- • Facebook Guide
- 1. About Facebook+
- 1.1 Everything About Facebook
- 1.2 Top 5 New Facebook Features in 2017 You Should Know
- 1.3 Everything About Facebook Live Split Screen You Should Know
- 2. Facebook Alternatives+
- 3. Facebook Live+
- 3.1 How to Live Stream 360 Video on Facebook
- 3.2 Top 8 Tips and Tricks for Mastering Facebook Live
- 3.3 How to live stream to Facebook with wirecast
- 3.4 How to livestream on Facebook from android and iOS
- 3.5 How to live stream game to Facebook via Xsplit
- 3.6 How to live stream Facebook from PC, Mac or Laptop with OBS
- 3.7 How to Use DSLR for Facebook Live on your PC or Mac
- 3.8 How to Live Stream Xbox to Facebook Live
- 3.9 How to Stream iOS Android Screen, Games or Apps to Facebook Live
- 3.10 How to live stream to facebook from DJI Drone
- 4. Facebook 360+
- 4.1 What is Facebook 360 Video
- 4.2 How to Post 360 Photos on iOS/Android to Facebook
- 4.3 How to take 360 Videos on iPhone for Facebook
- 5. Facebook Video Download+
- 5.1 Top 10 Facebook Video Downloaders for Android
- 5.2 Top 5 Facebook Video Downloader for iOS
- 5.3 Top 5 Online Facebook Video Downloader
- 5.4 How to Download Facebook Videos on Wins/Mac
- 6. Facebook Video Editing+
- 6.1 Facebook Video Maker: How to Make Facebook Video
- 6.2 How to Make your Profile Video More Attractive
- 6.3 How to Watermark Your Facebook Photos/Videos
- 6.4 How to Easily Create Captions and Subtitles for Facebook Videos
- 6.5 How to Create and Change Video Cover on Facebook
- 6.6 How to Change Facebook Cover Photo
- 6.7 Top 10 Best Online Facebook Cover Photo Makers
- 6.8 Top 10 Best Free Video Editors for Facebook Video Ads
- 6.9 How to Make Better Facebook Video Ads
- 6.10 How to Use Facebook Slideshow to Make a Video
- 7. Facebook Tips+
How to Change Facebook Cover Photo
Those who are using Facebook for the very first time may definitely seek some help in account creation, profile organization as well as in photo updates. Timeline of a new facebook user often appears empty but you can try to fill it up soon. But before that it is important to design your profile in such a manner that everyone will find it eye catching and unique. To do this, we recommend you to update stunning profile photo with impressive Facebook cover.
The article below will help you to get detailed information about how Facebook Cover Photo can be uploaded for the very first time as well as about how to change it.
What is Facebook Cover Photo?
Some of the most important attractions of a Facebook profile use to be profile photo and cover photo. The cover photo use to be of larger size and it appears above your profile photo. In order to create special impact on viewers, always prefer to update unique cover image for your Facebook profile and in case if you are running a business page then you have to stay more careful.
Facebook Cover Photo Size You Need to Know:
You might be aware of the fact that Facebook Cover photos have definite size and users can upload changes according to that settings only. The general dimensions for a Facebook cover photo use to be 315 pixel for height and almost 851 pixels for width.
If your cover photo is not having same dimensions then you may have to crop it. To do this, simply move to an editor tool like Photoshop and then import your cover photo over there. Now choose the crop tool and update its resolution as 315 pixels for height and 851 pixels for width. Once you are done with desired editing then get your image saved to your device. Prefer .jpg file format for Facebook covers.
How to Change Facebook Cover Photo?
Are you going to upload Facebook cover photo first time? Don’t worry! We are here to assist you. Facebook is a popular social media site and it definitely provides interactive setting options. All that you need to do is click the “Choose Cover Photo” option on your profile and then move to the folder containing pictures. Select “Choose” when you get your desired selection and soon it will be updated. In case if you already have updated some cover photo and now wish to change it with a new one, then the steps below can help you to complete the process:
Step 1: Go to your profile and move to the already updated cover photo. Here you will find Update Cover Photo option out of four different choices: Choose from Photos, Upload Photo, Reposition, and Remove.
Step 2: Now click “Choose from My Photos” option to select a cover photo for your profile. This method can help you to select photos from your already uploaded Facebook photos.
Step 3: You can choose your cover photo from your favourite album that is always available on Facebook platform.
Once you have updated your desired photo then you can soon view it from timeline but it will be containing one message over it: “Drag to reposition cover”. In case if your cover is not of standard size then you will have to adjust its dimensions on Facbeook. Note that Facebook covers need to be wider enough to meet its dimensions, the minimum requirement of the cover photo is 720 pixels wide.
Step 4: It is time to drag your cover photo with the simple to use auto drag tool of Facebook. Try to adjust your cover photo perfectly within the standard frame size.
Step 5: Now you can save changes:
Note: In case if you are not satisfied with the quality or content of your recently updated Facebook cover photo, you can try to update another one with the same procedure as discussed above.
It is also possible to select photos from any folder inside your computer or smartphone. When you choose to select from your computer then it will immediately open up a new navigation window on your screen and you will be able to see all files through it. Simply follow the instructions displayed on screen to select your photo.
As soon as you have changed your cover photo with any of these methods as discussed above, it will soon appear in your timeline posts. In case if you want to remove it from news feed, you can also make settings to remove the cover page change notification from timeline. On the right hand corner of your cover, you will find a pencil like icon, click this one to hide your cover notification from the page.
Product-related questions? Speak directly to our Support Team >>