Top 5 Free Screen Recorders on Windows 10
When it comes to finding free screen recorders on Windows 10, the Internet would never disappoint you. It is just a matter of few clicks. However, here is the glitch: though you would find numerous software for screen recording, finding a completely free screen recorder can be a challenging task.
While searching for the top free screen recorders for Windows 10, we stumbled upon numerous software. Among so many, we have picked top 5 screen recorders for Windows 10 and now we are going to discuss the pros and cons of each one. So, let's get started.
The All-in-One Screen Recorder & Video Editor
- Record desktop screen, voiceover, and webcam simultaneously
- Edit recorded clips quickly with a wide range of professional tools
- Built-in plentiful templates and effects
- Export to MP4, MOV, MKV, GIF and multiple formats
Choose the Right Free Screen Recorder for Windows 10
|DemoCreator||ScreenToGif||CamStudio||OBS Studio||VLC||Built-in Screen Recorder|
|Frame up to 120||√|
|Easy to Use||√||√||√||√|
|Clean and Safe||√||√||√||√||√||√|
|Basic Editing Tools||√||√||√|
|Advanced Editing Tools||√|
|Stable and Smooth||√||√||√||√||√||√|
Powered by Slant community, ScreenToGif is a free screen recorder on Windows 10 with an integrated editor. It’s open source and available as a portable bundle and thus you do not need to install it on your PC, which solves the problems with slowed down performance because of heavy software being installed .
- No need to install – available as a portable bundle
- Free and open sourse program, no ads
- Low frame rate - sometimes it is unable to capture with 60 FPS
Top 4 CamStudio
With CamStudio, you can easily record screen on Windows 10 as well as audio activity that is going on your computer and prepare a high quality AVI video files. Moreover, by using the built-in SWF Producer, you can easily turn the AVIs into mean, lean and bandwidth compatible Streaming Flash videos or SWFs. You can use this software to create various types of demonstration videos for software programs. Also, this software can be used to create a video to answer the FAQs in a video format. Videos can be recorded for school and college tutorials.
CamStudio also has the facility to add the finest quality, anti-aliased screen captions to the recordings in no time. Also, with its feature of Video Annotation, the videos can be personalized by including a small webcam movie of yours as Picture in Picture.
- CamStudio has the feature of creating a screen-in-screen video
- With CamStudio, files in AVI format can be easily converted into Flash
- This software permits you to create files of smaller size
- It is equipped with a customised cursor
- It also has quality options for outputting video
- It comes with built-in help file
- It is 100% free to use
- Many times, the audio falls out of the sync with video
- The output received from CamStudio is incompatible with a number of browsers
- There are no animation features and also lacks any interactive feature
Top 3 OBS Studio
OBS Studio is one of the most famous, open source and free software that is used by millions of people as free screen recorder for Windows 10. The best feature of this software is that there is no video length restriction. It is a professional software that is used to capture the desktop videos and also provides an amazing tool for live streaming.
- It is open source and free
- This software is known for using less resources as compared to the other software
- It comes with the live streaming feature
- It has more than 20 plugins that enhance the functionalities
- It can’t record several audio tracks with Replay Buffer
- It can’t link to an audio file as a main source
Top 2 VLC
VLC, also known as VLC Media Player is an open source coss platform that is available free of cost. The framework of VLC is created by VideoLAN project that works with almost all the audio and video file formats along with DVDs, CDs, VCDs etc. Moreover, it is also compatible with most of the operating systems. It comes with a huge library of coding and decoding that negates the need of any additional plugins.
- It is quite simple to use and is powerful enough to play the video in a smooth and fluent manner on Windows 10
- It is 100% safe to use and comes with no adware or spyware
- It is competent with most of codes and there is no need of codec packs: Div, MPEG-2, , WebM, etc.
- Though it is an excellent recorder, it lacks of powerful editing tools, and it's more like a media player.
Top 1 Built-in Free Screen Recorder for Windows 10
While not many people are aware of the fact that Windows 10 has a built-in screen recorder, it is there, though, with the incapability to record in high resolution. Yes, this acts as a deal breaker for some. But at the same time, if someone wants a hassle-free and easily to use screen recorder, the in-built screen recorder by Windows 10 gets the job done for you.
- Easy to use for beginners with its intuitive interface and design
- No need to install the third-party software
- As a built-in software, it is safe to use
- You’ll require a video card in order to record you screen through Game DVR
- It doesn’t allow recording of the desktop, you need to be inside a software in order to record your screen
Now, in the race of the best free screen recorders for Windows 10, comes Filmora scrn that is becoming popular among masses. Though all the above mentioned software are free to use, when it comes to their interface, it is quite old and traditional as compared to DemoCreator.
DemoCreator offers you some of the most scintillating features that include:
- An effect store with hundreds of effect choices to select from
- Record games up to 120 fps
- Provide a large number of annotation resources
- Record videos from webcam and screen seamlessly
- Possess a good compatibility with Windows 10
Well, let us get introduced with some of the cool and amazing features of DemoCreator. When it comes to the creative features, it has a wide range of choices including music, transitions, various filters and overlays, text and motion element features that would make your video stand out from the rest of the crowd. Also, it has a large editing tool gallery with options of trimming, splitting and speed control.
And wait, the cherry on the cake is still there. Filmora scrn offers its users exclusively creative effects at very budget friendly prices. If you don’t want to spend anything on screen recorder for Windows 10, well, you have the option to go with Filmora scrn that you can simply download and use. So, what are you waiting for? Try Filmora scrn today!
7 Cool Video Reversal Ideas for Your Project
by Liza Brown May 16, 2023 19:17 PM
How to choose the best music for video project
by Liza Brown May 16, 2023 19:17 PM