- • Facebook Guide
- 1. About Facebook+
- 1.1 Everything About Facebook
- 1.2 Top 5 New Facebook Features in 2017 You Should Know
- 1.3 Everything About Facebook Live Split Screen You Should Know
- 2. Facebook Alternatives+
- 3. Facebook Live+
- 3.1 How to Live Stream 360 Video on Facebook
- 3.2 Top 8 Tips and Tricks for Mastering Facebook Live
- 3.3 How to live stream to Facebook with wirecast
- 3.4 How to livestream on Facebook from android and iOS
- 3.5 How to live stream game to Facebook via Xsplit
- 3.6 How to live stream Facebook from PC, Mac or Laptop with OBS
- 3.7 How to Use DSLR for Facebook Live on your PC or Mac
- 3.8 How to Live Stream Xbox to Facebook Live
- 3.9 How to Stream iOS Android Screen, Games or Apps to Facebook Live
- 3.10 How to live stream to facebook from DJI Drone
- 4. Facebook 360+
- 4.1 What is Facebook 360 Video
- 4.2 How to Post 360 Photos on iOS/Android to Facebook
- 4.3 How to take 360 Videos on iPhone for Facebook
- 5. Facebook Video Download+
- 5.1 Top 10 Facebook Video Downloaders for Android
- 5.2 Top 5 Facebook Video Downloader for iOS
- 5.3 Top 5 Online Facebook Video Downloader
- 5.4 How to Download Facebook Videos on Wins/Mac
- 6. Facebook Video Editing+
- 6.1 Facebook Video Maker: How to Make Facebook Video
- 6.2 How to Make your Profile Video More Attractive
- 6.3 How to Watermark Your Facebook Photos/Videos
- 6.4 How to Easily Create Captions and Subtitles for Facebook Videos
- 6.5 How to Create and Change Video Cover on Facebook
- 6.6 How to Change Facebook Cover Photo
- 6.7 Top 10 Best Online Facebook Cover Photo Makers
- 6.8 Top 10 Best Free Video Editors for Facebook Video Ads
- 6.9 How to Make Better Facebook Video Ads
- 6.10 How to Use Facebook Slideshow to Make a Video
- 7. Facebook Tips+
How to Create a Facebook Account
Millions of people are using Facebook in the world but still you may find few rare ones who still don’t know about this social media platform. But if you are here on this page then probably you are going to break all rules now and are thinking to jump to Facebook platform with an eye catching profile. That’s a great idea. Facebook is available for free and its interactive user interface will make everything fun for you. I must add, this is the best platform to stay connected with all your near and dear ones.
So, follow these guidelines to get started with a new Facebook account.
How to Create a Facebook Account
Step 1.Sign Up
The very first step is to open www.facebook.com on your web browser and then hit Create account option. It will ask for your basic information, simple add your real name in the space provided with two fields: First name and Last name. For the security reasons you may have to prove your identity so always prefer to create Facebook account with real name only.
Then enter your accurate and working mobile number or users can also prefer to update their email ID. It will be useful to get updates regarding their facebook account. Up date your desired secure password, birthday details and gender information. Once you enter this information, you will receive a verification code via SMS (if you have entered Mobile Number) or a link in email (if you have entered your email ID). Confirm your identity using this code or email link as your account will be created only after this verification.
Step 2.Set up Privacy Settings
As soon as your Facebook account is verified you can move to the next step inside your newly created account. It is important to start with privacy settings first and add controls about who can view your profile or updates. To do this, move to settings option available on top bar below an arrow at right hand side portion of screen.
A new settings window will open and you will find so many options in a navigation pane located at left hand side. Select privacy settings from this long list.
You will find different options for content audience: Public, Friends, Specific Friends and Only Me, chose any of these as per your need. Note that privacy settings can be also adjusted at the time of new post updates.
Step 3.Complete Profile Information
Now it is time to update your major profile information. This is quite interesting!
Step 4.Upload Profile Photo
The first most important task is to upload your suitable profile photo to make your profile recognizable to your friends. Facebook can automatically crop uploaded photos to desired size so you need not to worry about its dimensions. Just pick your most adorable photograph and make it your profile photo. As per recent updates made to Facebook platform, users can also use a 7 second video to make their profile video. It can be added from Android or iPhone.
In case if you want to update profile video from iPhone then simply visit your profile and tap on profile photo/video. Choose the options to either capture a new Profile Video or make selection from your device library. Once you choose, tap on use and update.
Those who are working on Android can simply move to Profile, tap on profile photo/video, select new photo/video from device, choose video thumbnail from bottom portion of screen and tap use.
Step 5.Add Cover Photo
Choose a beautiful photo cover of yours to make an eye catching Facebook banner. This selection can be also cropped or easily repositioned by using Facebook editing tools. Facebook also allow users to update a GIF image as Facebook Cover. Besides, Facebook allows you to change cover photo later .
Step 6.Update your basic info
Finally you have to update the ‘About’ section of your profile. Add your contact information, gender, age, and religion as well as relationship status as per your choice. Update few attractive quotes to make it more interesting.
Step 7.Find your Friends
In this last step you are now ready to make connections online. Facebook can help you to get connected with your friends and relatives. To do this, you need to search for your desired profiles and then send friend requests. Here are two techniques to send friend requests:
Search: You will find a search bar on the top of screen, enter name of your friends over there and as soon as you find them hit the “send friend request” button.
Import: Facebook also allows users to directly import their contacts. It can search contacts via Gmail, Outlook, Yahoo, AIM, Live Messenger etc. Simply move to find friend page to get started with this feature.
So finally, it is time to update an eye catching status for your friends on your new Facebook account.
Product-related questions? Speak directly to our Support Team >>