- Vegas Pro Editing Tips
- 1. Alternatives
- 2. Basic editing tips+
- 2.1 How to use Vegas Pro
- 2.2 Merge clips in Vegas Pro
- 2.3 Crop clips in Vegas Pro
- 2.4 Rotate clips in Vegas Pro
- 2.5 Speed up/Slow down videos in Vegas Pro
- 2.6 Record voiceover in Vegas Pro
- 3. Advanced editing tips
- 4. Resources and Troubleshooting
Sony (Magix) Vegas Pro Tutorial
The powerful video editing features of Vegas Pro are highly useful for professionals as well as beginners. There are so many interesting editing options available on software platform with added plug-ins that can be explored for professional usage. If you are working as a beginner on Sony (Magix) Vegas Pro and need some tips about how to edit videos over this software platform then the information below will be highly useful for you.
You May Also Like: How to Edit YouTube Videos in Sony Vegas Pro >>
Those who are new to Vegas Pro platform may find some difficulties in its usage. Experts suggest to start with Wondershare Filmora to get basic knowledge of video editing as it contains as easy to use features that are helpful for beginners as well as professionals. The free trial version for Windows as well as Mac is available on official website of wondershare Filmora.
How to Use Vegas Pro?
Below are few basic instructions for different editing options:
1. Importing Clips:
- First of all go to file option from top left corner of screen.
- Hit the import option from drop down menu.
- A side menu will immediately appear where you need to select Media option. It will soon open the file browser.
- Now choose your desired file that you wish to edit.
- Once you hit Ok button on browser window then within few seconds your files will appear on screen over media tab.
- Now they can be dragged easily to timeline for further editing needs.
The timeline of software window contains all audio and video tracks that you may further need for editing. In this selection, the audio clips possess music and other sound effects whereas the video track portion will contain text, videos and photos. Users can also use add video track option for adding more timeline space as per need.
Related article: How to merge clips in Vegas Pro
Now the content available on your timeline van be edited and users can make it attractive by using different special effects.
- For adding an effect, hit the effects option from tab available on left side of screen.
- Select any desired effect from effects menu.
- Click and then drag your effect to any video clip available on timeline. It will also ask you for modification of effect ratio.
- Once you have tuned your effect to any desired situation then close the modifier and effect will come into action.
This versatile tool can be used for cutting down different objects from any clip even without using green screen. In order to mask a video:
- First of all right click on desired video file that you wish to mask.
- Now select video “Event Pan/crop” option.
- Select the box marked as “Mask”.
- A toolbar for masking will appear on screen.
- Now hit the anchor creation tool and use it for selection of points that you need to mask from video.
- Once connectivity of anchors is formed then program will itself detect the object and now you can manipulate it as per need.
- Move that selected object to any desired location and once it fits perfectly then hit Apply.
Related article: How to blur faces in Vegas Pro:
Once you have finished the editing then it is much easier to export file so that it can be uploaded on any website over internet.
- First of all select file from top left corner of screen.
- Now select Export option and a menu containing various options will appear.
- Select the desired video file format for your video to be uploaded.
- Now your video is ready for desktop view as well as for uploading.
6. Color Match:
As films are created using different types of cameras so during merging process sometimes the colors do not appear synchronized. In this case you may need to make efforts for color matching. Here you can use effective color match filters of Vegas Pro and get instant results.
Related article: Color correction in Vegas Pro
7. Unlink Audio and Video:
While using video splitting option you may see that audios also splits but it is not always required. Sometimes same audio information is desired to move over different sets of videos. It can be achieved with the help of unlink feature that allows users to manipulate every element individually as per need. To unlink the audio and visual, the user clicks on the video in the timeline area, and then presses the "U" key.
Related article: How to edit audio with Vegas Pro
With Vegas Pro advanced tools you can easily organise all media files and search them easily from system folders. A custom media tag can be added to all edited files and keyboard shortcuts can also be used for fast calling. Smart bin option makes it much easier to organise different video files.
Check this video to learn more details:
Product-related questions? Speak directly to our Support Team >>