- Audio Editing Guide
- Try It Free Try It Free
- 1. Best Audio Editing Software +
- • Extract Audio from Video Online
- • Professional Audio Editing Software
- • Free Online Audio Editor
- • Free Audio Editor for Windows and Mac
- • Best Digital Audio Workstation
- • Best Online Video Rotators
- • Audio Splitter
- • Audio Editor Software for Mac
- • AMR Audio Converter
- • Audio Recording Software
- • Online MP3 Joiner
- • Online Music Makers
- • Music Visualizers
- • Music Visualization APPs
- • Audio Mixer Software
- • AI Music Composers
- 2. Edit Audio +
- • Remove Audio from MP4
- • Replace Audio in a Video
- • How to Add Audio to Your Video (with Steps)
- • Edit the Audio of Video
- • Online Voice Changers
- • Add Audio to Video
- • Fade Audio
- • Mute Audio in Video
- • Remove Audio from Video
- • Change Voice
- • Add Voice to Video
- • Remove Background Noise from Video
- 3. Sound Effects Download +
- • Cinematic Sound Effects
- • Radio Sound Effects
- • Video Game Sound Effects
- • Intro Sound Effects
- • Transition Sound Effects
- • Rain Sound Effects
- • Scary Sound Effects
- • Cartoon Sound Effects
- • Thunder Sound Effects
- • Ding Sound Effects
- • Free Sound Effects
- • Whoosh Sound Effects
- • Glitch Sound Effects
10 Best Free and Paid Podcast Editing Software Products
Raw, unedited audio material you record for the next episode of your podcast has so much potential. Whether you are going to make the most of that potential depends on your creativity as much as it does on the editing software you’re using to create your podcasts. A simple audio effect , good selection of music or perfectly balanced volume can all contribute to the popularity of your show.
However, determining which podcast editing software is the best option on the market right now is impossible, because podcasters come from a broad range of backgrounds and they cover different topics in each new episode of their podcast. Your budget or the level of audio editing skills you have are just a few factors you should consider before selecting a software product you are going to use to edit your podcast.
We combed through the Internet and we selected the ten best free and paid podcast editing software products, with the aim of helping you discover the one that will assist you in making podcasts that attract attention.
10 Best Free Podcast Editing Software for Novice Podcasters
If you are thinking about starting a new podcast, but your budget is not as big as you would like it to be, you shouldn’t worry because there are several excellent podcast editing software products you can use for free. Let’s take a look at what some of the most popular free podcast editing software have to offer.
Compatibility: iOS, macOS
GarageBand’s audio recording capabilities exceed the demands of most newcomers to the world of podcasting, as the software features a versatile set of audio recording tools. Even so, the software’s interface is easy to get used to which makes it a perfect choice for anyone who wants to learn how to create podcasts effortlessly.
The audio editing tools GarageBand provides are as impressive as its audio recording options since the software enables its users to remove all mistakes they make during recording sessions or control audio peaks. The iOS-based version of GarageBand is also available, which enables all iPhone and iPad owners to record their podcasts with this app even if they don’t have access to their Mac computer.
- Smooth podcast recording process on iOS and macOS devices
- Produces high-resolution audio recordings
- Equipped with a versatile set of audio editing tools
- Allow users to share their audio recordings on social media
- Uploading audio files to podcast hosting platforms directly from GarageBand is not an option
- Doesn’t support MIDI output
Compatibility: Linux, Windows, macOS
Many of the most influential podcasters today, recorded the first episodes of their podcasts with Audacity. Recording interviews, music or any other type of audio material through a mixer or a microphone with Audacity is a smooth and straightforward process that even inexperienced podcasters can complete effortlessly. However, the software’s audio editing tools are powerful enough to meet the demands of experienced professionals.
This cross-platform podcast editing software provides support for a variety of plugins which enables its users to apply audio effects to the recordings they make with Audacity. Each podcast you record with software can be captured in 16-bit, 24-bit or 32-bit quality so that you can select the option that best fits your needs.
