Best GIF Croppers: How to Crop an Animated GIF
Cropping an animated gif is quite different from cropping still images. Fortunately, there are also some free and easy to use croppers that can help you realize it. Read on to find the best 5 GIF croppers, and the how-to steps are listed in detail.
Top 5 Best GIF Croppers
Wondershare Filmora is an easy-to-use yet powerful video editing software which allows you to edit GIF files, like cropping, reversing, rotating, splitting, cutting, add text and overlays, etc.
How to crop gifs with Filmora
- Import gif file into program
- Drag it into timeline
- Right click on the gif clip, choose "Crop and Zoom"
- Drag the rectangle frame to crop the gif
- Hit the play button to preview the result. Hit OK when you get the image you want
- Click "Export", choose "Create Video", choose "GIF" as export format. You can change the resolution of the gif
- Export and save
An online site designed for GIF editing, you can find lots of interesting gifs made by other users on this site.
How to crop gif with GIFS.COM
- Upload the gif file to the website, or paste the url of the file
- Choose Crop
- Drag the highlighted area over the part you want to be in the final gif
- All the darker area will be removed
- Drag the left angle to resize
- Click Save, Create GIF
- Save or Share
Another simple online tool for cropping and slicing animated GIF, PNG and WebP.
How to crop gifs with EZGIF.COM
- Upload image from your computer or paste an url, click Upload
- Choose the Crop tool, drag a rectangle over the image
- Set the image width, height and adjust the aspect ratio
- Hit "Crop it"
A very tiny online tool that can help you crop GIFs quickly and easily
How to crop gif with ILOVEIMG.COM
- Select a GIF file from desktop, Google Drive, and Dropbox
- Drag the rectangle to crop the image
- Hit "Crop image"
- The final result will be downloaded automatically, you can also copy the image link if you want to share it with others.
This is an online GIF editor that helps you crop and slice animated GIFs
How to use GIFGIFS.COM to crop gifs
- Select the part of the image that you want to crop
- Press "Crop" button
- A second later, a preview window will appear under the original image. Click "Download the result" to export the cropped gif image.
Product-related questions? Speak directly to our Support Team >>
- • GIF's Making Guide
- 1. What is a GIF
- 1.1 What is a GIF
- 2. GIF Creators+
- 2.1 Making GIFs from YouTube
- 2.2 GIF to Video Converters
- 2.3 Video to GIF Converters
- 2.4 GIF Maker Software
- 2.5 Free GIF Apps for Android
- 2.6 Free GIF Apps for iOS
- 2.7 Free GIF Makers Online
- 2.8 Free GIF Creator
- 3. Editing Tools+
- 3.1 Crop a GIF
- 3.2 Combine GIFs into One
- 3.3 Reduce GIF Size
- 3.4 Remove The Loop
- 3.5 Editing with Texts and Effects
- 3.6 Turn Video into GIF Images
- 3.7 Make a GIF in Photoshop
- 3.8 Upload GIF to Instagram
- 3.9 Download GIF from Twitter
- 3.10 Insert a GIF into Powerpoint