How To Remove The Endless Loop From Animated GIF
People may discover for themselves a lot of eye-catching looping gifs on the Internet that is of great interest to them. But sometimes, you may want to give an ending for your gif for a special effect. Then, here this article will show you how to do it with ease.
How to remove loop from GIF
The answer to the problem is very simple. Just open a GIF editor (or an editor that supports GIFs), then choose Remove loop option, and resave it. There are many freeware or online GIF editors that can help you achieve this. If you have no idea which one to choose and how to use it, this guide will help you a lot.
Online Solutions to stop endless GIF loop
- First, you head over to the Lunapic website.
- Click the Browse icon to upload your GIF image from your home computer. You can also type out the URL, then select Open from URL and select Go. It is that simple.
- Select or click on the Animation icon from the top menu.
- Select Edit GIF Animation.
- Click the drop down menu and decide on the number of loops for the GIF image.
- Hit the Apply button.
- User friendly and free
- Zooming, adding text, splitting and rotating are excellent tools to use on this application
- Not being able to use it without Internet.
- Very slowly while uploading large files.
- Upload the GIF pictures from your laptop computer.
- Compress the size of your GIF pictures.
- Set repeat times, 0=infinite loop
- Click Create Animation icon button
- User friendly and easy to use. Free
- Cannot be used without an internet connection.
- Cannot perform any other editing like correcting the color, adding additional text or cropping a GIF photo.
- Choose the GIF image file that you want to use.
- Upload the image to Ezgif.com.
- Drag or drop your photos in the order that you desire.
- Set the Loop with the count of how many times you want it to loop. If it is empty, the loop is infinite.
- Select Animate It.
- User friendly and free.
- Can do basic editing like adding new text, effects, cropping photos, splitting, and resizing your images. Cons: very slow, interface not intuitive
- very slow, interface not intuitive Ask internet connection
- Open your file on the Photoshop.
- Select the File icon and press the Save for Web icon.
- Check if the Animation button on the bottom of the save dialog is no longer the color of grey.
- Set looping count and then click on the preview menu for the animation. Then, you click Save.
- Professional, offers you many other advanced editing features
- Pricy, complicated.
2. Beneton Movie GIF
- Open your GIF images.
- Uncheck the ‘loop’ box in the bottom left
- a very small program that can get the job done.
- crash sometimes.
3. Falco GIF Animator
- Open your GIF using the program
- Uncheck the “repeat forever” box in the bottom right
- Then “save as” from the file menu
- Opens large GIFs without problems
- Simple and straightforward.
- A lot of useful GIF editing functions that you will like if you need to work with GIFs in general.
- Bundled with some other software you might not need. So be sure to uncheck the options you don’t want.
- Open your GIF, then resave it.
- You will be presented with a number of screens during the saving process.
- Make sure to ‘save as animation’ and then uncheck ‘loop forever’ as shown in the screenshots above.
- Upload large GIFs without problems
- It may be too large if you just want to a quick solution for GIF
- Changes the color of white spaces in GIFs
Product-related questions? Speak directly to our Support Team >>
- • GIF's Making Guide
- 1. What is a GIF
- 1.1 What is a GIF
- 2. GIF Creators+
- 2.1 Making GIFs from YouTube
- 2.2 GIF to Video Converters
- 2.3 Video to GIF Converters
- 2.4 GIF Maker Software
- 2.5 Free GIF Apps for Android
- 2.6 Free GIF Apps for iOS
- 2.7 Free GIF Makers Online
- 2.8 Free GIF Creator
- 3. Editing Tools+
- 3.1 Crop a GIF
- 3.2 Combine GIFs into One
- 3.3 Reduce GIF Size
- 3.4 Remove The Loop
- 3.5 Editing with Texts and Effects
- 3.6 Turn Video into GIF Images
- 3.7 Make a GIF in Photoshop
- 3.8 Upload GIF to Instagram
- 3.9 Download GIF from Twitter
- 3.10 Insert a GIF into Powerpoint