Samsung Video Editor: How to Edit Samsung Video [PC & Mobile included]
As the mobile phone is getting used by more and more people to shot videos, there are chances that you are looking for some solutions to edit the shot video footage on your Samsung phone or on Windows PC or Mac computer. In this article, we will cover two ways to edit Samsung videos, namely editing Samsung videos on both desktop and mobile.
- Part 1: How to Edit Samsung Videos on PC and Mac in 2018
- Part 2: How to Edit Videos on Samsung with Movie Maker Video Editor
Part 1: How to Edit Samsung Videos on PC and Mac in 2018
Recorded various videos by your Samsung devices and want to add a bit more polish? Well, that’s where Wondershare Filmora steps in. This powerful Samsung video editor can help you easily trim, rotate, crop, merge files in different formats, as well as personalize them with rich text, filter and transitions on Windows PC or Mac. Moreover, when finishing Samsung video editing, you can directly save it to mobile devices, share your creation on YouTube, burn to DVD or save to various other formats. Want to have a try? Just follow the steps below to see how to edit Samsung video on PC. Before getting started, you can download it first.
Filmora provides some editing features specially for mobile video editing:
1. Specially designed Aspect ratio: Filmora provides several aspect ratios including 9:16 portrait aspect ratio and 1:1 Instagram ratio, as well as the common 4:3 and 16:9 aspect ratios. You can edit your Samsung videos in the aspect ratio you like.
2. Background Blur: Filmora provides dozens of background blur effects for you to blur the black bar in the 9:16 aspect ratio.
3. Photo Placement: if you have shot an image which has different orientation and there is a black bar around it, you can use the Photo placement to crop to fit.
4. Export to Mobile Device or Share to Social Media: Filmora allows you to edit and save video footage in various formats as well as different devices, including Samsung devices. You can also upload the edited footage to social media platforms to share with your friends.
Let's check the step by step tutorial below about how to edit Samsung videos on PC
1 Import Your Samsung Video
Once you have Filmora Video Editor installed, you are ready to start editing your Samsung video. Choose the aspect ration and click Full Features mode. If you haven't already imported the video files to your PC, make sure you connect Samsung to the computer. Then run this program and click “Import”to find where your video locates and add it to the Media Item.
2 Personalize Your Samsung Video
Drag and drop your selection from the Media Item into the timeline. Then you can personalize your Samsung video. Below are some basic editing functions of Video Editor:
- Trim, rotate, crop, cut your video in any position
- Adjust brightness, contrast, playing speed, audio volume and pitch
- Add and edit background music or record and add voiceover
- Choose and apply 300 awesome transitions, titles and effects
Beside the basic functions, this Samsung video editor also features a "Power Tools" window for you to create tilt-shift, mosaic, face-off, jump cuts effect, which makes your video even more artful. What’s more, you can easily drop multiple scenes in one frame to tell more threads by using the PIP timeline.
3 Preview and export the Edited Samsung Video
Click the “Play” icon preview your video in the preview window on the right side. If everything is OK, click “Export” to export the edited video. Video Editor allows you to export your new movie in numerous different formats. You can choose a suitable format according your needs. Then name your videos and choose the output path, hit “Create” to start saving videos. If you want to play the video on other devices such as iPod touch, iPad, Zune, ect, go to the “Device” tab and choose from the list. Of course, you can also directly share your video via YouTube or burn to DVD for playing on home TV.
Part 2: How to edit videos with Movie Maker Video Editor on Samsung
In Samsung Galaxy phones, you can do some basic video editing such as trimming or cutting off some unwanted parts, or slowing down the playback in Gallery app. But, if you want to add some text and titles to video clip, add background music or your own voiceover, we recommend you to try Samsung’s hidden video editing tool named Movie Maker.
How to use Samsung Movie Maker on Galaxy phones?
You can use this Movie Maker app on your Galaxy S7, Galaxy S8, Note 8 and more Galaxy phones. To enable this hidden movie maker editing tool, follow the steps below:
- Open the video clip in Gallery app, and then tap Edit
- In the edit windows, click the Movie Maker button on the right bottom. A window will pop up asking you to download this app. Tap Download to continue.
- After the Movie Maker app is installed on your Samsung galaxy phone, it may take you several minutes to get familiar with it and find out how to use it. With this Movie Maker app, you can:
- Add Effects to clips
- Add text to clips
- Add transitions to clips
- Adjust audio level
- Merge several clips and images into one video
- Add background music and record narration
After editing the videos, you can tap Save button to export. Watch the video tutorial below about how to enable the hidden Movie Maker editing tool on Samsung and edit the video clips with it.
Note: it is said that Samsung will drop its Movie Maker video editor when Android P arrives. If you have downloaded the latest version of Movie Maker, you may have seen the notice that Movie Maker will be no longer provided when Android P updates come. But, do not worry, we have figured out some best video editing apps for Android so you can edit your videos on Samsung with ease.FilmoraGo is one of the best free video editing apps for Android users, check the video tutorial below about how to use FilmoraGo to edit videos.
You may also like: How to record gameplay in Samsung Galaxy Phones
Product-related questions? Speak directly to our Support Team >>