MOV Cutter: How to Cut/Split/Trim Quicktime MOV Files
" I have a digital camera that takes .mov movie files, which I upload to my computer for backup. I would love to cut portions out of these mov files to shorten them. Any ideas?"
- Lois from a forum
Like the man above, if you want to cut a MOV (QuickTime) file to the specific length or cut out some segment off a MOV (QuickTime) video, a wonderful MOV cutter can be the most desirable thing for you. Haven’t found such a satisfied MOV video file as your assistant? OK, I recommendFilmroa for Mac(Originally Wondershare Video Editor for Mac)).
Why choose Wondershare Filmora
- Provide a very quick and easy way to cut MOV to any length.
- Cut off any segment of your MOV videos.
- Real-time preview function enables you to very accurately cut off unwanted clips effortlessly.
- Save your MOV file in different formats, burn to DVD or directly upload online.
- Supported OS: Windows (Windows 10 included) & Mac OS X (above 10.6).
1. Add MOV (QuickTime) files to this MOV cutter
First, you need to add the MOV file you want to cut into this app’s album. You can easily and quickly do this job by clicking the "Import" button on the upper-left corner of the interface or directly dragging them into this app’s album. Then continue to drag the file to the Timeline
2. Cut MOV (QuickTime) file
Then move the top of the red Time Indicator to any position you want and then each time click the Scissor button. In this way, you can cut a MOV into several clips. In this time, press the button on the top-left corner to save this project for backup purpose.
Cut each clip into a single file
If you want to export every clip into a single file, import the saved project again and again, and each time you need to delete any other clips and just export the only clip you want into a single file.
Cut off your wanted clips from a MOV file or cut a MOV to the specific length
When you cut the MOV file into several clips, delete all clips you don’t want and just keep your wanted ones left.
3. Export the new MOV (QuickTime) file
In the last step, you need to click the “Create” button, select MOV format in the “Format” category of the pop-up window. When it’s done, you can find the new MOV file in the output folder.
Video Tutorial: How to Cut/Split/Trim MOV Video
Product-related questions? Speak directly to our Support Team >>
- •MOV file editng guide
- 1.1 Best MOV Editor for Windows 8
- 1.2 Top 5 Best Free MOV Video Joiners
- 1.3 Top 5 Best Free MOV Video Rotators
- 1.4 Top 5 Best Free MOV Video Cutters
- 1.5 How to Edit MOV Video Files in Mac/Win
- 1.6 How to Cut/Split/Trim MOV (QuickTime) Files
- 1.7 How to Join/Combine/Merge MOV
- 1.8 How to Rotate MOV Videos in Mac/ Windows
- 1.9 How to Split MOV File
- 1.10 How to Remove Audio from MOV Files