How to Add Subtitles to Vimeo Videos
There are a lot of reasons to add subtitles to a video. And there are many different ways to do it. If you can read and follow this simple instructions you will be able to add subtitle and add caption text to your videos with ease. You have just two options which are to quickly learn how to do it yourself or pay for a professional video editor to add subtitle and caption to your videos.
How to add subtitle to Vimeo videos
Step 1: Get a Caption/Subtitle File for your Video
When you create a caption or subtitle you will have to create a text file that gives you sound, transcription and even time stamps for the frames you wish to add them to.
There are numerous file formats to choose from including srt, scc and ttml.
Step 2: Upload Caption or Subtitle File to Vimeo
If you want to add caption or add subtitle to your video then you will first need to know that the compatible format for Vimeo is .vvt/WebVVT.
- You need to start by logging into your Vimeo account and uploading your chosen video.
- Once you have uploaded your video you will need to edit it by selecting ‘edit setting’
- To add caption file you will need to select Advanced menu and choose the caption file you want to upload.
- It’s now time to select your caption file and choose which type and language you require.
- If you want to add subtitle in numerous languages you will have to continue to repeat the previous step for each.
Once you have completed your caption and subtitle edits you will need to save your changes and return to your chosen video.
On the retune you will see at the bottom right of the screen a 'CC' button. This will allow you to turn the captions off and on as well as change the languages the captions and subtitles are displayed in.
Best subtitle or Caption editing software
Wondershare Filmora is the best software to use to add subtitle or add caption due to the numerous editing options that allow you to make it your own. They have everything from animated text effects and balloons to introductions and credits. The software allows you to add, remove and favourite your desired effects and you can add numerous tracks to make future edits easier. Customise the font to make it stand out as your own, including matching the text to any logo you may have and much much more. By using Wondershare Filmora you can add subtitle and add caption effects to reach out to more people than you thought possible and have more power than similar software.
Product-related questions? Speak directly to our Support Team >>
- Vimeo Video Tips
- 1. Definition
- 1.1 What is Vimeo?
- 1.2 Vimeo Basic, Vimeo Plus or Vimeo Pro: Which is Right for You?
- 1.3 Vimeo vs YouTube: Which is Better?
- 1.4 Vimeo vs YouTube vs Dailymotion: Which Video Platform is Right for You?
- 2. How to Edit/Tips +
- 2.1 How to Make Thumbnail
- 2.2 How to add subtitle/captions to Vimeo videos
- 2.3 How to Trim and Cut Vimeo Videos
- 2.4 How to Add Music to Vimeo Videos
- 2.5 How to Make Vimeo Videos
- 2.6 How to upload iMovie video to Vimeo
- 2.7 How to Upload Window Movie Maker Video to Vimeo
- 2.8 How to insert a Vimeo video into PowerPoint
- 2.9 How to share Vimeo video online
- 2.10 Tips to Get Your Video “Staff Picked” on Vimeo
- 3. Editing Tools +
- 3.1 Best Video Editor for Vimeo
- 3.2 Vimeo Cameo Review
- 3.3 10 Best Alternatives to Vimeo Cameo
- 3.4 Which is Better Video Editor for iPhone? Cameo or FilmoraGo?
- 4. How to download Vimeo Videos +
- 3.1 Best Vimeo Video Downloaders
- 3.2 How to Download Vimeo Video to MP4
- 3.3 How to Download Vimeo Video to MP3