Do you want to know how to get more subscribers? Do you want your channel to be popular among those YouTube stars? Ok, we got you!
The most efficient and easy way to do this is by making a YouTube trailer. It will help to attract a new audience and give your channel a more artistic and pleasing approach. Scroll more to get secret tips!
Part 1. What is a YouTube trailer?
A YouTube trailer is a short intro video for your channel. What do you do? What is your content? It is a brief video that helps the new audience understand your channel.
In other words, a YouTube trailer is necessary for your channel. It will give the audience a better understanding of yourself and what to expect from your YouTube channel.
Part 2. Don't know where to start?
So you want to create a trailer and need help figuring out where to start? What if there are templates that will help you make your trailer and simplifies your work? Yes! Wondershare Filmora will make your way easy and give you unlimited effects.
Step1 Start with a hook
Your first step will be to find a way to engage your audience so that they will be interested in your channel or content from the very beginning. To do this, follow the below steps and enjoy the next with your audience.
Step1 Ask a question.
Step2 Start with a problem and a solution.
Step3 Use a hypothetical situation with the words like "What if."
Step4 Open with an exciting fact
Step5 Tell a story without finishing it.
The trick here is to get the viewers' attention within 5 seconds, so they're interested in your channel from the beginning. Also, it intrigues them to keep watching.
Step2 Tell a little about yourself
Make a short intro, depending on the content and your presence on the screen. Again, developing a friendly relationship between the viewers and yourself is beneficial.
You can add a quick introduction about yourself and your backstory. It will create a sense of personal attachment to the channel and help you engage better with the audience.
Step3 Show, not just tell
Showing the audience what the channel is about is essential. Therefore, you need to spend some time selecting your best footage and graphics to showcase and illustrate your content.
One of the easiest ways is to use perfect music. So if you want to know how to select the right song, go and look at our new release, the power of music, where we teach you everything you need to know for this.
Step4 Channel values
Here, you should explain to your audience the purpose of your channel and what they can expect from you. At this stage, new potential viewers can get you, whether your goal is to entertain them, teach something specific, or discuss certain topics and how you intend to achieve them.
Determine the style of your video
You can refer to the most popular style in your area. Then, making the possibilities endless, you name it!
- A vlogger video, in which you have to record your daily activities. You can utilize a special occasion or a visit to historical sites or other landscapes of nature.
- A Gamer video, in which you will record your reaction to those chilly horror games or maybe competitive gaming where you can cherish your achievements with your audience.
- Introduce new challenges through your videos.
- Introduce voiceovers over motion captures.
- Storyteller, in which you will tell about fictional and non-fictional moments.
Schedules are vital if you want regularly engaging viewers. The audience will be kept track of your activities and be there as soon as you upload your video. Also, new viewers know when to expect new content from you and commit to your goal, so they know your strategy.
Step6 Call to action
What is a Video CTA? A CTA is an action you want your target audience to do after watching a trailer. And that is to subscribe to your YouTube channel.
Tips for your CTA in your trailer
- Please keep it simple, and do not overdo it. Make sure to keep the trailer under a minute or at least two minutes.
- There is no need to ask them to follow you on other platforms other than YouTube.
- If you feel these platforms will keep your audience on track, then do so.
- Beginners should refrain from doing it.
- Keep it friendly and give them the option to do so.
Best Practice To Create an Ideal Trailer for Your YouTube Channel
All the details have been shared on creating an ideal trailer for your YouTube channel. To make it simple, check out these three takeaways.
- Keep all the information related to your channel in the trailer, and be true to yourself and your content style.
- You do not want to switch from a style so frequently that it will affect your views and subscribers.
- Repetition will kill off the vibe of a good trailer. Do not use recurrent images or clips in your video
Alright! Following the steps mentioned above, you will be able to create a good YouTube trailer that will not only attract more subscribers to your channel. It will also allow them to stay hooked on your new and upcoming content. If you know more tips, share them with us.