How to record voiceover with Adobe Premiere Pro
Voice Over is a production technique in which a voice which is not a part of a clip, is recorded later on. It is often pre-recorded but now, it is recorded after the clip has been recorded. Voice Over also means dubbing over a mute clip.
What should be recorded first
Video or voiceover although are to be combined together, but it is not that easy to do. If audio is recorded first, you need to make a video accordingly and then you do not have much options left with you. Even if you want to increase the video length, you cannot do it. However, if video is recorded first, you can tell the voiceover artist about the time duration of the video, where to pause and where to go in full swing. It will make it easier for you to record and complete the video.
How to record voiceover with Adobe Premiere Pro CC
Adobe Premiere as we all known, is a powerful video editing software. This software also provides the feature to add voiceover to the videos. Although it is not that simple but we will try to help you out with a simple step-by-step guide that will help you to add voiceover to any video clip easily.
- Import an Audio clip if you already have a pre-recorded one.
- Record from Timeline if you do not have any audio track.
- As soon as you mark the In/Out range or position the play head, the voiceover recording workflow starts. A pre-roll countdown appears as an overlay on the Program Monitor.
- Click the Voice-over Record button in the audio track's header to begin recording. A status message "Recording..." appears in the Program to indicate that recording is on.
- Complete the recording and click the stop recording button when you are complete, it can also be done by pressing the space button.
- This file can now be placed with the video clip and be played at the same time. Adobe Premiere Pro will also join these two together.
How to record voiceover with Adobe Premiere Pro Alternative
The complex steps of Adobe Premiere Pro have made it very difficult for the amateurs to record and add the voiceover easily. That is why most of the new and also the old users have switched to alternatives. Filmora, the best video editing software has made video editing very easy and that is why it is now the most preferred choice of many people.
Using Filmora, you can add voiceover by using very simple steps.
- Import the Video Clip.
- Drag the Clip to the timeline.
- Click the Add Audio button right above the timeline.
- Record the audio and when finished, stop the recording.
- Drag the track in the right position of your video.
- Watch your video play with the voiceover.
Filmora is more easy and fun to use. It has replaced any other software including Adobe Premiere Pro because of its exciting features and it is now one of the best in the market.
Product-related questions? Speak directly to our Support Team >>