- Reliable audio editing software for both novice and seasoned podcasters
- Excellent selection of audio effects
- Offers batch processing tools
- A great choice for anyone who wants to record a dialogue
- Basic multitrack audio options
- No external keyboard support
Want to edit podcast audio file with free audio editing software, check our picks of Free Audio Editors
Best Paid Podcast Editing Software for Experienced Podcasters
If you are looking for an audio recording software that can enable you to create professional-sounding podcasts on a constant basis, then it is better to consider one of the paid options, since all free podcast editing software products have their limitations. Here are some of the best paid podcast editing software products for seasoned podcasters.
Price: $28 billed monthly or $280 billed annually
Podcasters who are looking for a way to save time on the postproduction of their podcasts should consider using this online podcast editing software. Alitu removes background noises from all the audio clips you import into the app and improves their overall quality. The software also merges the audio files automatically, which enables you to create a new episode quickly.
The platform features a theme music maker that can be used to create intros and outros for podcasts. Once the editing process is completed, you can export your podcasts directly to podcast hosting platforms like Buzzsprout, Speaker or Libsyn.
- The quick drag-and-drop import process
- Automatic audio editing
- Allows users to add audio effects, music or ads
- Exports audio files to all major podcast hosting platforms
- Offers a limited range of output audio file formats
- No multi-channel mixing options
Price: $225 for a commercial license
Compatibility: macOS, Linux, Windows
This DAW is equipped with all the tools you are going to need to record audio from your Mac or PC computer. Besides multitrack and MIDI recording, mixing and mastering tools, Reaper also provides support for a variety of digital audio file formats, which enables you to edit all of your recordings regardless of the file format in which they were saved.
Furthermore, this podcast editing software enables its users to utilize a broad spectrum of external hardware during their audio recording sessions. Reaper is constantly evolving as new features become available regularly, which allows podcasters to extend the set of tools they are using to create new episodes of their podcasts.
- Powerful track automation tools
- Supports recording at almost any sample rate or bit depth
- Grants its users access to advanced audio editing tools
- Features hundreds of audio effects
- Designed for music industry professionals
- No file-sharing options
Price: Free trial available, pricing options start at $29
This podcast editing software is equipped with a versatile set of audio editing tools that simplify the audio editing process. Fission also integrates with Audio Hijack software you can use to record your podcasts and then edit them in Fission before uploading them to the hosting platform.
You can fade, cut or merge multiple files without any risk of quality loss and you can even create chapters for your podcasts. All audio files you edit with Fission can be uploaded to SoundCloud directly from the software, which makes it a perfect choice for all podcasters who share their podcasts on this platform.
- Quick conversion of audio files
- Provides support for FLAC files
- Allows users to set split points
- No quality loss during the editing process
- No built-in audio recording features
- Adding plugins is not an option
Price: $79.90 for macOS
Compatibility: macOS, iOS, web-based
TwistedWave is a simple podcast editing software that also features audio recording options, that allows you to record and edit all new episodes of your podcast. You just have to push a button in order to add markers to parts of the recording you would like to edit and reduce the amount of time you have to spend in postproduction.
Limiting or compression are only a few of the audio editing tools TwistedWave offers that can be used to improve the quality of your podcast. Besides the macOS version of the software, versions of TwistedWave can be used on iPhones or iPads, or through a web browser.
- Available on multiple platforms
- Great batch processing features
- Metadata support
- Automatic silence detection
- No audio effects library
- Panning of multichannel files is completely automatic
7. WaveLab 10
Price: Pricing options start at $40
Compatibility: macOS, Windows
This is a mastering software designed to help professionals perform even the most demanding audio editing tasks. WaveLab 10 can be used to process recordings before they are published in the digital format or on vinyl.
The software allows users to apply real-time effects and provides restoration tools the can recover damaged or inaudible sections of a recording. WaveLab 10 grants you access to the audio editing tools that can be utilized in all stages of the professional audio production.
You can use WaveLab 10 to create stereo and multitrack recordings of your podcasts and utilize its professional mastering tools to polish each new recording you make with the audio editor.
