly elevate the experience of your road trip.
- Jungle- Tash Sultana
- Shooting Stars- Bag Raiders
- Dreaming of You- The Coral
- Budapest- George Ezra
- Skinny Love- Bon Iver
- Ritual Union- Little Dragon
- Cherry Blossom Girl- Air
- Ophelia- The Lumineers
- Creep- Radiohead
- Riptide- Vance Joy
Part 2: Turn Your Wonderful Road Trip into an Amazing Video
Listening to your favorite songs while on a road trip is one of the best feelings. But when you add an amazing video clip of your road trip to that playlist, it becomes a next-level experience. You can easily turn your wonderful road trip into an amazing video with the help of top-class video editor tools, like Filmora. Filmora lets you combine your sweet memories in pictures into a video. You can also add the same playlist you are listening to, to your video. Here are a few editing tips of using Filmora.
- Enhance your video with the 800+ available stunning effects.
- Use the ‘Audio Ducking’ feature to cover up the background noises of your trip memories.
- Don’t forget to use transitions & elements that can take your video to the next level.
- You can use the ‘Green Screen’ in case you are not satisfied with the background.
When planning a trip, creating a playlist ahead of the trip is quite essential. You can make the list with songs from only one genre, or you can mix up between different genres from our recommended best road trip songs. You can also add some fun road trip songs to make the list even more enjoyable.