As the world increasingly moves online, photos nowadays are not relegated to physical albums or drawers but instead are kept safe on our computers, phones, and cloud storage. This has led to a demand for software to help us organize and back up our ever-growing photo collections.
Technology has brought many new options for storing digital images and backing them up. MAGIX Photo Manager is one such tool that promises to solve all your photo management needs.
In this article, we'll provide a comprehensive MAGIX Photo Manager review to see if it is worth your time and money. In addition, we will discuss its pricing plans, features, G2 score, and pros and cons.
In this article
Part 1. What Is MAGIX Photo Manager?
Let's start with the brief introduction of MAGIX Photo Manager and have a better overview of it firstly.
MAGIX Photo Manager is a clearly-structured software program for organizing and editing your digital photos. The first version of the software, known as MAGIX Photos Manager, was released in 2002.
While the latest version, now known as "MAGIX Photo Manager Deluxe 17," was released on January 27th, 2019, with a range of new features and improvements.
The basic functions of Magic Photo Manager include sorting your picture into different albums, creating slideshows, and editing your image files using the editing features like contrast, brightness, red eye correction, and more.
Part 2. MAGIX Photo Manager - A Complete Review
The MAGIX Photo Manager is a top-of-the-line photo management program offering many features and options. The software program also has a built-in photo editor with a variety of essential editing tools.
Below we'll provide a quick review of MAGIX Photo Manager to help you make an informed buying decision.
MAGIX Photo Manager Delux 17 offers a 30-day free trial and costs $49.99 as a one-time fee. The software releases regular upgrades, which you may have to buy separately from time to time.
- Arrange Your Albums: Due to the user-friendly interface, you can use Photo Manager Delux to organize and optimize your photo in different albums according to your own requirements in just a few clicks.
- Add Videos And Audios To Your Gallery: You can also import and export videos/audios into the software in different formats such as MOV, AVI, WMV(HD), MPEG, MXV, MP3, WVA, and OGG.
- Facial Recognition: The Face Recognition tool makes it easy to find all photos of a specific person in your photo collection.
- Utility Functions For Editing Photo And Correct Issues: Among many utility functions for editing photos, the software provides perspective correction and red-eye correction tools to improve your photos affected by common issues.
- Cloud Service: MAGIX Photo Manager Delux 17 also offers cloud service to back up your data online in one place.
- Detailed Search And Sort Option: The detailed search and sort option allow you to find specific photos by date, location, or name and sort them into different folders to keep them organized.
- In Architectural Shots, Correct The Curved Lines: The software automatically corrects the curved lines and inverted verticals in the Architectural shots.
- Add Sound To Your Images: With MAGIX Photo Editor Deluxe, you can also add sound to your images using captions, commentary, or description.
- Travel Route Animation: You can draw a travel route through the software in the form of animations on your photos to highlight important points or locations.
- Combine More Than One Image Into A Slide Show And Create A Type Of Videos: This photo editing software can help you create impressive slideshows of your beautiful memories using different sound effects, transitions, and tracking shots.
Minimum System Requirements Of MAGIX Photo Manager Delux 17
If you want to install and use MAGIX Photo Manager Delux 17, your system must meet the following minimum requirements:
- OS: Windows 10
- RAM: 512 MB
- Processor: 1.83 GHz
- Graphics card: Onboard with minimum 1024 x 600px resolution
- Hard drive memory: 600 MB of free disk space for program installation
Pros and Cons
Although Magix Photo Manager Delux is an excellent option for newbies and professional photographers, the software has a few drawbacks.
Let's take a quick look at MAGIX Photo Manager Delux's 17 pros and cons.
MAGIX Photo Manager Delux 17 has an excellent G2 - a famous software review website, rating, making it one of the highest-rated photo management software programs. Below is an overview of its ratings on the platform:
- Ease of Use: 9.4 stars
- Quality of Support: 8.3 stars
- Overall: 3.7 stars
Part 3. Alternative Photo Editing Software Programs
While MAGIX Photo Manager is a great program, it only supports Windows operating systems, and Mac users can feel left out. So, you might be thinking of using alternative software programs that may be better suited for your needs.
Read the 17 Best Photo Editors for Beginners [Windows/Mac/Online] to learn about MAGIX Photo Manager alternatives.
Though more expensive than other programs, MAGIX Photo Manager Pro is a fantastic photo management solution packed with features that can make re-organizing your photos easier and faster, ultimately saving you time.
In this in-depth MAGIX Photo Manager review, we discussed what the software is about and reviewed its pricing plans, key features, G2 score, and pros and cons to help you get the best idea.
However, this software is intended for Windows 10 users, so we also referred you to a few alternatives. Hopefully, you find this guide informative and can now make an informed decision about purchasing the Magix Photo Manager for your photo editing needs.