FAQs of Using VLC Player on Mac
Dec 08, 2020• Proven solutions
If you have a computer, you will want to have the best media player. A media player can help you manage your audio and video files in numerous ways. Undoubtedly, VLC Mac is many people’s go-to choice for a media player. But before you hop on the bandwagon, review the FAQs about using VLC on Mac.
1. Can I download VLC on my Mac?
VLC is one of the media players that operate smoothly on macOS systems too. The cross-platform multimedia player runs on most versions of MacOS systems.
2. Is VLC media player free on Mac?
Lucky for all its users, the VLC media player is free to be downloaded, installed, and run on Mac. With this free media player, your wallet will not lose its weight and you will be able to play all file formats on it.
3. What is the best VLC version to download on Mac?
All MacOS system users need to pay attention here. Many people complain that the version of VLC that they downloaded off the internet is not functioning properly on their Mac. There is a reason behind its bleak performance.
The latest version of VLC media player is supported on the Mac OS X version. If you have this version then make sure to download the latest release. If not, do not despair because there is something for you too.
VLC offers something for everyone; if you have an older version of the macOS system, you will need previous releases of the VLC media player. But which one?
● VLC 2.2.8 works the best on Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard.
● VLC 2.0.10 is the best VLC media player for Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard.
● The version VLC 0.9.10 has proven to be the best fit for Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger.
● For Mac OS X 10.3 Panther, the VLC 0.8.6i should be used.
● If you have Mac OS X 10.2 Jaguar, only go for VLC 0.8.4a.
● Last but not least, users of Mac OS X 10.0 Cheetah and 10.1 Puma should install VLC 0.7.0.
4. Is the VLC media player safe for Mac?
Generally, the VLC media player is considered to be safe for Mac. In fact, many believe it to be the best media player for Mac. First off, you should remember that VLC is not available on the App Store for Mac.
This is the reason behind so many users choose to download VLC on Mac from third-party websites. The trouble is that many of the VLC Mac files on such websites contain a virus that will eventually infect your Mac once the player is downloaded.
5. How to download the VLC media player on Mac?
The above answer might have sent you into worry. Before you completely abandon the idea of VLC Mac, stop. There is a safe way to download VLC on Mac. The steps you need to follow are:
1. Go to the official website of VLC media player which is videolan.org/vlc.
2. There you will find the option to download the file, click on the button labeled Download VLC.
3. Go to your download folder and locate the .dmg file. Double click on it.
4. As the last step, move the VLC icon into the applications section.
6. How to edit VLC files on Mac?
Be smart and stay away from all online video editing tools. They will be able to offer mediocre tools and results. Video editing software is the only reliable and professional utility to edit videos for VLC on Mac.
In terms of excellence, Filmora X for Mac Version offers you smart video editing tools and the best user experience. The other reason that users wishing to edit videos for VLC tend to flock to Filmora X is that is completely free of charge.
7. How to play a video of VLC on Mac?
You will be pleasantly surprised with the VLC media player as it is insanely easy to navigate. To play VLC videos on your Mac, you need to:
1. Open the VLC media player.
2. You can simply drag the file into the player’s window and that will play the video. The other option is to go to the video file’s location, click on the Video icon shaped like a traffic cone, and open it.
8. Is VLC appropriate as a default media player for Mac?
Many people do have VLC Mac as their default. If you are looking for a media player that supports all file formats then VLC should be your choice. It does not crash or lag. If there are ever any bugs, a new update immediately solves them.
9. Where is the configuration file of VLC on Mac?
You can easily locate the file:
1. Go home.
2. Visit the library.
3. Head over to preferences.
4. Click on VLC and you will find your configuration file.
10. Why is VLC the best media player for Mac?
VLC is considered to be the best media player for Mac because it can play any video file, it continuously comes up with new releases, and has not failed the users as of yet.