Vegas Pro is a well known video editing package that allows users to perform non linear editing. This software tool is developed by Sony and acquired by Magix, and the recent update was launched on 24th May 2016. With this advanced software tool, you can give reality to any video imagination with ease as the easy to use interface with advanced tools provides unlimited capabilities. The new Vegas Pro Users might be searching for some useful tricks to make interesting videos on this software platform, if so then information provided below in this article will be highly beneficial for you all.
Tips for speeding up rendering time of Sony (Magix) Vegas Pro
The most common need of all Vegas Pro users is to speed up the rendering time of various video projects. Many professionals are searching for the tricks to make their preview window on Sony Vegas less laggy so that every editing task can be performed with ease. Below are few useful tips to achieve best speeds over Sony Vegas Pro video editing program:
1. Lower Down Bit Rate
- It is possible to lower down your bit rate in Vegas Pro; for this you simply need to select any of your favourite templates and then click on customization option. It will open up a pop up window where all template customization settings can be done. Just go to Bit rate tab and lower down its value so that ultimately rendered video file can have less file size as well as it takes less time for complete rendering. The best possible value of bit rate is 3m to 8m.
2. Delete Unwanted Effects/ Tracks
- In case if you are going through some video effects that appear of no use for your project type or that hardly make any difference on your project then you can easily get rid of them. Note that more number of effects on a video means you need to spare more time for rendering hence it is good to stay away from unwanted video tracks as well as effects. It is also possible to merge different tracks in order to create a single project that can be managed easily and quickly.
3. Close Applications
- If you wish to run your Vegas Pro very smoothly on your device then prefer to use it without any interference of other undesired programs. When you are working on any project using Vegas pro then try to close your Skype, iTunes, Internet browser and all other applications that are of no use for current work. It will help your system to increase focus on Vegas Pro project and hence fast results can be used. You can check status of all running objects from task manager by pressing Control+Shift+Esc command.
4. Leave Computer Alone
- Once you have created your video file and you need to begin with the rendering process then it is good to leave your computer and manage other tasks around. Follow step 3 first that is close all unwanted programs and then initiate rendering process, one started then go for a walk or enjoy with people around you. It will help you to enhance processing speed as your escape out will ensure that you will not be using any other program besides rendering process.
5. Set Priority Option to High
- It is one of the most important things that you need to do in order to achieve fast rendering. While leaving your computer for rendering task, go to task manager and right click on Vegas pro. Now from drop down menu select Set priority option and switch it to high. This setting will let your computer know that Sony Vegas tasks must be taken as first priority and must be executed fast.
6. Enable GPU Acceleration
- The overall performance of Vegas Pro can be easily enhanced by using GPU acceleration feature. For this you need to go to Options and then select preferences; visit the video tab and for video processing type GPU acceleration make selection for graphic card. Some PCs do not have such settings and they will display Off for GPU acceleration selection settings.
7. Reduce Video Quality in Preview
- In order to avoid lags in video previews, you can simply reduce the quality of video clip. Just go to preview and select Half; it will directly reduce video quality by 1/2th level and will reduce efforts of Vegas pro while helping your program to run smoothly.
8. Choose Proper Video Codec Type
- The type of video codec you are using for Vegas pro processing will also affect its overall performance. Always prefer to use Sony AVC.mp4 for better results. Other useful option for video codec is Main Concept.mp4; its ability to render projects rapidly is well known by all professionals.
9. Set Power Settings
- Make some efforts to do power settings on your device if you are working on Windows Vista or Window 7. It can be done from control panel and this trick can help your program to achieve 100% rendering speed. Laptops usually come with pre-configured type power settings that help to manage CPU load very precisely.
10. Select Proper Transitions
- Manage your rendering time properly by selection proper transitions, layers and effects so that videos can run smoothly on your software program. Other than this then quality of video file must be selected carefully as rendering time completely depends upon it. Never create a bourdon on your video file.
If you want to learn more editing tips about Sony Vegas, you should not miss Sony Vegas Editing Tips
The sad thing to know about Vegas Pro is its price, you have to pay $599.00 for its complete access and one can use this software tool only on Window environment. In case if you are searching for a classic video editor tool that is full of all advanced features and is available at lower price range then Wondershare Filmora is one of the best option for you all. You will be glad to know that this easy to use software tool is available for free in its trial version; you can download it fast from official website of Wondershare Filmora. All professionals as well as beginners can take benefit from advanced editing tools of Wondershare Filmora; they can be accessed easily on Mac as well as Windows.