How to Remove Logos from Videos
Working on anything in a video that is in postproduction can be incredibly difficult, especially if you don't have the right amount of know-how. This especially applies to individuals that are interested in learning how to remove logos from videos as some of the logos will be embedded in the video files. With the help of this guide you will easily be able to learn how to get a logo off of a video that you might be interested in, even if you aren't quite savvy with computers.
Part 1: Using Internet Software
The best way to be able to remove a logo from a video is to take advantage of a software program that you can download entirely online. Some of these programs may be free and others may be inexpensive. You will need to read through the list of features that each program has to offer to make sure that you are getting the right program for your needs.
Part 2: Best Logo Removing Software
We've compiled a list of the top 3 logo removing software programs that you can download online. They are all offered for free at this time, though this is subject to change and they may charge you a small fee to download the program in the future. The software that we suggest has all of the tools that you'll need and they are all user-friendly.
1. Wondershare Filmora
Are you looking for easy-to-use and powerful video editing software to remove logo? Here we recommended Wondershare Filmora for you:
As we can see from the first video, using Filmora, you can remove the watermarks by cropping the video or blurring the logo, or replace the logo with your own.
Related: How to Remove Watermarks from Video
AviDemux is one of the most popular free video editors on the internet as it combines video editing with video conversion in one unique program. It is also available to download for all platforms, a compatibility that isn't always available with video editing software.
- Step 1: Visit Video > Filters (or you can click CTRL+ALT+F)
- Step 2: You will now want to select Sharpness from the menu and double click on the MPlayer DeLogo filter. This will open your configuration window where further settings will be held.
- Step 3: You will not want to select the area that you want to blur or work with. If you're looking to remove a logo, select the space where the watermark is present.
- Step 4: Use the settings that are available at the top to surround the logo properly in a green box. You will want to make sure that you include as much of the logo as possible, even if you have to select some of the background as well.
- Step 5: Click OK once you have finished selecting the area and click Preview to see what the removed watermark will look like. If you are happy with the results you can click File > Save and save the video to your computer without the watermark.
3. Virtual Dub and Logo Remover (Filter)
The first step that you will need to do is make sure that you have both Virtual Dub and the Logo Remover filter installed and extracted onto your computer. You will then want to open the program so you can apply the filter. To do so, all you have to do is select Video > Filters or you can click CTRL+F. After you have reached the next window click Add > Load and choose the Logo Remover filter from the list. It will then be automatically available from the plugins that you have downloaded.
- Step 1: Click Show Preview on the bottom left of the screen and select Solid Fill from the left side of the window that has all of your filter configurations.
- Step 2: There will be a black square that will come up in the preview window and you will use the square to work with where the logo is positioned.
- Step 3: Use the black square to color in the entire area where the logo is positioned and ensure that you get every inch of it so that the whole thing is entirely covered in black. While you're doing this, you can view the real-time progress by selecting the Preview button.
- Step 4: Once you're finished coloring the logo in you can click XY and see all of the changes get applied to the video instantly. If you want to have a stronger blur you can work with the blur power slider and choose the opacity that will give you the best effect.
- Step 5: Exporting the video without the logo is your next step so you will need to select File > Save as AVI or you can press F7 for the shortcut. Choose the final destination for where you want the video to be saved and wait until the conversion process is complete. You will then have the same video just without the visible logo where it was before.
Being able to remove logos from videos is simple with the help of a video editing program, especially when it's entirely free and available for download.
Product-related questions? Speak directly to our Support Team >>
- • Complete Film Editing Guide
- 1.1 How to cut a film
- 1.2 How to rotate a film
- 1.3 How to play a film backwards
- 1.4 How to make slow/fast motion
- 1.5 How to add subtitle to film
- 1.6 How to add scrolling credits film
- 1.7 How to remove subtitle from video
- 1.8 How to remove watermark from video
- 1.9 How to remove logo from video
- 1.10 How to resize a film
- 1.11 YouTube channels to learn filmmaking tips