- •Movie editing tips
- 1.1 How to Easily Make a Movie
- 1.2 How to Add Subtitles to a Movie
- 1.3 How to Add Cool Effects to Video
- 1.4 Easily Create a Continuous Movie With Your Small Clips
- 1.5 How to Increase Brightness of Video
- 1.6 Easy Steps to Create a Meme
- 1.7 Get Video to DVD on Windows / Mac (Maveric
- 1.8 How to stream AC3 to TV with Chromecast?
- 1.9 How to Create Home DVDs with Best Movie Making Software
- 1.10 Turn Everyday Video Clips into a High Quality Mov
Cool Video Editor: How to Add Cool Effects to Video
How to make a cool video? Besides creativities, you may also need a video editing software which allows you to add some cool video effects. Actually it's much simpler than you might expect if you use cool video editor like Wondershare Filmora , which enables you to easily trim videos, add voice narration or a music sound track from your personal collection and add cool effects and give your plain old home videos the extra touch that makes them more special. In this article, we will introduce some cool video effects that you can use in Filmora as well as the step-by-step guide about how to add cool effects to videos for making a cool edit.
Part 1: Introducing 5 cool effects that you may be interested in:
1. Split-Screen Effect: A split screen effect allows you to display two or more video clips side by side or into different screens. There are about 20 split screen presets in Filmora to empower your story.
2. Green Screen Effect: Green screen or chroma keying feature is used to key out colors from a subject of a photo or video and composite two images or videos together based on color chroma range.
3. Transition Effect: Transition video effect is used to be more visual and obvious when playing back one scene to another. Namely, it is what the scene showing between two clips. Filmora provides more than 200 transition effects, including the basic fade, bar, ripple & dissolve, 3D and slideshow transitions, you can also find the transition effects for special events such as birthday and wedding.
4. Overlays: A video overlay refers to an image or an animated video that appears over the background video. Filmora provides more than 110 overlays including frame overlay, bokeh blurs overlay, lens flares, old film, damaged film, TV static, and view finder overlays.
5. Filters: Filmora has a great collection of video filter effects and there are about 150 filters in it, including camera shake, distortion, Lomography, background blur, faux film and Instagram-like filters.
Besides these common cool video effects, Filmora Effects Store offers more possibilities. There are packs, sets and bundles covering gaming, media, beauty and fashion, action cam, education, lifestyle, VFX and special event. Check the blockbuster video effects video below to check how it works.
Part 2: How to Add Cool Effects to Videos in Filmora [Tutorial]
With Filmora, you can also add some cool effects conveniently to improve your video with ease. After several clicks, your video will turn out to be a stunning masterpiece which is really fantastic to share with your family and friends on YouTube or Facebook. Now follow this step-by-step guide on how to add effects to video using this cool video editor.
1 Import your videos
Install and launch Wondershare Filmora. Click the “Import” button to load your media files through its navigation import panel or directly drag and drop your files to the media library.
2 Add cool effects to your video
Now it's time to add cool effects to your video. Just drop the video and audio files from the User's Album to the corresponding timelines. Then click the “Effect” button in the toolbar to switch to the “Effect” tab. Here about 60 cool effects are provides for you to choose. You can right click your favorite effect and select apply. You will see the “Effect” Timeline appear below the video track, showing an "E" mark. If you want to increase the effect duration, just mouse over the "E" mark, and when the "double arrow" cursor appears, drag it to any length you want.
To add transitions between two clips, or add an overlay or filter video effect to video, just go to the corresponding tab and drag and drop the target video effects to videos.
Detailed information about how to add a split-screen effect video, check our guide about how to make a split screen video here.
For steps of compositing a green screen video, check this video tutorial below:
Besides that, you can add more cool effects provided by Video Editor. Just highlight the target file, right click and choose “Power Tool”. In the pop up window, you can select and apply more cool effects like Tilt-Shift, Mosaic, Face Off or Jump Cut at Beat. These effects will help you turn your video clip into a work of art.
3 Export your videos
You can preview and watch your video by clicking the “Play” button before you export it. Go back and make some necessary adjustments. Then you can save and export the video to your computer in the “Format” tab. If you want to play video on mobile devices, go to the “Devices” tab and choose a device from the list. Of course, you can also directly burn it to DVD or post on YouTube or Vimeo.
Filmora features more than 300 video effects, elements and motion effects and 100+ text and title styles to choose. Besides adding cool video effects to video clips, you can also reverse, speed up or slow down the video to make a cool effect. You can also choose music sound from the built in music library and do some audio editing with the Audio Mixer or Audio Equalizer tool. It is one of the best and easiest video editing software which comes with cool effects. Download this cool video editor with various effects and try it yourself!
Product-related questions? Speak directly to our Support Team >>