There comes a point when even the best video does not look that great. It can happen due to several reasons, but one is prominent among them all. One particular among them is not caring to remove video noise and graininess. A video is a whole package to see and hear, but if one of the elements is missing, it leaves a bad impression.
This article is specifically designed to talk about this particular problem of bad sound quality. In this article, you will learn about the advantages and disadvantages of noise in your videos. Moreover, you will learn about how to remove or add video noise and graininess. This will further help you in any situation where you want to add or remove video noise or graininess.
In this article
Like any other option, noise in a video has some good and bad pointers. However, it depends on the context and the requirement of a video.
Good Part of Having Noise in The Audio of Your Video
We all have heard about blessing in disguise; sometimes, having unnecessary noise works that way. It maintains the originality of a video. Let’s see some of the pros of having noise in videos:
In some contexts, you can add noise to enhance a sense of realism and naturalness to your audio. Filmmakers or video game designers can use background noise to make scenes more authentic.
Noise can add imperfections to your video content. These imperfections can help make the audio sound smoother. Moreover, you can add controlled noise at the desired intervals of your video.
3. Privacy and Security
You can add noise in some situations to protect privacy and ensure security in your video. There is a technique called “white noise injection,” which can be adopted to prevent unauthorized access to your content.
Additionally, adding noise to your audio file in video content will help you to explore the creative side. It can help you to add texture to your video content.
5. Psychological Effects
Adding noise to your video project can also have a psychological impact on the viewer. You can add noises of rain or ocean waves to have a calming effect on the audience.
Negative Impact of Adding Noise
Just as the excess of everything is bad, having noise in videos can be, too. It can irritate the listeners with sensitive hearing. Without further delay, let’s learn the cons of having noise in videos:
1. Reduced Clarity
It can help degrade the quality of your audio recordings. Moreover, adding noise can make it difficult to understand the important information in your audio.
Another bad thing about adding noise to your audio files is that it can distract you, leaving a bad listening experience. It will also make it difficult to listen to public announcements or emergency broadcasts.
3. Communication Issues
Moreover, audio noise or background hiss can lead to better communication. It will make it difficult to communicate with people when there is noise in the audio.
4. Increased File Size
Some may not consider this an issue, but noise can lead to increased file size. People can have problems with large audio file sizes.
5. Signal Processing Challenges
Having noise in audio recordings or files can create another issue, that is to remove it. Sometimes, removing noise or reducing its effect on your content makes it difficult.
Wondershare Filmora is a video editing tool for your digital media. It is a tool that can freshen up your content with some amazing editing tools. You can change the dynamics of your video creation with Wondershare Filmora. Before talking so highly of this tool, one must learn what it offers its users.
It starts with very basic to more advanced and powerful editing features. Consequently, it is a tool that can handle not only your videos or photos but also your audio files. It provides amazing features that can edit, modify, or even adjust your audio files. Moreover, this tool can help you to remove or add video noise and graininess from content.
Top-Rated Audio Features of Wondershare Filmora
While dealing with other aspects of your videos, Filmora does not leave out audio. Let us learn how you can use Filmora's audio editing tools not only to edit but also to maintain audio quality:
- AI Audio Denoise: This tool provides powerful AI tools, including its AI Denoiser tool. With this AI-enabled tool, anyone can remove unwanted noise from their audio or video files.
- Audio Visualizer: Wondershare Filmora stands out from the rest of the video editors because it provides audio visualizers. There are so many visuals that you can drop in your project, aligning with your sound.
- Text to Speech (TTS): One of the most unique audio options of Filmora is its text-to-speech option. This tool of Filmora is powered by AI to convert text into narration with ease.
- Speech to Text (STT): Filmora, other than text-to-speech, offers a speech-to-text feature that you can benefit from. Its speech-to-text feature can handle more than 26 different languages.
- Auto Beat Sync: In this audio list, another cool feature of Wondershare Filmora is its Audio Beat Sync option. With this feature, you can match your audio with your video clip to see your effect look better.
- AI Audio Stretch: Have you ever thought about how to make a short audio or music file to match the length of your video? Don’t panic because Wondershare Filmora can handle it with its Audio Stretch feature.
- Audio Ducking: Do not change the volume of your background music when someone is talking manually. Now, you can use the Audio Ducking option of Filmora to decrease the music sound automatically.
- Silence Detection: Last but not least, Wondershare Filmora can detect the silent intervals in your video or audio. That means when these parts are highlighted, you can delete them instantly.
Do not look around to remove and add noise and graininess to your video content. You can use Wondershare Filmora to add or remove noise from your audio. Moreover, you can do it manually or through its audio editing AI features.
Steps To Add/Remove Noise & Graininess Using Wondershare Filmora
Although Filmora has a simple editing system, one can still get confused initially. To eliminate this struggle and familiarize you with it, have a look below:
Step 1Enter the Editing Interface and Import Audio
First, launch Filmora on your device and select the "New Project" button. Enter the editing interface, and import your audio file in the "Media” by clicking the “Export” option.
Step 2Drop Media in Timeline and Access Audio Panel
Since you’ve imported your audio in "Project Media," it's time to drop it in the timeline. Continue and click audio, and access the "Audio" panel from the right corner of the screen.
Step 3Make Use of the Available Options
Once in the “Audio” panel, click "Audio Normalization" for a smoother sound. Moreover, you can increase the sound by using the "Volume" slider. You can use the "Pitch" slider to change the sound pitch in your audio file.
Additionally, play around with the “Denoise” option and toggle on the switch you want to as per the requirement. After that, you can change the values according to your requirements using the sliders of different options. This will help you denoise or even add noise to your video file, depending on how you change the values.
To summarize the above discussion, one must learn about video noise. Noise in a video can be good or bad. Depending on the situation, it can be helpful, and sometimes you want to remove it. For both purposes, this article has provided you with a solution to help you cater to it. Moreover, you’ve learned how you can use Wondershare Filmora to add or remove video noise and graininess.