Facebook Verification: How to Get the Blue Verified Badge Easily
Do you wish to create a strong credibility of your brand online? From local businesses to the huge brands, all can establish their credibility by getting verified on the Facebook platform. If you want your prospective clients to find you easily, appearing high on search results can work wonders.
But, how can you appear high on search results? Attaining the verified blue or grey badge can prove your business to be trustworthy and show your page higher on the search results. Do you know how to get the blue verified badge easily for your profile or page? Check out this article for more.
You may also like: 12 Facebook Marketing Tips >>
- Part 1: What is the Blue Verification Badge
- Part 2: Why Do You Need to Confirm Facebook Verification
- Part 3: Are You Eligible to Verify Facebook Account
- Part 4: 3 Tips to Get Facebook Verification
- Part 5: How to Apply For the Blue Badge
- Part 6: Why Facebook Didn’t Give Verification to Me
Best video editor for Facebook - Filmora9
Video plays an important part on Facebook if you want to get more likes and engagement. Don't know which video editor to use? Here we recommend using Filmora9. It is designed for beginners who want to edit Facebook video easily. You can use it to make high quality video that can help you get Facebook verification quickly. Download it now to start making Facebook video (free)!
- You can use it to change aspect ratio for Facebook: 1:1, 16:9 and more
- Add various text/title templates to your video
- More than 300 filters/effects/overlays to use
- Export to Facebook video format directly
- You can find a setting option on the Facebook page at the top. The Page Verification seal is then clicked from the General tab. Get started by clicking on the Verify this Page option.
- For a more detailed and quick verification process, you can ask the Facebook team to call you up at the registered number listed on your business Facebook page. A verification code enters at the number listed and you just need to input it at the box space. Finally, Facebook offers with the verified seal after the process.
- When you pick the more detailed verification process, you need to click on the Verify this Page with Documents option. Then, you receive prompt to upload the official documents that carried the name and address of the business. It helps in recognizing your page or profile.
- Finally, after receiving the documents verification request, the Facebook confirms or denies it within 48 hours to 45 days timeframe.
- Press releases or marketing is less - When your press is less, it is highly possible that your verification request is rejected as your business or page is not identified accurately. You must learn to get featured on Techcrunch, Forbes, etc. You can also write a press release to get exposure. You may also hire my digital marketing agency for the same.
- Your Wikipedia is missing - In order to create a Wiki; you firstly require the high-quality press.
- Your identity proof is not up to the mark - When your reason for verification request is not very compelling or the ID provided by you is blurry or inappropriate, your request may get rejected.
- Missing Facebook Native Content - Facebook hates a dead page. So, it is important that your page is filled with relevant and great content for long.
- Verification is Strict - Facebook only verifies the popular pages and profiles easily if you can establish your popularity. It is very strict on who they verify.
Part 1: What is the Blue Verification Badge
The blue verification badge is a seal of your identity. It proves that your pages have a real identity and not fake. Facebook has three kinds of verification – grey tick pages, blue tick pages, and blue tick profiles.
The grey tick Facebook pages represent various organizations and companies that have been verified by Facebook and confirm their real identity.
The blue tick Facebook pages and Facebook profiles confirm the identity of the public figures, media, and brands as per their claim. The badge confirms their official pages.
Part 2: Why Do You Need to Confirm Facebook Verification
Confirming your Facebook identity verification is important because it’s a quick sign that your business, brand or profile is doing well and deserve to earn a verifying sign. When your customers or any users check a verified sign on your page, they know that the page they are looking at is not fake. The page is not created by any fraud or fan and it is the real profile or page of a person or company. When the clients seek customer service, the verified Facebook pages show that the company is serious about its client relationship and social media marketing. It also helps your page to rank higher on Google search as well as Facebook search.
Part 3: Are You Eligible to Verify Facebook Account
Facebook verification is not allowed for all. As per the Support Team of Facebook, the verified badge is only available for famous business or brand, journalists, media, celebrities, Government officials, sports companies and people related to the entertainment world. Are you under any of these categories? Then, follow the Facebook terms of service you get a higher chance of being verified quickly.
Part 4: 3 Tips to Get Facebook Verification
Before you start to apply for verification, it would be better to know the tips for getting verification on Facebook.
1. Provide complete and detailed information
If you want to get verified, you need to fill out as many information as possible in order to the reviewing process is fast. You need to go to your about page to enter some information including phone number, email, company overview, address and products. It is noted that you don't need to fill out all information as details are much more important.
2. Professional Facebook page is needed
You don't want to give Facebook an impression that you are not professional with wrong info and ugly page interface. The first thing you need to do is update the banner and then your logo as they are the first two thing people would notice at the first glance. Besides, you also need to remove low quality images, poor article and posts. All in all, information centered with brand is the symbol of professional looking for getting Facebook verification.
3. Update your verification information
When Facebook review your account, it takes time to give you the blue badge. You need to provide the latest and detailed information to get a quick review. It is not important if your posts are engaging or how many likes you get. The most important thing is correct. If some info are wrong, the chance you get rejected is higher.
Part 5: How to Apply For the Blue Badge
If you want to apply the blue badge for an individual, you need to offer a government issued photo ID. If you a business owner and want to do Facebook verification for your brand, you can offer utility bill and tax documents. In the end, you need to express your idea to let Facebook know why you want Facebook verification. Once, all the required information about your business is filled in, you are ready for applying the blue badge. Follow the four steps below to get your brand or profile verified.
Part 6: Why Facebook Didn’t Give Verification to Me
Facebook said verifications can be accepted or rejected. The grey badge verification request takes around 48 hours and the blue badge verification request needs around 3 to 45 days to receive the Facebook response. In case, your verification request is rejected, it is due to the following reasons.
Facebook blue or grey badge verification is a very important step to ensure your page appears in the top search results of the search engines and strengthen the trust of your clients. Besides, video is also an important factor to attract more likes and followers. If you want to edit Facebook video, try Filmora9 to start the journey! Check this video to learn more.
Product-related questions? Speak directly to our Support Team >>