Best Video Editing Software to Remove Audio from Video in 2023 [Windows]
Why would we want to remove audio from video?
There are many reasons why someone would prefer to remove the audio from a video file. Some of the videos captured will have a lot of noise in the background and that can be an annoying experience while watching the video. Some prefer to add different audio or a music file to their videos to make it more appealing and attractive to people. So whether it is to watch a silent video or a video with a different audio file, the original audio will have to be removed.
In no particular order, here we are going to discuss 4 different applications that can be used to remove audio from video without compromising the quality of your video.
(All features of the samples are subjected to the time.)
Best Video Editing Software to Remove Audio from Video
Apart from removing sound from video, the applications below also offer features that can be used to further edit the audio file. Here are some of the best and preferred applications for audio removal and replacement.
- Part 1: Wondershare Filmora
- Part 2: VSDC Video Editor
- Part 3: AudioRemover Tool
- Part 4: Windows Movie Maker
Part 1: Wondershare Filmora
Wondershare Filmora is a widely used video editing application around the world. No matter simple video editing, complicated video editing or even movie-making, Filmora has all the features which will give the best results. It also has special editing options aimed at social media uploads. Let us see how audio can be removed from a video file using Filmora:
- Download Filmora application below and install it on your computer
- Open Filmora, then go to File-Import Media and import the video clip from which audio needs to be removed to the Media Library
- After importing drag the clip from the Media Library and drop it to the Timeline
- Right-click on the video file on the timeline and select the Detach Audio option
- Now the audio will be displayed as a separate file on the audio track below
- Now tap on the audio file and select the Delete icon to totally remove the audio.
Part 2: VSDC Video Editor
VSDC is a widely used video editing application that can process videos of high resolution like VR 360-degree, 4K UHD, 3D videos. It also has features to record voice, video from the screen and save the file in any format of our choice. Let us see how audio can be removed from video by using VSDC:
- Open VSDC and import the file you wish to edit
- Right-click on the file using the mouse and select the Properties option from the menu. A small window will slide from the right side of the screen
- At the very bottom end of the window, you will find a Split to Audio and Video tab, click it
- Now the audio file will be separated from the video file on the timeline
- Click on the audio file and hit Delete. The video can now be played without any sound
Part 3: AudioRemover Tool
AudioRemover Tool is a service that can be used to remove audio from a from any video without re-encoding it. It is an online service and can be used on Windows and Mac as well through a browser. People who do not want to go through downloading and installing a video editing application or who just want audio removed from video files without further editing can go with the AudioRemover tool. It supports almost all video formats like MP4, MOV, AVI, etc.
Let us see how audio can be removed using this tool:
- Click HERE and open AudioRemover online
- Tap the Browse option to select the source video and then click on the Upload Video button
- Once the uploading is complete you will be able to download the video file (without audio) back by clicking the Download File option beside the Completed notification
Part 4: Windows Movie Maker
Windows Movie Maker is one of the simple editing applications which has a large number of users as it used to come as a part of the Windows Essentials software suite. Let us see how the audio removal can be done by Movie Maker.
- Open the Windows Movie Maker and import the video you wish to edit
- Add the video to the timeline. Right click it and select Remove Audio (You can also select Detach Audio, and then the audio will be detached to the audio track)
- The audio will be removed directly. It will show No Audio there.
To sum up
The audio that comes with a video has a huge impact on the viewing experience of the people. No matter how good or perfect a video file is, if the audio played while viewing it is not good, then it can be a very annoying experience. So, here we have discussed five best applications that can be used to remove audio from a video file in a few minutes, and also replace it with another audio. Please let us know what you think about our suggestion by leaving comments below, your feedback means a lot.
In this article we are going to take you through some of the best online solutions that let you remove audio from a video effortlessly.
by Benjamin Arango May 16, 2023 18:51 PM
We will show you how you can remove audio files from a video in Magix Edit Pro in only a several simple steps that take a minimum amount of effort and time.
by Benjamin Arango May 16, 2023 18:51 PM