You have taken photos and videos all over your trip. Showing them to your friends and family can be a hassle if you have a lot of pictures. Viewing them all at once is possible by creating a slideshow video.
The slideshow video combines all the memories in one place. To make one on your own, we prefer just one best UI editing tools, Wondershare Filmora.
Before we create a slideshow, ensure to learn the basics of the slideshow video. Then, scroll below to get more!
In this article
Part 1. What Is a Slideshow Video?
A slideshow video is a video that combines your photos and videos to create a montage. This slideshow can be used as a collection of memories you can watch whenever you like.
You might have a photo album lying around somewhere in your house. A slideshow video can act like a modern-day photo album. But instead of photos, you can also add videos and create a monument of your precious memories.
Modern-day content creators on Youtube and other platforms can use a slideshow method to create short recap videos of their travels.
Part 2. What Are Some of the Uses of Slideshow Videos?
A slideshow video can be a great way to summarize all the moments of a marriage ceremony, graduation event, etc. And the list goes on and on.
- A wedding ceremony
- Anniversary recording
- A graduation ceremony
- A birthday party
- Your pet
- Your friends
- Your family
- A trip that you went on
Part 3. What Are the Benefits of a Slideshow?
There are many benefits to creating a slideshow video.
A long-lasting memory
Creating a slideshow video can be a digital reminiscent, allowing you to hold a precious video with your friends and family. Apart from physical portraits, a slideshow video will be a digital backup for your memories that you can watch in the future.
Easy to save and share
Since a video slideshow is a digital content, typically with an extension .mp4, .mov, etc., you can watch it whenever and wherever you want. Moreover, you can conveniently send it to the person who spent the time and shares the same memories with you.
Part 4. What Will You Need To Make a Slideshow?
To create an attractive slideshow video, you must fulfill the following requirements.
1. Good Quality Photos
To create a good slideshow, you must have good-quality photos with good resolution. Always take pictures with a good-quality camera or a mobile phone whenever you want to create a slideshow. Using filters in the editing software can disrupt the quality of your slideshow.
2. Video Clips
The slideshow is always combined with videos and photos. After taking good-quality images, remember always to record short video clips you can add between your pictures.
3. A Good Video Editor - Wondershare Filmora
To edit a slideshow video, you will need editing software. There's no better tool to do the job than Wondershare Filmora. Wondershare Filmora enables you to make creative and appealing videos. It has a very engaging system UI that allows even novice users to get the hang of it quickly. You will learn how to make a slideshow in a few simple steps.
Let's start with the step-by-step instructions for making a slideshow video now that you know the requirements for generating a slideshow.
Part 5. Step-by-Step Guide to Creating a Slideshow Video
Utilizing filmora will reduce your workload while producing quality work. Follow the below step-by-step guide to make your slideshow video instantly!
Step1 Download Wondershare Filmora
Wondershare Filmora will provide the working platform. Follow the below steps to download it:
- First, install the Wondershare Filmora.
- Then, launch this application on your PC or Mac
Let's proceed to edit our video after downloading the Wondershare Filmora software. Continue reading to find out how to begin the editing process.
Step2 Import your Photos and Videos
Importing your videos and pictures to Filmora's media panel is best to have them all in one folder. Therefore, when you open Wondershare Filmora, you will notice the main import window in the top left corner.
- Click in the center of the import window upon the import icon.
- Browse from the PC library to where your target Videos and Photos are stored.
- Please select the required videos and photos and Open
Your next step will be to add the imported videos and images to the timeline.
Step3 Add your Photos and Videos to the Timeline
When you have multiple videos and photos, you can add all of them simultaneously. Or you can also add them one by one wherever you need. Follow the steps mentioned:
- Right-click on the photo or video you want.
- Keep holding the Right-click and drag it down to the timeline.
Now that we have imported your photos and videos into the timeline, it is time to align and add text.
Step4 Add the Title
To create an attractive slideshow, you will need to add a title before the start of the video. Doing so will allow you to gain more viewers and audiences.
Add a Black Screen
The black screen will eventually act like a canvas to give your title a good look. To add a black screen, follow the steps mentioned:
- Click on the media icon from the bar above the import window.
- You will notice many tabs on the left-hand side under a drop-down bar.
- Scroll below to find the sample media
- Download the black color if it is not downloaded already.
- Click and drag it down below to the start of your video.
Add a Title Tile
Now that we have our canvas, we will now add the title. Above the import media library, there will be a Title icon.
- Click on the title icon, and select the title that you want for your video by browsing and scrolling down.
- For this purpose, we will use a simple title tile called "Title 29."
- Click and drag the title onto the black screen that we added.
- Double-click the title to open its settings.
- Here you can type in the text that you want.
You can also change its font. When you click on the font bar, a drop-down option will pop up, and you choose whichever you like.
- Change the animation of the text title from the top left corner animation
Change The Timing of The Title
You can also adjust the timing of the title by below steps:
- Click on the advanced option in the bottom right corner, and settings will pop up.