- High-end audio recording capabilities
- Excellent sound design features
- Powerful batch-processing tools
- Offers industry-leading audio analysis options
- Aimed only at audio industry professionals
- More expensive than most of its competition
8. Hindenburg Journalist Pro
Compatibility: Windows, macOS
Hindenburg Journalist Pro lets you conduct interviews from the comfort of your home or at a remote location. The software doesn’t compress the files it records and it preserves their quality throughout the editing process.
Furthermore, journalists and podcasters can use this software to record interviews they conduct through Skype, FaceTime or Google Hangouts, while storytellers can record narration even at crowded locations.
Hindenburg Journalist Pro allows you to cut, insert or copy all the material you record with it and offers an easy way to organize all materials you process with the software. Its publishing tools enable you to upload your podcasts to SoundCloud, PRX and other hosting platforms.
- Audio recording setup requires minimum effort
- Well-equipped library of audio effects
- Excellent noise reduction capabilities
- Lets users add chapters, images, and links to podcasts
- Lacks advanced audio editing tools
- No file conversion options
9. Adobe Audition
Price: $20.99 per month
Compatibility: Windows, macOS
Seasoned podcasters don’t need a special introduction to this DAW, because Adobe Audition has set the industry standards for years. Adobe’s iconic audio recording and editing software has everything you are going to need while recording or editing a new episode of your podcast.
You can choose from a variety of podcast templates and set up multitrack recording sessions if you want to record several voices at the same time or access the software’s library of royalty-free sound effects that make your podcasts more entertaining.
The Essential Sound Panel lets you adjust audio levels with utmost precision, while you can also choose if you want to edit the recordings you make with Adobe Audition in Waveform or Multitrack editor.
- Professional audio mixing and mastering tools
- Excellent selection of royalty-free audio effects
- Podcast templates that simplify the multitrack audio recording process
- Effortless noise removal
- The steep learning curve for novice audio engineers
- More expensive than most podcast editing software products on the market
10. Pro Tools
Price: Pricing options start at $29,99 per month
Compatibility: Windows, macOS
Musicians, storytellers or podcasters can use Pro Tools equally effectively to record and edit virtually any type of sound. Moreover, Pro Tools supports collaborations in the cloud and enables you to include other Pro Tool users in your projects.
This DAW lets you add plugins you can use to apply audio effects, adjust EQs or create high-quality reverbs. You connect ProTools to a number of control surfaces that speed up the mixing process and even allow you to mix audio and video. However, the audio editing process in Pro Tools can be challenging for podcasters that don’t have a lot of previous sound engineering experience.
- Supports 1024 MIDI tracks
- Grants complete creative freedom over all projects to its users
- Extensive plugin support
- Provides a broad range of file-sharing options through Avid Link integration
- Aimed only at professional users
- Features more audio recording and editing tools than most podcasters need
Want to make a video and share it on social media platforms but don’t how to get started? Try Wondershare Filmora video editor. Filmor9 is easy to use yet powerful enough to merge audio and video together. Download the free trial version below to have a try.
The audio quality of the podcasts you share with your listeners can be one of the factors that contribute to their popularity. That’s why finding the podcast editing software that preserves the quality of the material you’re processing is an important step towards establishing yourself as a leader in the podcasting niche you selected.
Hopefully, our selection of the best free and paid podcast editing software products is going to help you find a DAW you want to use to record and edit all episodes of your podcasts. Which podcast editing software are you going to choose to record your podcasts? Leave a comment and let us know.
Finding a podcast hosting platform can be a daunting task for podcasters who are just starting out. In this article, we are going to share ten best podcast hosting platforms for different levels.
by Benjamin Arango Sep 01, 2022 20:02 PM
What software do people use to record podcasts? In this article, I’ll introduce some best podcast recording software for Windows and Mac, as always, free podcasting software included.
by Benjamin Arango Jan 30, 2023 17:38 PM
Professional audio editing software is a powerful tool for us to make an amazing video. In this article, you will learn the 8 best professional audio editing software. Check this article to find more.
by Benjamin Arango Dec 12, 2022 10:52 AM