How to Edit a Travel Video
One of the joys of travelling lies in recording your travels in a way that makes it a pleasure to relive them later or share them with your family and friends. Here're 10 tips to make awesome travel video:
It is not necessary to be a seasoned travel journalist to create memorable travel videos! With a wide variety of video editing software available today, you can make your travel videos look as professional as the best in the world. Whether you have shot great footage or not, you can fix all your mistakes in the editing stage to create videos that are flawless!
Part1 Best video editors that are good for editing travel videos:
This software is one of the best that gives you all the features of a professional film studio in an intuitive, easy-to-use format. If you are a novice, this would be perfect for you. For more experienced people, the Filmora has all the tools that you need to make your videos look even more professional than they do already! There are more than 100 visual effects and even split screen, scene detection, and picture in picture to give you the freedom to create visual masterpieces. It is compatible with the majority of video formats in use today. It is easy to burn into DVDs and publish your videos on social media platforms as well as transfer to IOS and Android devices.
Watch a short video to see how Filmora works:
AVS Video Editor
This is a professional quality video editor that supports Blu-ray videos and has multilingual support. It has both single and double video track, non-destructive editing, and HD support as well.
Final Cut Pro
Used by professionals in Hollywood, developed by Apple Inc., this is one of the premium video editing software out there. It also has a storyboard mode and 99 different audio and video tracks.
Part 2Shooting Your Travel Video
It is important to put in a good deal of thought and planning before you start shooting your travel video, while also allowing plenty of room for spontaneity and improvisation (after all, you never know what you might find on your travels!). Taking shots that are as natural as possible is what makes a travel video more endearing.
If you are giving voiceovers, it is good to do a little bit of research beforehand on the place you are visiting, its history, etc., and take your time to think before you say something.
If you take additional footage or footage in sequence, it will make it all the more easier at the editing stage. It is also important to keep your camera as steady as possible. It is best to avoid zooming in and out quickly as well as panning often.
If you are going to be in front of the camera and it makes you nervous, just pretend that you are talking to your loved ones. Let your personality shine through your video!
Part 3 Editing Your Video
The first step is, obviously, watching your entire video and editing out the extraneous or unwanted parts. Using your video editing software, you can place transitions in between scenes, text in scenes, special effects, music, and voiceovers.
The music you choose will have a great impact on how your video is perceived and the mood you want to convey, so give this a good deal of thought. Make sure that the music you choose matches the places you visited and the ambience in those places. It can also be music that reminds you of your trip.
Part 4 Tips to make your video even better
- Try to include as much of visuals and sounds of the places that you visit. Your viewers will want to see the places that you have been to as much as possible, so show more and talk less!
- Consider different angles and shot compositions to make your video interesting. Have an interesting mix of shots to spruce up your video.
- Have as much additional footage as possible. This can always be edited later, but if you don't have adequate footage, there is nothing you can do about it later!
- Check your settings every time before you start shooting.
- Check your footage each time you stop shooting. This way, you will know if you have missed some settings. If something is not right, you can fix it immediately without wasting valuable footage, time, and energy.
- Make sure your audio footage is as good as your video footage as this adds life to your video.
Keeping these steps and tips in mind the next time you make your travel video is sure to give you professional quality travel movies!
Product-related questions? Speak directly to our Support Team >>
- • Travel and Vacation Guide
- 1. Travel video editing tips
- 1.1 Tips to make travel videos
- 1.2 How to edit travel videos
- 1.3 Music resource for travel videos
- 1.4 How to make travel video slideshow
- 1.5 Summer vacation video ideas
- 1.6 Make travel video with GoPro
- 1.7 How to record honeymoon video
- 1.8 10 best classic family vacation movie
- 2. Travel Destination Tips
- 2.1 Best 10 travel cameras
- 2.2 Top 10 travel destinations
- 2.3 How to choose holiday destination
- 2.4 Top 10 budget friendly honeymoon destinations