It’s no secret that the slo-mo effect adds thrill to the video while keeping the viewers hooked for a long time. It reduces the frame rate, which in turn, makes the videos more exciting and engaging. This effect lets the viewers enjoy the fascinating moments of the video while giving you some space for showing your creativity.
Moreover, adding the slo-mo effect to your video is not challenging anymore as plenty of slow-motion video editing app options is available on the internet to choose from. Here, we've put together the best slo-mo video editing apps for iPhone and Android.
Top 10 Best Slow-Motion Editing Apps for iPhone and Android
The slow-motion effect adds an extra layer of creativity to the videos while providing a completely different viewing experience. Here’s the comprehensive guide to the top 10 best slo-mo editing apps for Android and iPhone.
1. Slow Motion Video Fx Editor
This slow-motion video editing app comes with an intuitive interface and quick processing time. This tool allows users to record live video with speed control options. You can either shoot videos in slow motion or add the slo-mo effect in your ready-made videos by using the Slow Motion Video Fx Editor
This app is compatible with Android and iOS. The minimum OS requirements for iPhone are - iOS 11.0 or later, and Android are - Android KitKat 4.4, Lollipop 5.0, Marshmallow 6.0, Nougat 7.0, Oreo 8.0, Android Pie 9.0, versions 10, 11, 12, or later.
- It allows users to apply slo-mo, time-lapse, and stop motion effects on their videos.
- You can edit video speed up to 240fps or 12x faster or slower by using the Slow Motion Video Fx Editor.
- Monthly Subscription: $9.99/month
- Yearly subscription: $34.99/ year
2. Slow Motion Video Fx: Fast & Slo-mo Editor
It is a post-processing video editor that allows you to add fast and slow-motion video effects. This application comes with a user-friendly interface and lets you select the speed of the output movie. You can record the clip of anything and make it as slow as you want.
This app is compatible with Android devices having Android 4.3 and up.
- It can slo-mo 24fps video. However, the outcome might look less natural if your camera records more frames per second.
- With this app, you can easily adjust slow-motion speed like 1/2x, 1/3x to 1/5x, and fast-motion up to 5x.
- This app is available for free but might include in-app purchases.
3. Slow Motion Video Editor
From trimming the video, adjusting video speed to adding amazing effects and filters, this slow-motion video editing app can do it all to create a seamless slo-mo masterpiece. It supports all major video formats, including MP3, AVI, 3GP, and more, while offering a wide range of speed options to choose from.
The minimum requirement to download and install the Slow Motion Video Editor varies with the Android device.
- The application offers smooth slow motion, stop motion, fast motion, and time-lapse effects.
- It offers 50 different speed options that can slow down or accelerate the video.
- The app is available for free includes in-app purchases that might range from $0.99 - $4.99 per item.
4. Video Speed: Fast Video Slow Video Motion
If you are looking for a slow-motion video editing app with advanced features and a beginner-friendly interface, add Video Speed to your app drawer and create magical videos on the go. This app is mainly designed to adjust the video speed and can easily create slo-mo and fast motion videos.
Since this app is designed for Android devices only; it is compatible with all Android-based phones having Android 4.1 or later.
- It can slow down your video by 1/4x and fast your clip up to 4x.
- The app supports all video formats, including MP4, MOV, AVI, 3GP, WMV, and more.
- This app is free to use.
5. Slow Motion Video Maker
A go-to solution for beginners, Slow Motion Video Maker is a video-making and editing tool that lets you produce slow and fast motion videos. It supports all popular video formats, including MP4, FLV, MKV, AVI, and more.
The minimum operating system requirement for Android is Android 4.1 or higher. It is compatible with iPhone having iOS 13.0 or later.
- With Slow Motion Video Maker, you can set speed for video such as 1/4x, 1/2x, 1.25x, 1.75x 1.5x, 2x, and 4x.
- It allows you to create reverse videos in the backward mode.
- It has a video cutter to trim and edit the video.
- This slow-motion video editor is free to use.
This slow-motion video editing app is an easy-to-use video editor with fast editing tools and several exciting effects to add a personalized touch to your videos. It allows you to combine multiple clips into one while rescaling your videos within the video frame
- The tool allows the users to create claymation videos with stop motion recording.
- It can playback videos in reverse to add a dynamic effect.
- It adjusts video or audio speed to slow or fast, depending on the requirements. You can slow down the video up to 0.1x and fast forward it to 4x.
- It is available for free but contains in-app purchases.
If you are looking for an easy-to-use video editing app with advanced features, FilmoraGo might be a perfect option to go for. It features all essential video editing tools, including magical effects, royalty-free music, speed control, filters, and more.
- It can adjust the speed, ranging from 0.5x to 10x.
- The tool offers a ripple edit feature to remove the gaps created by the removal of pieces from the timeline.
- You can reverse the video by using the tool to add some dramatic effect.
- Monthly Subscription: $7.99 per month
- Yearly Subscription: $155.88
CapCut is a feature-packed video editor for Android and iPhone. This slow-motion video editing app is the easiest way to edit and add effects to the videos. It can quickly cut, reverse, and change the speed of the videos, making them interesting and eye-catching.
- There are two ways to add a slo-mo effect in the CapCut app - Curve and Normal.
- The tool lets you adjust the video speed from 0.1x to 100x.
- The curve speed edit option allows the users to make easy velocity edits. You need to edit five beats for adjustment.
- CapCut is a free video editing app for Android and iOS.
Find out more details about CapCut slo-mo video editing.
It is a powerful and reliable HD video editor that lets users slow down the videos, add music, transition effects, blur the background, and more. It can easily combine two clips with a smooth transition to make your videos eye-catching.
- It can adjust video speed from 0.2x to 100x.
- The app allows you to rewind the clip and fits your video and photo in any aspect ratio.
- With the chroma key feature, you can remove the selected color and creates green screen videos.
- InShot also supports the speed ramping feature with the speed curve tool in version 1.49. It can speed up to 32x of the real-time speed adjustment.
- Monthly subscription: $41.25
- Yearly Subscription: $252.92
Developed by Apple Inc for macOS and iPhone, iMovie is a pre-installed video editing application to create and edit professional, cinema-quality videos. It features 13 creative video filters and supports various media formats, including MPEG, AVI, MOV, and more.
Since this slow-motion video editing app is compatible with Apple devices only, it requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- It can easily change the speed of the video by dragging a slider. The tool can slow down the video up to 8x of the original speed.
- You can use iMovie speed controls on any clip, whether it was filmed on 30fps, 60fps, 120fps, and 240fps.
- The users can get creative by using the speed ramp feature.
- Since iMovie comes as a pre-installed app, it’s absolutely free to use.
A slow-motion video editing app has the power to make those exciting moments stick for a while. So, wait no more and use the slo-mo effect to add a dramatic touch to your videos right away. Pick any of the apps listed above and slow down the instantaneous moments in just a few clicks.