Best Video Player for Windows PC Top 10
We often need video players for our window PC but before installing new software it is good to get some information about it. It is good to pre-rate its performance based on supported file formats and ease of use. The article below will help you to get detailed info about top 10 video players that are compatible with Window PC. They can be easily installed on Window 10, 8, 9 and Window XP.
VLC is maintaining its win-win position in the top video player list from long past. It is not just good for it’s out of box features rather it can be easily tweaked to boost performance. You will be glad to know that it is open source software tool and you can easily find so many free versions that are maintained by community.Supported File Formats:
For Video Files: Real, Matroska (MKV), Annodex, OGM, OGG, 3GP, MOV, MP4, WMA, WMV, ASF, AVI, MPEG. For Audio Files: Creative Voice, SMF, Standard MIDI, FLV (Flash), FLAC, RawDV, Nut, MXF, AC3, AAC, DTS.Pons
- Available for free.
- Can play devices, webcams, CDs and other files.
- Possess audio-video filters.
- Subtitle synchronous.
- It does not support external filters and MIDI playback.
2. GOM Player:
It is best recommendation for Window 10 users. GOM player is well known for its smoothness and higher level of customization that assists beginners as well as professionals. This video player possesses codec finder that helps to make search for desired codec whenever GOM does not have specific codec.Supported File Formats:
AVI, TS, MPG, FLV, MKV etc. It also supports playlist formats like .pls and .asx.Pons
- Available for free.
- 360 video view supported.
- A-B repeat.
- Minimalist design with awesome features.
- Limited help feature.
3. Pot Player:
It is available for free to all Window users and offers pretty good features. You need not to add external codecs to this player as it can support all media files automatically and can also update codecs as per need.Supported File Formats:
It supports CUDA, DXA and QuickSync whereas users can enjoy 3D output formats with 3D glasses.Pons
- Comes with built in hotkeys and keyboard shortcuts.
- Clean and user friendly interface.
- Supports 3D oriented features along with 3D glasses.
- Free of cost.
- Aspect ratio is an issue.
4. Media Player Classic:
You might have heard rarely about MPC but it serves like biggest threat to VLC with its incredible features and open source design. It is capable enough to offer all VLC supported features but at much smoother rate and in interactive manner. Further, it also extends support to external shaders and filters.Supported File Formats:
Capable enough to play VCD, DVD, SVCD without additional codecs. Possesses built in type codecs for MPEG-2 files and contains codecs for DTS, AC3, 3GP, MP2 and LPCM.Pons
- Well rated as a light weight software tool without unnecessary ads.
- Supports key commands and shortcuts.
- Comes with portable version that boosts productivity.
- Possesses customizable skins and toolbar.
- Open source and free as well.
- Not yet found!
Kodi is specially designed to serve crazy movie lovers. Its full screen interface is interactive enough and you will also be able to listen music through this player. One can also watch images while enjoying movie but will serve good only if you have rich media browsing experience.Supported File Formats:
Audio: MIDI, AIFF, AAC, DTS, APE, WavPack, WMA, MOD, NSF etc. Video: MPEG-1/2/4, RealVideo, WMV and H.265 etc.Pons
- Allows sports live streaming.
- Free to use.
- Efficient and wide compatibility.
- Complicated for beginners.
6. KM Player:
One of the leading sources for video playbacks and content discovery! It is highly rated for its record breaking viewership and can serve efficiently like a standalone video player.Supported File Formats:
Allows users to play UHD, 4K, 2K and 3D videos.Pons
- It offers much smoother playback with its internal codex files.
- Extends support to 36 languages.
- Available for free.
- Annoying adds.
7. SM Player:
This video player can be used for listening audio tracks and music content. There are so many handy features along with easy to adjust subtitles, customizable playlists, screenshot tools, graphic equalizers and many more.Supported File Formats:
All popular media file formats like WMV, MP4, MKV and AVI etc.Pons
- It is open source and free player.
- Comes with Equalizers and supports radio as well as YouTube Browser.
- Can fetch video subtitles automatically from Internet.
- You need to spend more time to be friendly with its interface.
8. Media Monkey:
If you take music seriously then Media Monkey is best option for you. The best thing to know about this software tool is that it can help you to get information about album, artists etc directly from internet.Supported File Formats:
It works with MP3, OGG, MPC, WMA, WAV, VQF, FLAC, APE and FLAC etc.Pons
- It allows iPod connectivity.
- Well known for its advanced features including advanced synchronization, organization, tagging and convenient media library.
- Too much features are difficult to handle for a beginner.
9. All Player:
There are so many amazing features hidden inside All Player and they are quite useful for beginners as well as professionals. You will definitely love to work with its voice recognition ability for subtitles.Supported File Formats:
APE, FLAC, MOV, QuickTime, RMVB, MPEG, MPG, M2TS, MKV, 3GP, MP4, FLV, AVI, MP3 and many more.Pons
- It comes with quick to start interface.
- Will not demand more CPU power.
- Although, its name is All Player but it cannot play all media files. That’s sad!
10. Real Player:
Real Player is quite simple and works like a solid media manager. You will be glad to know that it also possesses an android compatible application. This all in one player can assist you to play music, watch videos and for viewing photographs.Supported File Formats:
It supported M4V, MP4, RMVB, WAV, WMV, FLV, AVI and many other popular media file formats.Pons
- It offers solid performance for all kind of media files.
- Possess a very simple and intuitive interface.
- You will not be able to access advanced features like video editing, advanced sorting and photo effects etc.
Product-related questions? Speak directly to our Support Team >>