- • YouTube Marketing Guide
- Creating a Channel+
- 1. Find your YouTube niche
- 2. Pick a Channel Name
- 3. YouTube Channel Art
- 4. Optmize Channel Description
- 5. Channel Trailer
- Making Videos+
- 1. Video ideas
- 2. Structure YouTube Videos
- 3. Video Shooting Equipments
- 4. YouTube Shooting Tips
- 5. Best Video Editors for YouTube
- 6.Best Screen Recorders for YouTube
- 7. How to edit YouTube Videos
- 8. End Screen and Card
- 9. Intro and Outro
- 10. Video Effects
- 11. Background music
- YouTube SEO+
- 1. YouTube SEO Complete Guide
- 2. Optimize Video Meta Data
- 3. Increase Audience Retention
- 4. YouTube SEO tools
- 1. How to make money with YouTube
- 2. YouTube Money Calculator
- 3. Make money by Ads
- 4. Make money by Affiliate
- 5. Make money by getting sponsored
- 6. What's MCN?
- 7. Influencer marketing platforms
- Interesting Stats+
How to Use AdSense for YouTube
Now, since your YouTube channel has a large of subscribers and views, you start thinking to make money by using YouTube AdSense. However, do you really know YouTube AdSense very well? Or even, do you even know what it is exactly. In order to let you better understand it and make money, we have rounded up all information here to explain the basic knowledge of AdSense to you. Keeping reading to learn more!
- Part1: What is Adsense
- Part2: How to Link YouTube Account to Adsense
- Part3: How to Use AdSense for YouTube
Part 1: What is Adsense?
You might have noticed several ads displayed on the videos on various social platforms. AdSense is a part of Google that is responsible for placing such ads in the videos. You can sign in from YouTube account directly.
When you wish to place an ad, you may publish it on various media through Adsense. As an advertiser, you may publish anything in videos, images or texts on the websites and pay per impression or per click or per conversion.
Having a YouTube Adsense account or your website connected to Adsense account can help you earn money when Google places ads to your channel.
Do not worry, creating a Google Adsense account is free and when you create one, your YouTube channel or your website gets free eligibility for Google Ads. You just need to copy a code and paste it to start. The AdSense returns calculation is on pay per click or on a per-impression basis. However, if you want to receive the payment, you need to set up AdSense account first.
Part 2: How to Link YouTube Account to Adsense
Step 1: Link YouTube Account To Adsense
- Click on Setup YouTube AdSense or from monetization option, click on Setup Adsense option for your channel. Press Next. You are directed to Adsense sign up page.
- Select your email account, you wish to sign up with. You may also sign up with existing id or create a new one
- In case, you are using your existing email, sign in to YouTube Adsense with the same id. Once signed up, fill personal details form with information like address, name, etc.
- While filling your payee name be very careful and fill exactly as in your bank account name.
- Submit the form. Your application goes under review and might be under process for 2-3 hours to a few days depending on your Google Adsense and channel quality.
Step 2: Enable Monetization
- Click on My Channel from the menu option. Next, click on monetization to monetize your videos
- From monetization, click on monetize videos option for selecting the type of ads to monetize the video content or your channel.
- You may also monetize videos individually selecting the one you like from Video Manager segment if you do not wish to monetize all videos at once.
- Click monetize from the Action drop-down menu. Select ad type as per your wish. Press the monetize button.
- If you need to change monetization setting for a specific video, edit from the video manager or click on the dollar icon.
- To edit, click monetization option and select monetize with ads. Select the format of ads to monetize the particular video. Save the changes made.
Part 3: How to Use AdSense for YouTube
1. Finding Your Money in AdSense
Intuitively, many YouTube creators think that the first thing they see when they open up AdSense should be their daily earnings. This is not the case. Besides how much money you have made, AdSense keeps track of a lot of things the average YouTuber will not find useful. Getting to a report on your daily earnings actually takes a bit of navigation.
First, click on Performance Report near the top of your screen in AdSense. In the next page there will be a dropdown menu that says Days. Click on that menu and change it to Products.
In Products, scroll down until you get to a chart where there are two options: Hosted AdSense for Content and AdSense for Content. AdSense for Content relates to a personal website. For information about your YouTube channel click on Hosted AdSense for Content.
The next page is a report of how much money you have made from monetizing your YouTube channel. Your earnings will be organized by date. The money you see in this report has already had YouTube’s 45% commission deducted.
2. How are my earnings determined?
How much money you make through AdSense depends on your CPMs and EPMs. CPM is an acronym for “cost per mille” and indicates how much money and advertiser is paying for 1000 impressions of an ad. RPM is your revenue per 1000 impressions.
A lot of YouTubers new to AdSense assume that “per thousand impressions” means “per thousand views”, and that is incorrect. Besides the fact that not all views are monetized, impressions are not views. They are ad clicks. For long, skippable, video ads an “impression” is when a viewer watches the ad to the end instead of skipping it.
CPMs vary depending on the type of ad, where it is being run, and current advertising trends. Advertisers pay more for certain kinds of ads or for ad space in more popular videos. Beware of MCN scams claiming they can guarantee you a certain CPM; they cannot. Which ads are displayed in your videos is determined automatically by YouTube’s system and depends on factors like how you categorized your videos and how many views they have.
3. How do I get paid?
There are five different ways to get paid through AdSense: Check, Western Union Quick Cash, Wire Transfer, Rapida, or an Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT). Generally, AdSense will begin the process of paying you your monthly earnings on the 21st of the following month. How long it takes to get your money after that depends on your payment method.
Using Western Union Quick Cash you can pick your cash up at your Western Union branch the same day.
EFTs get your money to you within seven business days after the 21st.
Checks can take two to four weeks to arrive in the mail.
Wire Transfers and Rapida can each take up to 15 days.
In order to be paid you will have to earn enough to reach the payment threshold, which is $100. So, if you only earn $5 in a month, you should not expect to receive a payment for that month. You will receive your first payment after you earn $100.
Making money with YouTube Adsense is one of the best media that is reliable, easy to use, and better than any other ways of creating money. With Adsense, you can create various size and kinds of ad units to add it to your website. Those ad spaces are filled by Google with the content and traffic relevant to your site.
Product-related questions? Speak directly to our Support Team >>