Gaming is a popular video category. And COD: Warzone is one of the most popular games nowadays. That said, many gamers flock to video streaming websites to watch Warzone gameplays. And there are so many of them, and the competition for views is tough. So you must use all you can to win that battle. Your Warzone thumbnails, titles, and videos themselves must be on point.
With kickass thumbnails, the eyes of users searching for Call of Duty: Warzone videos will be attracted to your content. If your content is good, that will convert to an increase in views and subscribers.
In this article
How To Make an Impressive Warzone Thumbnail for Free
We have clarified how important a Warzone thumbnail that pop is. But how to make one? That's what this article is for. Here, you will learn how to create impressive Warzone thumbnails for free. That's right - FOR FREE.
Without further ado, here are the steps that you should follow:
Step1 Download & Install an Excellent Warzone Thumbnail Maker
Of course, the first step is to find good software for making thumbnails. But there is no thumbnail maker specifically made for Warzone. So, the best choice is a thumbnail maker that is also a video editor - like Wondershare Filmora.
Admittedly, Wondershare Filmora has premium plans. But you can download it for free. Additionally, you can use the free trial version to create video thumbnails without upgrading to the paid version. So essentially, Wondershare Filmora is a free Warzone thumbnail maker. The best part is that you can use some of Filmora's other features to make the thumbnail as cool as possible.
Step2 Take a Snapshot of Your Call of Duty Warzone Game
Using in-game screenshots is recommended. That way, the image is personalized and can't be found anywhere else. Unfortunately, COD: Warzone does not have an in-game functionality for screenshots. So, you have to get the image using other means. You can use the following keyboard shortcuts to grab a screenshot:
- Using Windows' Game Bar - Windows key + ALT + PrintScreen
- NVIDIA's Shadow Play - ALT + Z
- Windows Screenshot - Windows + PrintScreen
Step3 Create a Project, Set Project Ratio & Import the Snapshot
- Download and launch Wondershare Filmora.
- Click "New Project."
- Click "File" button. In the drop-down menu, select "Project Settings."
- In the pop-up window, set the resolution to 1280*720, which is the recommended resolution of YouTube Thumbnail.
- Drag and drop the screenshot you took into the Filmora window. Alternatively, click the "Click here to import media" link to locate and import it.
Step4 Drag the Media to the Timeline, Add Effects, Stickers & Texts
- Drag the image from the Project Media section into the timeline.
- Click "Effects." Select an effect to use and drag it into the timeline.
- Click "Stickers." Select stickers to use and drag them into the timeline.
- Add Text overlays to the video. To do so, click "Titles." Select the text style and drag it into the timeline. Double-click it to edit the written text.
Step5 Find a Desired Frame and Take a Screenshot
- Play the video preview.
- Pause the video when you see the best frame to use as the thumbnail.
- Click the "Camera" icon below the video preview to take a snapshot.
- Select a file format and a target destination folder for the image.
- Click "Ok."
Step6 Use the Screenshot as Your New COD Warzone Thumbnail
- The screenshot will appear in the Project Media section in Filmora. Right-click the image.
- Click "Reveal in Explorer." It will open the folder where the screenshot is saved.
- Use the screenshot as your video thumbnail.
If you want to know more tricks about creating a nice Warzone thumbnail, please check the video below:
Tips for a Superb Call of Duty: Warzone Thumbnail
A thumbnail is useless if it does not look good on YouTube. But how can you ensure it looks good on YouTube? That's a good question. Actually, the YouTube help center gave pointers on how your video thumbnail should be. These are the five important things you should know about:
- The Warzone thumbnail size should be at least 640 pixels wide.
- YouTube thumbnail dimensions use an aspect ratio of 16:9.
- Your Warzone thumbnail should not exceed 2MB.
- The best size for YouTube video thumbnails is 1280 pixels by 720 pixels.
- The supported image formats are JPG, PNG, and GIF.
The next question is how the actual thumbnail image should look. There's only one rule for that. Make it as cool as possible. Call of Duty: Warzone is a first-person shooter/battle royale game. People who are into these games are drawn to this aesthetic.
5 Best Call of Duty: Warzone Thumbnails on YouTube That May Inspire You
Research is always key to accomplishing something. If you want to create kickass COD: Warzone video thumbnails, you should look at the ones that worked. Visit YouTube and find videos that have great success. That will help you get some ideas for your thumbnails.
Let us help you with that. Here are 5 Call of Duty: Warzone thumbnails you should check out.
1. Call of Duty Warzone: THE BATTLE OF VERDANSK GAMEPLAY! (No Commentary)
This video from the channel NoAnnoyingCommentary has 3.3 million views. It shows the player pointing their gun upwards. Flying in the sky are many fighter planes (obviously edited.) Then, a sepia filter is applied to make it look like a shot from past real-world wars. It is cool and sure to attract the attention of the COD: Warzone demographics.
2. TOP 300 FUNNIEST FAILS IN WARZONE
This video is made by Red Arcade. It has attracted more than 12 million views. Admittedly, the title and the video concept are already enough to attract many viewers. But we can't say that the thumbnail did not help. It's actually really good.
The thumbnail shows a screenshot from Warzone. A player's character is in the middle, with his back facing the camera. The words "AFK. Don't shoot!" are written on the wall he is facing. The character is viewed through a sniper scope. It's more "funny" than cool. But for what the video is about, it works fantastic.
3. Clean House [PS5 UHD 4K] Next-Gen Ultra Realistic Graphics PlayStation 5 Call of Duty Gameplay
This video from HEDGEHOG ヅ has a whopping 12 million views. Again, the title likely is the main reason why it got that many views. But for sure, people did not read that long title at first. They were drawn to it by the thumbnail.
The thumbnail shows a clear-as-crystal screenshot of a team of 4 players on the battlefield. At the top left corner is the PS5 logo. Then, at the bottom left is an icon that says the video is in 4K UHD. If you're also uploading 4K Warzone videos, you can try doing this. Users are attracted to videos that are eye-pleasing.
4. Call of Duty: Warzone Battle Royale | RTX 3080 10GB ( 4K Maximum Settings Ray Tracing OFF )
The thumbnail for this video (made by GTX 1050 Ti), with 5.2 million views, is just an in-game screenshot. At the top-right is a large logo of GEFORCE RTX 3080 and at the bottom left is an Intel logo. Like the previous one, it attracts viewers by stating the visual appeal of the video.
5. NEW RECORD! 64 KILL GAME in CoD WARZONE! (Best Classes / Loadouts)
Like most Warzone thumbnails, this thumbnail from a Vikkstar123 video features a gun. At the top right is the victory banner, and at the bottom is the logo for kills with the number 64 next to it. The top right shows the logo of COD Warzone.
Players are attracted to amazing gameplay. Unsurprisingly, the player who got 64 kills got 3.1 million views in his video. The gist is that if you have achieved something amazing, try to incorporate it into the thumbnail.
Using in-game screenshots is recommended for making amazing COD Warzone thumbnails. But you should not use raw photos. You must edit them to ensure they have visual appeal. Of course, that means you need a good thumbnail maker.
Your best option is Wondershare Filmora. Why? Because it is a thumbnail maker and video editing software in one. Also, it allows you to make thumbnails for free! What could be better than that?