We live in a digital technology world where various applications do everything, and it has made our lives simpler and hassle-free to a certain extent. One of the path-breaking digital technologies is sharing your ideas and thoughts in a video format. You can now create your videos in any format and export them to your friends, colleagues, and family members. Moreover, you can also export your videos to any secondary device so that your hard drive does not get congested with heavy files.
So, if you want to know how to export iMovie, we will give you a step-by-step guideline to satisfy your requirements. One of the most significant aspects of iMovie is that you can edit your videos at your convenience. You can create professional videos, enhance your creativity, and showcase your talent to the world. You can add videos and photos and edit them according to your story.
In this article
Part 1. How to Export iMovie Video from iPhone?
Once you design the shape of your story, it is time you make the world know about your creativity. Since iMovie has loads of exciting tools and features, you can create videos with a professional touch. With the help of your iPhone, you can easily export iMovie videos in various ways. Following are the ways how to export iMovie:
1. Send video via email or text message
You can easily send video via email or text message from your iPhone. Following are the steps:
- Tap on the movie that you want to send.
- It would be best if you tap on the share option, which will redirect you to your email page.
- Complete the steps of the email by filling in the required details.
- Once your file is attached, tap on the send button.
2. Export video to another device
With the help of the iPhone, you can easily export iMovie videos to other devices. It saves the hard disk space of your iPhone and, simultaneously, gives you the advantage of restoring your videos if your video gets deleted from your iPhone. Following are the steps to export your iMovie videos from iPhone to other devices. One of the best options is to export your videos to other devices using the AirDrop option.
- Tap the video you want to export from the Project browser of your iPhone.
- Tap the share button after selecting the video that you want to export.
- Choose the resolution of the video that you want to share.
- Tap on the frame rate
- Turn on the HDR output for the particular video.
- Tap on Done
- Select the AirDrop option and tap on the device you want to transfer.
- You must ensure that the AirDrop option is turned on for both devices.
3. Export video to the web
Since iMovie is versatile video editing software, you can quickly transfer them anywhere, including any social networking site. It is an excellent way of showcasing your masterpiece to the world. However, if you plan to upload your video to any social networking site, you must ensure that you have an account with it. The following steps will help you export your iMovie videos to the web.
- Select any of your favorite social networking sites.
- Click on create and select Upload Video.
- Select the video that you want to upload.
- Click on Next to upload your iMovie video.
Part 2. How to Export iMovie Video from Mac?
1. Send video via email
Mac offers you the comfort to send your videos to your friends, colleagues, and loved ones via email. You can create professional videos and send them instantly. However, you must make sure that the videos do not have a high resolution, otherwise it will take some time to transfer the files.
Following are the steps for exporting the iMovie video via email.
- Download the Google Drive app to your iPhone
- Choose the video that you want to transfer to Google drive.
- Tap on the arrow following the name of the video.
- Slide the bar from offline to online
- Tap on the Export icon.
- Tap on Share
- You need to type the email address of the recipient you want to share your iMovie video.
- Tap on the Add option.
- The recipient will get your video instantly.
2. Add the movie to your Photos library
You can add your creative iMovie videos to the Photos library on your Mac, giving you the freedom to store your videos for later use. Following are the steps to add iMovie videos to your Photos library.
- From the Project Browser, select the iMovie video that you want to add to your Photos Library.
- Click on the 'More' option and choose the Share Project.
- Click on File.
- Choose a Resolution from the Resolution pop-up menu to define the size of your video. If you select a resolution video, the file size will be less and load onto your photos library fast. However, you need to choose a higher resolution video for excellent viewing.
- Choose a location to save your iMovie video.
- Drag the file that you want to transfer to the photos library.
3. Share video to web
iMovie allows you to share your videos on the web using any social networking platform. Following are the steps to share your videos on the web.
- Click on the iMovie video that you want to export.
- Click on the share button.
- Open your choice of any social networking site.
- Choose a location to save your file by clicking on 'save'
- Upload the file that you want to share on the social networking site.
Part 3. iMovie Alternative to Edit Videos on Mac
If you find that iMovie export video is not your cup of tea, one of the best alternatives to edit your videos is to use Filmora. The advantage of using Filmora is that you can easily edit your videos. Moreover, you do not have to have previous experience in video editing as the application is easy to use. You can easily download Windows Filmora from the net and use it like a professional. It has some of the most exciting tools that will help you to make videos according to your convenience.
With the help of Filmora, you can easily create and transfer your videos in any format. You can even edit any particular area of the videos and add subtitles and music to give it a professional look. One of the most exciting features of Filmora is that the application has one of the best special effects that will enhance the pro touch of your video. You can even make tutorials and other educational videos for your students. It is because you can add your audio and use it best for educational purposes. It is the best application for professionals as well as beginners.
Moreover, you can export the videos in any of the formats of your choice for better viewing, as it works on any given platform. Filmora is great at creating and editing Youtube videos, professional videos, and other videos on social networks. It is one of the best applications for editing your videos.
Apple's iMovie is one of the most exciting video editing applications that will enhance your creativity. It offers a wide range of tools to create and edit videos according to your choice. Therefore, with the help of iMovie export, you can explore your creativity and showcase the world of your talent. Moreover, it allows you to export files in any video format so you can play them on any device.
Therefore, it is time to empower your imagination and give it a professional look with Apple's iMovie application. Overall, iMovie is excellent software that is apt for any business or educational institution to enhance its growth. It is the best way to share your ideas and thoughts visually.