6 Best Free Apps to Compress Videos on Android
If you created a funny video with your friends, or you caught a wonderful scene in nature, you may want to send the video to someone. Or maybe you want to upload it online. The problem is that some videos have a very large file size, which makes uploading or sending it to someone difficult. That is why you may need to compress video on Android before you can send it out.
The good news is that you can easily use free applications on your Android phone to compress those videos. Then you can delete the original video, free up space on your phone, and send the video out to anyone you want! Here are six apps for compressing video on Android.
Before diving in the 6 apps, here are a comparision table analyzed by us in terms of version, file format and so on. I am sure it will give you a comprehensive understanding.
|Video Compress||Resize Video||Video Compressor by Sunshine||Videos & Movies Compressor||Video Dieter 2||Video Compressor|
|Supported File Format||MP3,MP4,AVI,WMV...||/||MP3,MP4...||MP3,MP4,FLV...||MP3,MP4...||MP4,3GP and AVI|
|Share Video Directly||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y|
|Free or Not||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y|
Top Six Free Android Apps for Compressing Video
Video compress makes it much easier to compress videos and then share them on social networks, such as Facebook, Google+, WhatsApp and more.
- Can adjust the video quality between high, normal and low for different levels of compression.
- Easy to use interface and very rapid compression process.
- Supports all video formats.
- Allows audio removal if requested, which reduces file size even further.
- Can convert a video into an audio-only MP3 file if needed.
- Sometimes difficult to delete new video files from the app.
- Feature of sending video to the user through SMS does not always work.
2. Resize Video
With Resize Video, you can compress video on Android phones and tablets with ease. You can pick the video size that is to your liking, and you can even trim the video’s length before compression.
- Easy resizing ability, along with cropping and trimming of videos.
- Remote audio from videos, and add music to videos when you want.
- Share videos on social networks like Facebook, Gmail and more.
- Save and delete videos through the app.
- Some users were unhappy with the level of resizing that occurred with their videos. They wanted their videos shrunk even more.
Video Compressor by Sunshine is one of the few multi-video compressors available on the Play Store. You can turn multiple videos into one compressed file to save space on your phone.
- Compresses many large files into one smaller file, if desired.
- Optimizes file space by overwriting compressed videos to give you an average of 90 percent more space on your phone.
- Options for FHD, HD and SD settings for compression. SD will have the lowest file size.
- Transfer your compressed videos instantly.
- Only compresses files that you create on your phone, not ones that are downloaded from various online sources.
Videos & Movies Compressor offers support for all popular video formats. The application makes it so easy to compress video on Android and then share that video with friends or family.
- All video and movie formats are supported.
- Choose the size through a slider that adjusts shrink level.
- Choose your video through a gallery, which makes it easy to select the correct video.
- Will compress in the background, so you can complete other tasks on your phone.
- No option for compressing multiple videos into one file.
- Sometimes the picture quality is heavily compromised if you compress the size too much.
With Video Dieter, it is very simple to decide how much to compress your video. Remember that each reduction in file size reduces quality, so you will want to find the right balance. The software also makes sharing videos very easy.
- Easy to trim parts of the video you do not want.
- Ability to transcode files very quickly.
- Set the resolution and quality you want before compression begins.
- Ability to slow down videos, or enable time lapse.
- Limited options for changing file names or adjusting where the files are saved.
Video Compressor is one of the easiest ways to reduce the size of your video files before you save them or share them. Even if you have no experience in compressing videos or converting them to other formats, you can get it done with this program.
- Use the gallery to pick the video you want to compress.
- Support for MP4, 3GP and AVI.
- Preview videos before they are shared or saved.
- Some video formats are not supported.
By using any of these free apps, you can compress video on Android devices with ease. Whether you are using your tablet or smartphone, you can compress your video to a much smaller size without compromising on its quality.
Now you can send your videos to friends much faster, and you can upload them easily onto social media sites like Instagram, Facebook, Twitter or Google+. And you do not even need to use a computer or another device – it is all done through these free apps that are available on the Android Play Store!
Product-related questions? Speak directly to our Support Team >>