Maybe you've got some MP4 files that take up too much space on your computer or portable devices (iPhone, iPad, iPod, Xbox, etc.). Let's be honest, do you really need all those hours of video? Want to split some of them, say, 3 minutes of your favorite scenes rather than 90 minutes? So it's pointless to keep the beginning, end or other useless big stuff. What should you do? Using the Wondershare Filmora (originally Wondershare Video Editor) (Filmora for Mac) introduced below, it couldn't be easier to trim them.
Confused about different kinds of formats? Check out this video to learn what video format is and differences between video formats.
- Part 1: How to Trim MP4 Video Files
- Part 2: How to Trim/Split/Rotate/Crop/Merge MP4 Video Files(Video Tutorial)
Easy-to-use MP4 Trimmer: Wondershare Filmora (originally Wondershare Video Editor)
- The user-friendly interface enables you to easily find what you want.
- One-click to trim MP4(MPEG/MPG) videos with no quality loss.
- Improve your video by adding effects, transitions, intro/credits and filters.
- Save your video into different formats, burn to DVD or upload online.
- Supported OS: Windows (Windows 8 included) & Mac OS X (above 10.6).
- 30 Day Free Trial with access to all features, download a free trial version below:
Part 1:How to Trim MP4 Video File
1. Add your videos to this MP4 trimmer
Two ways available: 1) Click "Import" to load mp4 files from your computer. 2) Drag and drop files to the interface. Then drag a MP4 file and drop to the timeline.
Note: if you have several MP4 files, you have to trim them one by one.
2. Detailed instruction to trim MP4 files
You can choose either of below ways to meet your requirements.
- Trim from the beginning or from the ending part Mouse over the left or right edge of your MP4 file on Timeline, and when the "double arrow" indicator appears, drag to trim to any length as you want.
- Split your MP4 file into several parts and get your wanted clip Play your MP4 video, drag the slide in the preview window to your desired location, click "Pause", then choose "split", your video is divided into two parts. You can repeat this to get your wanted part then delete the others.
3. Export your trimmed MP4 files
Hit Create button, then you will go to the Output window. You can choose MP4 as the output format, or convert to other formats like WMV, AVI, VOB, MKV, FLV, etc. If you want to share your videos on YouTube directly or burn MP4 video to DVD discs for better preservation, please go for it. Then click Create icon and you are done.