- DaVinci Resolve 12.5 User Guide
- 1. DaVinci Resolve Alternatives+
- 1.1 Top 5 DaVinci Resolve 12.5 Alternatives
- 1.2 DaVinci Resolve 12.5 vs. DaVinci Resolve 12.5 Studio
- 1.3 Blackmagic DaVinci Resolve 12.5 Vs Adobe Premiere Pro
- 1.4 DaVinci Resolve 12.5 Vs HitFilm 4 Express
- 2. Basic Video Editing +
- 2.1 Top 8 Video Editing Tips for DaVinci Resolve
- 2.2 How to Add Logo to Video in DaVinci Resolve
- 2.3 How to Add Titles in DaVinci Resolve
- 2.4 How to Stabilize Video Footage in DaVinci Resolve
- 2.5 How to Blur Face in Video with DaVinci Resolve
- 2.6 How to Compare Clips in DaVinci Resolve
- 2.7 How to Save Automatically in DaVinci Resolve
- 3. Advanced Video Editing +
- 3.1 How to Use Multicam Editing in DaVinci Resolveo
- 3.2 How to Use Point Tracker in DaVinci Resolve
- 3.3 How to Use Log Grading in DaVinci Resolve
- 3.4 How to Do a Green Screen Composite with DaVinci Resolve
- 3.5 How to Create a 3D Text in DaVinci Resolve
- 3.6 How to Round Trip from Final Cut Pro to DaVinci Resolve
- 3.7 How to Make a Slow Motion Video in DaVinci Resolve
- 3.8 How to Use Dynamic Zoom in DaVinci Resolve
- 4. Audio Editing +
- 5.Color Correction+
- 5.1 Color Grading Tips for DaVinci Resolve
- 5.2 How to Use DaVinci Resolve for Automatic Video Color Correction
- 5.3 How to Fix White Balance in DaVinci Resolve
- 5.4 How to Match Skintones Perfectly in DaVinci Resolve
- 5.5 How to Use Qualifier in DaVinci Resolve
- 5.6 Shot Matching Tips for DaVinci Resolve
- 5.7 Fastest Ways to Get Film Look in DaVinci Resolve
- 5.8 How to Create LUTs in DaVinci Resolve
- 5.9 Using Power Grades in DaVinci Resolve
- 6. Tips and Tricks+
- 6.1 How to Remove Black Sun Spots in DaVinci Resolve
- 6.2 How to Use Smart Bins in DaVinci Resolve
- 6.3 How to Import Video Files into DaVinci Resolve
- 6.4 How to Export video in DaVinci Resolve
- 6.5 Using Scene Detection in DaVinci Resolve
- 7. Resources and Troubleshooting+
Top 5 DaVinci Resolve Alternatives 2018
DaVinci is a leading color grading platform that is often used by filmmakers for development of quality content. If you are not able to afford Quantel, Pablo or Baselight systems then DaVinci Resolve is perfect solution for you. It possesses professional multi track editing system along with a well designed colour corrector tool. You will find this platform highly scalable as well as resolution independent. But the biggest trouble for users is its requirement for high performance GPU and well performing resources. If you want to achieve professional quality but are not in a condition to invest for a high performance system then it is good to search for few potential alternatives to DaVinci Resolve.
All video editing software mentioned below are very professional, and they are complicated to use if you are new to video editing. If you want to use an easier video editor, we recommend Wondershare Filmora, which has intuitive interface yet powerful features in Windows and Mac. It provides not only the basic editing features, including trimming, splitting, rotating, cropping and merging, but also advance color tuning and video and audio editing, such as green screen, split screen, stabilize video footage, detach audio files. And you can upload your video to Facebook, YouTube and Vimeo directly to share with your friends and family. What’s more, you can save your video footage to your iPhone and Android smartphone to watch at any place and anytime or burn it to DVD collection.
Top 5 Alternatives to DaVinci Resolve:
1.Adobe Premiere Pro:
Price: $20 to $50 per Month.
Compatibility: Windows, Mac OS X.
Adobe Premiere Pro is well known professional video editing tool with brand new features. People love to work with its streamlined colour grading platform, improved media management and redesigned timeline. If you are more focused on creativity in your work then Premiere pro will assist you completely with its all new features. This software tool is a part of creative cloud so users are able to access all latest updates with ease. New features can be downloaded as soon as they get released and then things can be easily synchronized with other computers. The expert training videos are easily available on online library.
- Effects workflow is impressively improved.
- It comes with enhanced mercury playback engine.
- There are so many advanced editing tools.
- GPU support range is limited.
2.Final Cut Pro:
Compatibility: Works with Mac OS X only.
It provides non destructive and non linear editing abilities with extended support to all popular video file formats like HDV, DV, P2 MXF, all 2k formats and XDCAM etc. Users can easily manage batch processing over this network where abilities raised up to 99 audio tracks at a time. It also supports multi camera editing feature so that customized videos can be developed for inputs taken from multiple cameras. Some of the advanced editing functions include time ramping, razor blade, scrub, slide, slip, roll and ripple etc.
- Advanced editing features and redefined interface.
- Customizable workspaces.
- Well managed motion templates.
- Touch bar support is provided over Retina MacBook Pro.
- Free update is included for existing users.
- It never provides support to collaborative editing platform where users generally work on multiple editors.
Price: $24.99 per month
Compatibility: Linux, Windows and Mac OS X.
This software program is serving professionals from film industry from last so many years. LightWorks have its unique image with advanced editing features and is suitable for industry standard applications. You will be able to access highly customized user interface to run video projects and it is a one size fits all kind of platform.
- Free as well as paid both versions are available.
- It is resolution independent.
- Interface is tested by professionals.
- Industry standard application with customizable interface.
- Audio effects are very less.
- You will not be able to get any help from service support team.
Learn more:How to Use Lightworks 14
Price: $49.99 per Month.
Compatibility: Windows and Mac OS X
AVD Media Composer is popularly used for free lancing projects because it allows users to access an extensive workflow over single platform. The collaboration between users is much impressive and is most suitable if you are a window user. It extends support to so many video file formats and tools are well organized.
- Best tool for television and film editing needs.
- Features are excellently organized and well managed.
- Provides great cross platform support services
- Color correction choices are limited.
- Much time is required for pre-preparation and trans-coding.
Compatibility: Windows only
There are so many fast and efficient video editing effects that can make things much easier during editing tasks. This software is commonly used by gamers and short film makers as it offers wide range of visual effects. The interactive user interface assists users in finer camera movements with fast effect utilization. Vegas pro is well known for its 4k, 2k and stereoscopic 3D editing capabilities.
- Key framing is quire easier and impressive feature.
- Free style type camera movements are supported.
- Added gaming effects pack makes it more suitable gamers.
- There are so many pre-installed video effects.
- Load time is a big problem; software usually takes much time for opening.
- It often stays cluttered with so many pluggins like optical flare etc.
- Lacks in some special effects like red flare etc.
Product-related questions? Speak directly to our Support Team >>