How to Make Amazing Slow Motion Video on Android Easily
As an Android user, are you dishearted for not being able to record slow-motion videos? With the passing time, the technology has evolved and come up with several apps that can help in making slow-motion videos. You do not have to wait to buy a high-end Android or iOS device to record slow-motion videos. Now, the Android users can easily give a slow motion touch to their videos with the help of slow-motion video apps. Do you want to know how?
Here are some of the best apps to replace the built-in camera for making the slow-motion videos. This article will not only highlight the best apps for creating slow motion videos on Android but also, let you know the difference between slow-motion and timelapse.
Part1: 6 Apps to make slow motion video
This is a great slow motion video app that makes your slow motion videos fun and exciting. You can make the slow-mo videos and directly post on your social media accounts like YouTube or Instagram to share it with your friends. Choose the speed of the output movie with the Slow Motion Video FX app in just a few simple steps.
- Firstly, click on the “Start Slow Motion” button to start shooting the video or select any video from the gallery when you launch the app and it asks you for the option.
- Secondly, select an option from 0-1 for slowing the motion of your video. The best part is that you can change the motion and slow a part of the video instead of the entire video.
- Finally, save the output to the library. Your original video remains saved as it was without any alteration.
Videoshop is a great video editing app for the Android users. Apart from the adjusting color, trimming video, and more features, one of its best feature is it allows you to apply the slow-motion effect to any of your videos. Whether the entire video or a part of it, you can add the slow-motion effect as per your choice. The pros and cons of this app are-
- Cut any unwanted part of the video
- Add music to your video from the Videoshop or your personal library
- Change the motion of the video to either slow or fast
- You can merge several clips into one
- Animate your videos choosing amongst 10 transitions
- Give voice to your video by adding your own voice to it
- Free version also without the watermark
- Many apps support up to 4k resolution videos but Videoshop supports only 720p resolution
- It has no help segment to understand the use of various tools for editing
- Excess effects and content may overload the processing power of the phone
This app is for the sports lovers. For the sports fanatics who wish to match the skills of their favorite athletes and analyze for perfection in their own game, Hudl Technique has no comparison. One of the best apps for the people who wish to share sports-related videos quite often. Analyze the game frame by frame with the Hudl technique app or annotate to explain the faults and space of improvement in the game. The pros and cons of this app are-
- Compare 2 videos side by side
- Synchronization of the compared videos for better analysis
- HD workout recording
- Drawing tools can to used to highlight or measure form
- Athlete’s progress compare and tracking
- Check out videos on athlete’s time, technique or combination to analyze their skill
- Voice recordings not allowed
- To check out the videos of the pro- athletes, you still need to keep waiting
Forget the worries of transferring the files or long procedures. The SloPro app lets you record, do editings, and finally share the smooth and amazing slow-motion videos. It is a great app for the Android smartphone and tab users. SlowPro app allows you to hold back the motion at a slow uniform speed for a certain time and then regains its normal speed. The pros and cons are-
- Easy, simple, and free facility to attain up to 1000 FPS
- In-app trimming feature
- Jump from fast to slow, very fast to very slow, or hyper-slow to hyper-fast
- Share on social networks
- Watermark video output in the free version of the exported video
- No option for adding audio
AndroVid is a handy app with several features and slow-motion effect feature is also a part of it. Along with the slow motion, it also allows you extra features to make your beautiful video. The features are-
- Simple and easy interface
- Add music to your video
- Cut a large video and join some parts and then add slow motion to it
- Convert videos into a gif
- Reverse Videos to see the magic
- Addition of text allowed
- Video to mp3 audio conversion
Whether slow or fast motion, you can add both to your video with this video editing tool. While editing the video in slow motion, you can control the speed till 1/8x and in the fast motion, you can control the speed up to 8x. The pros and cons of Fast & Slow Motion video tool are-
- Convert the output videos into any format asf, avi, flv, mp4, wmv
- Share to any app on your device
- Edit a particular part of your choice and add slow motion
- It has no camera feature so you cannot record video
Part2: Difference Between Slow Motion And Time Lapse
Often, many of you confuse between a slow-motion video and a timelapse video. There is a difference between the two. Do you wish to see a recording for a longer time on screen? The slow-motion videos do exactly the same. A video’s motion is captured at a higher framerate than the actual speed of playback. i.e. the time observation is slowed down. For instance, if you add slow-motion effect to a 2 seconds video, it appears to last longer on the screen.
Whereas, a timelapse video is a sort of fast-forward. A time span that has lasted for long but while depicting it on screen, you speed up the perception of time or the actual time is the time-lapse.
Now, creating slow-motion videos on your Android is easy and fun with the above-mentioned apps. If you are searching for an app that can help in creating the slow-motion videos on your Android device or add slow-motion effect to an existing video, check out the best 6 apps for slow-motion video on Android.
Product-related questions? Speak directly to our Support Team >>