- •video editor for different cameras
- 1.1 How to Edit Videos from Sony Camcorder
- 1.2 How to edit Samsung camcorder
- 1.3 How to Edit iPhone Videos
- 1.4 How to Edit Flip Video
Samsung Video Editor: How to Edit Samsung Video [PC & Mobile included]
Mostly love to shot videos by your Samsung or iPhone ? Still looking for a video tool or editor to edit your videos? In this article, we will introduce two ways to edit Samsung videos, namely editing Samsung videos on both desktop and mobile.
- Part 1: How to Edit Samsung Videos on PC and Mac
- Part 2: How to Edit Videos on Samsung with Movie Maker Video Editor
Part 1: How to Edit Samsung Videos on a PC and Mac
Did you record various videos by your Samsung devices and want to polish them? Well, that’s where Wondershare Filmora steps in. This powerful Samsung video editor can help you easily trim, rotate, crop, merge the video files in different formats, as well as personalize them with rich texts, filters and transitions on Windows PC or Mac. Moreover, after finishing Samsung video editing, you can directly save it to mobile devices, share your creation on YouTube, burn to DVD or save to various other formats. Want to have a try? Just follow the steps below to see how to edit a video on PC. Before getting started, you can download this Samsung video editor to your computer first first.
Filmora provides some editing features specially for mobile video editing:
1. Specially designed and customed aspect ratio: Filmora provides 9:16 portrait aspect ratio,1:1 Instagram ratio, as well as the common 4:3 and 16:9 aspect ratio. What's more, you can go to File-Project Settings to custom and design your own aspect ratio for your Samsung videos.
2. Background Blur: Filmora provides dozens of background blur effects for you to blur the black bar in the 9:16 aspect ratio.
3. Photo Placement: if you have shot an image which has different orientation and there is a black bar around it, you can use the Photo placement to crop to fit.
4. Export to Mobile Device or Share to Social Media: Filmora enables you to edit and sav thee video footage in various formats as well as different devices, including Samsung devices. You can also upload the edited footage to social media platforms such as Youtube and Vimeo to share with your friends.
Let's check the step by step tutorial below about how to edit Samsung videos on PC
1. Import Your Samsung Video
Once download the Samsung video editor(Filmora) to your computer, you can import your Samsung videos to it. Just select "9:16" portrait ratio and here you have two ways. One is to click the "Import" option in the top-left corner of the interface to browse your computer and then load your local Samsung videos. The other is to import them by a simple drag-and-drop. After that, all of them will be listed in Filmora's media library, and you can add them to the timeline.
2. Personalize Your Samsung Video
Drag and drop your Samsung videos from the media library to the timeline. Then you can personalize your Samsung video. Below are some basic editing functions of Video Editor:
- Trim, rotate, crop, cut your video in any position
- Adjust brightness, contrast, playing speed, audio volume and pitch
- Add and edit background music or record and add voiceover
- Choose and apply 300 awesome transitions, titles and effects
Apart from the basic functions above, this Samsung video editor also has a "Power Tools" window for you to create tilt-shift, mosaic, face-off, jump cuts effect, which makes your video even more artful. What’s more, you can easily drop multiple scenes in one frame to tell more threads by using the PIP timeline.
3 Preview and export the Edited Samsung Video
Click the “Play” icon preview your video in the preview window on the right side. If everything is OK, click “Export” to export the edited video. This Samsung Video Editor allows you to export your new movie in numerous different formats. You can choose a suitable format according your needs. Then name your videos and choose the output path, hit “Export” to start saving videos. If you want to play the video on other devices such as iPod touch, iPad, Zune, ect, go to the “Device” tab and choose from the list. Of course, you can also directly share your video via YouTube or burn to DVD for playing on home TV.
Part 2: How to edit videos with Movie Maker Video Editor on Samsung
In Samsung Galaxy phones, you can do some basic video editing such as trimming or cutting off some unwanted parts, or slowing down the playback in Gallery app. But, if you want to add some text and titles to video clip, add background music or your own voiceover, we recommend you to try Samsung’s hidden video editing tool named Movie Maker.
How to use Samsung Movie Maker on Galaxy phones?
You can use this Movie Maker app on your Galaxy S7, Galaxy S8, Note 8 and more Galaxy phones. To enable this hidden movie maker editing tool, follow the steps below:
- Open the video clip in Gallery app, and then tap Edit
- In the edit windows, click the Movie Maker button on the right bottom. A window will pop up asking you to download this app. Tap Download to continue.
- After the Movie Maker app is installed on your Samsung galaxy phone, it may take you several minutes to get familiar with it and find out how to use it. With this Movie Maker app, you can:
- Add Effects to clips
- Add text to clips
- Add transitions to clips
- Adjust audio level
- Merge several clips and images into one video
- Add background music and record narration
After editing the videos, you can tap Save button to export. Watch the video tutorial below about how to enable the hidden Movie Maker editing tool on Samsung and edit the video clips with it.
Note: it is said that Samsung will drop its Movie Maker video editor when Android P arrives. If you have downloaded the latest version of Movie Maker, you may have seen the notice that Movie Maker will be no longer provided when Android P updates come. But, do not worry, we have figured out some best video editing apps for Android so you can edit your videos on Samsung with ease.
FilmoraGo is one of the best free video editing apps for Android users, check the video tutorial below about how to use FilmoraGo to edit videos.
You may also like: How to record gameplay in Samsung Galaxy Phones
Face recognition is an advanced technology both for iPhone and Samsung, but what is the difference between them and how does it work? This article will offer you a better understanding.
by Liza Brown May 16, 2023 19:04 PM
If you are also thinking about buying a new camera unit then it is good to go through review of Samsung Gear 360 degree camera.
by Liza Brown May 16, 2023 19:14 PM