- Find the title bar and drag it to the right side to increase the timing of the title.
After adding the title, it's time to go with fading effect as shown below!
Step5 Add a Fade effect
You can also add a fade transition to the start of your video. It will blend the title with the first clip. Follow the steps mentioned to add the transition effects:
- Search the Fade option from the Transitions tab above the import window
- Download the Fade transition and drag it between the Black screen and the first clip.
Now that we have added a transition, it is time to move on to our music!
Step6 Add The Music
You can add your music to the slideshow from your PC library, but make sure you have the music rights. It is better to use stock audio by following the steps:
- Click on the Audio icon on the bar above the import window, and the list will pop up.
- Please browse the library to find music that best suits your video and download it.
- Then add it to the timeline's audio track.
Add Beat Detection
To match your video clips properly with the music, so it remains in sync, you can adjust it with the beat of the music. To add beat detection, follow the steps mentioned:
- Right-Click on the audio that you selected in the audio library.
- You will see a pop-up list, and in the options, you will see Beat detection.
- Click on Beat detection.
- Then click on the audio and drag it below on the timeline.
Match The Video With The Audio Markers
To have the full advantage of beat detection, you must adjust your videos and photos to the markers. Follow the steps mentioned below to do so:
- Check that the video clips are in sync with the marker on the audio.
- For this, drag one video end to a marker or as many videos as you want.
- Ultimately, you will create a timeline in which your videos sync with the audio beat.
After syncing your videos and photos to the audio, it is time to move on to the scaling and background blur.
Step7 Scale and Blur The Background
Now, some of the pictures you have added must-have black borders. It usually means that your image is shorter than the aspect ratio.
If you leave the picture/photo as it is, the black borders will make it look shorter and out of proportion. As a result, it gives a generally poor look, as shown below.
To counter this problem, follow some easy steps:
- Double-click on the picture with black borders, and it will open the settings list.
- Go into the Transform Here you can see multiple settings.
- Increase the size of your photo to match the aspect ratio.
Add a Background Blur Effect
In some cases where you have taken a portrait photo where the picture is vertical, it ultimately stays out of proportion to the aspect ratio.
To counter this problem, you can add a blur effect. This effect will turn your background blur, matching the aspect ratio. Follow the steps mentioned below:
- Click on the Effects tab above the import window and search for Blur.
- Download the blur effect that suits you best and then drag the blur effect above your photo in the timeline.
You will notice the background turn to a blur in the main play screen.
Step8 Add a Transition
You can also add a transition effect to spice up things. It can get bland when your video or photo changes from one to another. To create a good slideshow video, you can add a transition effect by following the steps mentioned below:
- Click on the Transition icon above the import window.
- Browse the library until you find a transition you like, then download one.
- Click on the transition and drag it between the clips.
Adjust The Duration and Placement of The Transition
Now it's time to adjust the duration and placement of the transition. For this, you can follow the steps mentioned below:
- Double-click on the transition effect, and it will open the settings list.
- You can adjust the duration by setting the timer as per your requirement.
When you have adjusted the slideshow transitions, it is time to move on to the effects and filters.
Step9 Add the Effects and Filters
If you create a slideshow video of your trip to a historical place. You can add a Vintage filter to your video to give it that vintage tint. Follow the steps mentioned below:
- Head over to the Effects tab, where the effects library will open up
- Select any effect and download
- Click on the effect and drag it to drop in the timeline.
Combining a vintage effect with a dreamy glow will make your video pop up even more. To add a nostalgic glow to your video, follow the steps:
- Click on the effects and search for Glow in the search bar.
- Click and drag the glow effect above the timeline and ensure the effect is in the separate video timeline.
- Ensure the effect is applied to every photo and video.
- Double-click on the effect, and settings will open in the import window.
- Then, you can adjust the radius and opacity of the video. Adjust as you desire.
We are almost done. Let us now move toward our outro!
Step10 Create an Outro
The steps we will do will be similar to the ones we did initially. As we are creating, we will again need a canvas. Follow the steps mentioned below:
- Head to the media icon on the bar and scroll until you see the sample media tab.
- In the sample color option, drag and drop the black color at the end of your video.
Add an Outro Transition
To finalize things, add a transition effect at the end of the clip by these steps:
- In the Transition tab, search for the Fade effect.
- Drag and drop the Fade effect between your last video clip and the Black screen.
Fade out The Audio
If the audio suddenly ends at the end of your slideshow, it will create a bitter effect. Therefore, you should always fade out audio at the end of the video. To do this, follow the steps mentioned:
- Double-click on the audio in the timeline, and the settings list will pop up.
- On the top section of the import window, you will notice fade options.
- In the fade-out bar, drag it to the side to set your fade-out timer.
You can show your friends and family the slideshow or upload it to Youtube. Play the Slideshow Video from the beginning to see the changes.
By the steps mentioned above, you can create a slideshow video. Give every moment a chance to align everything on one side! The slideshow will also save your device space by aligning everything in one video.