Telegram is a cloud-based instant messaging app for mobile and desktop devices. It's simple, fast, secure, and syncs across all your devices to access your messages from anywhere.
Now, it is also a powerful way to promote your business, drive traffic to your website, and grow your following. It has been a new trend in the marketing industry - Telegram Marketing.
Telegram marketing is promoting your company or product on the Telegram app, which can be done in several ways, such as creating Telegram groups, sending private messages, adding bots, etc. It can increase brand awareness about your product or service among the target audience via public channels or private groups.
If you are still strange to this trend and want to find the way to draw your blueprint on Telegram, you come to the right place. In this article, we will explore the strategies to achieve your Telegram marketing.
In this article
- Part 1. Pros and Cons of Telegram Marketing
- Part 2. Marketing Opportunities on Telegram
- Part 3. Strategies To Promote Your Telegram Business
- Part 4. Using Telegram Marketing Third-party Service
Part 1. Pros and Cons of Telegram Marketing
Firstly, let's look into why we should seize the opportunities to develop marketing on Telegram. Following are the pros of Telegram marketing:
- Cost-effective way to reach a wide audience. This will be presented in the Part 2 and Part 3 of this article.
- Increased user engagement as the there are more and more active users on T
- Improved traffic on the website resulting in increased conversions.
- More brand exposure due to highly active Telegram groups.
Besides, apart from the benefits Telegram Marketing can bring to you, we also list a few cons of it as follows:
- Telegram Is Not a Public Platform: This means your messages will be private as intended. However, it also means that you will have to build your network of followers interested in what you have to say before reaching out to them with marketing messages.
- Difficult Access to a Wider Audience: Telegram is mainly used by cryptocurrency enthusiasts and those already familiar with blockchain technology. As such, it will be difficult for you to reach out to those people who have not heard about blockchain or crypts yet.
- Less Engagement: Another disadvantage of Telegram marketing is less engagement compared to other social media platforms like Facebook and Instagram. It can be challenging to hunt for people who want to follow your brand on Telegram. Also, it won't be easy to keep them engaged in your community after finding them.
- The Inability to Track User Activity: There are no analytics tools available on Telegram. For example, you can't use Google Analytics or other similar tools to track engagement and conversions to understand your target audience and establish what works for them.
- No Public Visibility for Your Brand: No public platform means no public visibility for your brand or product. You can expect only those people to see your marketing content already using the Telegram platform and have added you as a friend.
Part 2. Marketing Opportunities on Telegram
The platform offers marketers a unique opportunity to reach their target audience with relevant content in an engaging way. As a result, brands are turning to Telegram media channels to create more engaging customer experiences. And there are various ways for you to create marketing opportunities on Telegram.
Here are some marketing opportunities you can easily seize on Telegram:
A Quick Guide:
1. Create Your Channels
Telegram channels are a way to broadcast messages to a large group of users to discuss your products, services, and issues, as well as share news and events.
After creating a Telegram channel, you can broadcast messages and share photos, videos, stickers, and documents with your followers.
Here is how you can create a Telegram channel:
Step1 Open the Telegram app, tap the "Pencil Icon," and tap "New Channel."
Step2 Enter the "Channel Name," add a picture and description (optional) and tap the Tick at the top-right corner.
Step3 Next, choose whether your group will be "Public or Private" and whether you want people to be able to subscribe to your channel or not. Tap the Tick afterward.
2. Create Your Telegram Groups
Telegram groups helps you connect with people with the same taste as yours, however, it can be challenging to navigate through these groups if you're new to this platform.
Telegram's group chats have some unique functions that make them stand out from the crowd, such as:
- Make a chat group with up to 200,000 people.
- Share videos and other media.
- Send stickers and memes.
- Share your location.
- Create polls and set reminders.
- Share documents or files.
Here is how you can create a Telegram group:
Step1 Open the settings "menu" in the Telegram application.
Step2 Select "Create Group" in the open above new secret chat.
Step3 Select your contacts and "add" them to your new group.
Step4 Enter a name for your new group, choose a profile picture, and your new group has been created.
3. Create Your Chatbots
Telegram's chatbot allows you to interact with your members automatically to provide information about the business or assist in customer service support.
Telegram chatbots functions are:
- Connect with new bots
- Share images and videos
- Stickers and documents
Creating a chatbot channel on Telegram is relatively simple once you've downloaded the app and set up your account. To do this:
Step1 Open the Settings menu by clicking on the "Bot details" tab in the left-hand corner of your screen.
Step2 Choose any customized template.
Step3 Select the 'Create Bot' button after choosing the template and click Create.
Part 3. Strategies To Promote Your Telegram Business
After knowing how to seize the opportunities on Telegram as the advice mentioned above, it is also time to plan your business in a broader and more general way - what are the strategies to develop your Telegram business? There are different ways of it.
Below are some good development strategies we have chosen for you. When you plan for your business's campaign on Telegram, you can decide which features of Telegram best cater to your object or demand.
