A slow-motion effect in the videos can enhance the viewing experience. It can highlight a certain action by providing closer details. Moreover, it also evokes an emotional impact in any video scene. Along with creating a dramatic effect, a slow-mo effect also brings aesthetic appeal. Thus, the slow-motion effect can grasp the attention of the audience in an effortless manner.
This article will discuss how to create a slow-motion effect with Adobe After Effects. It’s a well-recognized tool for modifying videos with its powerful features. Hence, keep reading this guide to learn about After Effects slow motion.
In this article
To create a perfect slow-motion video, you must consider several factors. In this section, you can come across some elements through which you can generate an accurate slow-motion effect.
- Resolution: Make sure to record your video in high resolution. By doing so, the slow-motion effect will add more visual clarity. Thus, the minimum resolution should be 1080p or 4K.
- Accurate Lighting: Perfect lighting can make a video look impactful. You can either use natural or artificial lighting to make a well-exposed slow-mo effect.
- Choosing Subject: To grasp the attention, choose the subject carefully. A slow-motion effect in sports activities or water droplets can look eye-catching. Thus, you should choose a subject that looks appealing in a slow-mo effect.
- Sound Selection: A slow-mo effect will look more convincing with a relevant sound design. You should search for slow-mo sound effects to generate attractive results. Also, ensure that the speed of sound effects with the video is managed smartly.
- Frame Rate: A frame rate plays a vital role in creating slow-motion effect. Higher frame rates influence a smooth, slow-motion effect. Thus, use 240fps or higher to create a seamless slow-mo effect.
Adobe After Effects is a famous program used in post-production of video making. It contains many motion graphics effects to enhance a video. You can add animated shapes and text to the video with this tool. Many people use this platform to create VFX in their videos to create stunning videos. It also supports 2D and 3D elements to produce realistic effects.
Furthermore, it offers many tools for compositing and keying. Users can change the color patterns in their videos with this robust software. Moreover, it can create After Effects slow motion with perfect accuracy. You can manually adjust the timing and speed of the slow-motion effect with this tool. Thus, Adobe After Effects is a comprehensive tool for video editing.
Here are the instructions that can guide you to produce slow-motion effects After Effects. Thus, let’s dig into the details:
Start by uploading a video on After Effects. Drag it to the timeline and edit it in a desired manner. Now, place the cursor in the timeline to begin the process. Right-click on the timeline layer and select "Time" from the pop-up menu. From there, select "Time Stretch." It will open a Time Stretch window on the screen.
On the Time Stretch window, make the “Stretch Factor” value to 250. Once done, press the “OK” button.
For high-quality results, enable the “Frame Blending” option. Right-click on the layer and select “Frame Blending” from the pop-up menu. Here, you can select two options: Frame Mix and Pixel Motion. After the frame blending, you can render the final output. Select a suitable format and then export the video.
An excellent alternative to After Effects is Wondershare Filmora. With the release of its Volume 13, you can enjoy many premium features. To boost your productivity, the tool offers many AI features. You can use its AI copywriting feature to produce video outlines. By doing so, you can have AI-generated content for video production. Furthermore, it provides a smooth performance with its robust interface.
It contains a wide range of filters and overlays. It also allows you to apply transitions in the video clip from various options. To replace backgrounds in the video, try its Green Screen feature. This advanced feature can add realistic backgrounds to the videos easily. Moreover, you can color-correct the video to add perfect exposure properties. You can modify brightness, saturation, and other elements in the color-correct options.
How to Add Slow-Motion Effect With Filmora
Are you ready to create a slow-mo effect in Filmora? Read the following section to learn how to create a slow-motion effect using this tool.
Step 1: Select New Project
Begin by launching this desktop tool on your PC. Choose the “Profile” icon from the top and sign into the tool. Continue to select the “New Project” button on the main screen to open a new editing window.
Step 2: Import Video to Filmora
On the main interface, press “Ctrl + I” from your keyboard. By doing so, you can import the video clip from your PC. Once done, drag and drop the imported video to the timeline.
Step 3: Choose Optical Flow
Now, select the video you have dragged to the timeline. Go to the right panel and choose the “Speed” tab. Look through the “Uniform Speed” tab and look for the “AI Frame Interpolation” option. By expanding this option, choose “Optical Flow.”
Step 4: Render and Export the Video
Now, head to the toolbar of the timeline. From there, tap on “Render Preview,” through which you can see the final results. Once done, you can export the video to the desired platform.
With the new upgrade, you can add an accurate slow-mo effect from Filmora. It uses AI technology to achieve the best results. Hence, this editing tool is a game-changer in the video production industry.
Exceptional Features of Filmora
- AI Music Generator: This tool allows you to create custom music sounds. To do so, select your music style and genre from the given options. Afterward, you can edit the music by adjusting its volume and other parameters.
- Screen Recorder: Do you want to capture the on-screen activities of your PC? The screen recorder of this software can capture any area of the screen. It also allows webcam and microphone recording. Afterward, you can edit the screen recording with its basic tools.
- Silence Detection: To add more clarity to your videos, try the Silence Detection feature. This option removes the silent parts from your video. The process is automatic and does not need your manual efforts. Thus, with a single tap, you can eradicate unwanted parts from the video.
- Speech-to-Text: The STT feature transcribes the video in the selected language. You can add subtitles to the videos in up to 26 languages. This feature increases your editing efficiency and offers great accuracy.
A slow-motion effect can highlight an action in a video clip. It can engage the viewers by generating a cinematic impact. The After Effects is a common program to add a slow-mo effect in videos. However, to create a more captivating slow-motion effect, we suggest Filmora. Its latest version has introduced many premium features for video editing. With AI algorithms, you can add a smooth, slow-motion effect to your videos. The process is automatic, which saves you from manual work.