Now let's dig in it.
A Quick Guide:
- 1. Joining Other Groups
- 2. Telegram Ads
- 3. Cross-Promotion
- 4. Using Your Business's Websites
- 5. Influencer Marketing by Influencers
1. Joining Other Groups
For a cost-effective way to market your business campaign on Telegram, try joining other groups related to your industry. Search these groups directly or click on links shared in different groups.
It's essential to follow the rules of the groups you're joining. For example, if a group doesn't allow commercial posts or self-promotion, don't post about them. Failing to follow the rules of other groups can result in banishment.
If you hope to know more about the business Telegram group, you can read this article: 20+ Best Telegram Groups to Follow in 2022 [Chat, Dating & Business].
2. Telegram Ads
Placing advertisements on Telegram communities and utilizing different bots is one of the most well-liked methods of online business promotion.
There are some of its benefits:
Telegram ads can be used to bring new visitors to your website or landing page that can help you grow your business.
Your Budget Can Be Easily Balanced
Your ads will be targeted to people who are interested in them so that you won't waste money on irrelevant clicks and impressions.
With Telegram Ads, customers can respond directly through chat, so it's easier to communicate with them and receive feedback about your products/services to improve your marketing strategy based on their needs.
Building Your Community
Telegram ads are a great way to build your community by sharing news, updates, exclusive offers, discounts, and more. Considering this method with the cons listed above and thinking how can you use it to promote your Telegram business.
Cross-promotion is a deal between the admins of two Telegram channels to promote each other by swapping their links. So, they can get people from other channels to join and grow their followers.
If you want to take this route, here are a few pieces of advice to consider:
- Mostly, big channels won't accept your request. So, try to contact admins whose groups have a small to medium members/followers list.
- Once you've created all your groups, start cross-promoting them by sending out @ mentions in other groups.
- Use your combined mailing lists to send out a promotional postcard together.
- Hold a contest where all your partners contribute prizes.
4. Using Your Business's Websites
Add your Telegram link to your website. Make sure it's easy to find by adding it to the top of every page. This will help you get more followers and increase awareness of your brand.
5. Influencer Marketing by Influencers
Influencer marketing is a powerful Telegram marketing strategy for your target audience in which you take the help of influential people to promote your products and services.
These influencers are often bloggers, journalists, and personalities with large followings on social media. However, this strategy will cost you as the influencers can charge a lot to promote your products or services to their following.
Part 4. Using Telegram Marketing Third-party Service
Apart from the opportunities and strategies offered above, you can also make this use of third-party tools or marketing companies to help you promote your product or service on Telegram. Let's take a look at these strategies on-by-one:
A Quick Guide:
- Method 1: Using Telegram Marketing Software & Tools
- Method 2: Using Telegram Marketing Agency and Services
Method 1: Using Telegram Marketing Software & Tools
Here we recommend two software you can use to promote your business on Telegram:
Telegram Auto is a complete Telegram marketing solution to grow members and increase engagement in your Telegram channel.
A few significant features of Telegram Auto are:
- Grow your members by exporting your competitor's Telegram group members.
- Send bulk messages to groups without joining any of them.
- Export Telegram active group member IDs to a CSV file.
Telegram Auto has a 4.0 rating on Trustpilot.com, and the monthly plans cost $12-$900, depending on the views you want.
Telegram Sender is a marketing tool for Telegram that lets you reach out to members of your group or channel. It allows you to import group IDs, export user names, and start a marketing campaign in three easy steps.
The primary feature of the Telegram Sender is that you have the advantage of sending computer and phone applications and can create private channels for bulk messages.
Currently, there are no ratings of the Telegram Sender software on G2 or Trustpilot, and the price solely depends on your needs but comes with a free trial.
Method 2: Using Telegram Marketing Agency and Services
Telegram marketing agencies can help you reach out to people worldwide in your target market. Any business can use these marketing services from any country.
Here are the two best marketing agencies and services which you can use to promote your business on Telegram:
Growth Hackers is a performance-driven Telegram marketing and advertising agency to drive quality traffic to your website or app. This helps you get more leads/users, boost your sales and get a positive return on investment (Ad spend).
Growth hackers reveal Telegram marketing prices after you fill in a questionnaire about your business and promotion needs.
Alexander Yazdi, CEO of Voodoo, has hired Growth hackers and was able to raise over $200 million.
Sitevela is another great Telegram marketing agency for business-to-business and business-to-customer promotional strategies. They provide smart, newest, and sophisticated methods to connect with your audience and address their needs.
The Telegram marketing services start from $95/month and shoot up to $1000/month, depending on your budget.
In this guide, we've discussed Telegram marketing with examples so that you can understand it easily. We have also told you about different methods like creating channels, groups, and chatbots.
Furthermore, we've discussed strategies to promote your business on Telegram with the help of software/tools and hiring marketing agencies.
Hopefully, you now know how Telegram marketing works and how you can get the most out of your business by promoting your products and service on this ad-free platform.