- • How to Edit Videos for YouTube
- 1. Overview of YouTube Video Editor
- 2. YouTube Video Editor Guide
- 3. Best YouTube Video Editing Tools
- 4. Editing in Hot Editors
- 5. Tools for Customizing YouTube Channel
- 6. Editing on Different Devices
- 7. Advanced Editing Tips+
- 7.1 Video Color Correction for YouTube Beauty
- 7.2 How to Make Killer YouTube Channel Art
- 7.3 How to Create a Channel Trailer
- 7.4 How to Record the Screen and Upload it to YouTube
- 7.5 Add Text to YouTube Video Before/After Uploading
- 7.6 Best 10 Screen Recorders for YouTube
- 7.7 Top 10 Game Video Recorders
- 7.8 How to Slow Down YouTube Videos
- 7.9 How to make GIF from YouTube videos
- 7.10 Green Screen Background for YouTube Videos
YouTube Slow: How to Slow Down YouTube Videos [3 Ways]
Have you ever wanted to learn something from a YouTube video, but found that the video is too fast? If you are wondering how to slow down YouTube videos, then you’re in the right place. Well, there are different ways to slow down YouTube videos and in this article, we will show you how to slow down the YouTube videos with 3 most effective ways: slow down the YouTube videos by changing playback video speed at playback, slow down YouTube video using YouTube's Video Editor tools or change YouTube video speed to slow down or speed up with Wondershare Filmora9 video editor .
- Part 1: How to Play YouTube Videos in Slow Motion
- Part 2: Add Slow Motion with Wondershare Filmora9 (originally Wondershare Video Editor)
- Part 3: Add Slow Motion with YouTube Video Editor
Part 1: YouTube Slow Down: How to Play YouTube Videos in Slow Motion
While, you can now change the speed of any YouTube videos easily and watch YouTube videos in slow motion in a few steps. Below is how to slow down YouTube Videos:
- Open the video in YouTube
- Click the Settings icon on the bottom right and then you will see Autoplay, Annotations, Speed, Subtitles, and Quality options. By default, the speed is set to Normal. Click Speed and open the speed change options. The speed options are in multiples.
- Choose the target video speed from 0.25x, 0.5x, 0.75x to slow down the play back speed of the YouTube video. You can also select 1.25x, 1.5x, 1.75x or 2x to fast forward this YouTube video depending on how fast or slow you want the playback of the YouTube video to be.
- That’s it how to make a YouTube video slow down by changing the playback speed. If you selected 0.5X, you will see the playback speed is half of the original speed. You can now see the YouTube video is played back in a slower speed.
Besides, watching YouTube videos in slow motion, you can also make a slow motion video and upload to YouTube. The Flash from Zootopia is so impressive and you can see a lot of memes and gifs online about this funny cute sloth. In the following part, we will show you how to make a slow motion YouTube video like the sloth Flash in two ways by adding slow motion effects.
Wondershare Filmora9 is an easy-to-use yet powerful video editing tool to which let beginners edit their YouTube videos in minutes. It includes every classic video editing functions including adjust playback speed, trim, crop, rotate, split as well as many special editing features like Jump Cut, Mosaic Blur and Tilt Shift. Now let's see how to add slow motion with this video editing software.
Step 1. Import Video Footage to Filmora9 Video Editor
First of all, you need to import all your video footage for YouTube videos to Filmora9. If you want to slow down a video downloaded from online, like youtube, please make sure there is copyright issue for you to use the video before processing. In case that you want to download YouTube with free youtube downloader, you can try Wondershare Free Youtube Downloader and Video DownloadHelper (Firefox Add-on).
After downloading YouTube videos on hard disk, you can now import it to this YouTube video editor. The downloaded YouTube videos is usually in FLV format, and Filmora9 has a wide range of support for video formats, which includes FLV as well. You can either click "Import" on the primary windows and select YouTube FLV video file from your computer, or simply drag and drop YouTube FLV file to the User's Album. Next, drag YouTube video from User's Album to Timeline for editing.
Step 2. One click to add slow motion to YouTube video
On the Timeline, click on the added YouTube video and select Speed and Duration to open up the video custom speed window. You will see the Speed option, Duration, Reverse Speed and Ripple Edit options. and the speed number indicates fast or slow motion. To slow down the YouTube video, drag the speed slider to left and you get a slow down version of the YouTube video. You can slow down the YouTube video in 0.01x. Click the OK button to save the slow motion settings and then click the Play button in the preview windows to have a look at the new YouTube slow down video. You can also change the duration of the YouTube video to change the YouTube video speed. For example, if you want to slow down a 30-second YouTube video to half speed, you can just enter the duration to 60 seconds to get a slow down motion effect.
With Filmora9 youtube video editor, you can also add the slow motion effects to some certain clips of the video footage. What you need to do is use the split feature to split the video first. Learn more details about How to Cut / Split / Trim Videos without Quality Loss
Step 3. Export slow down YouTube video
You could continue editing YouTube videos. When all done, click "Export" to save the result. You can save YouTube video in any popular formats on the computer by clicking "Format". If you want to play YouTube video on iPod, iPhone, iPad, click "Device" and select your device. You can also share the YouTube video up to YouTube or Vimeo directly or burn YouTube video to DVD.
See, with Filmora9 video editor you can slow down YouTube videos with ease, what’s more, you can also apply reverse effects to play Youtube videos backwards. Download and try this YouTube Slow motion effect and you will master how to slow down YouTube videos.
Related: How to Make Slow/Fast Motion Videos
Updated: From 20th September 2017 users will no longer be able to use the complimentary editing suite. Check the best YouTube video editor alternatives from this complete guide.
If you've ever been annoyed by the speed of your user-generated videos on YouTube, try out its own video editor. As YouTube has added a new "slow motion" tool to its YouTube Editor, it does pretty much exactly what it sounds like. Here is a simple guide on how to add slow motion with it.
Step 1: Get Access to YouTube Video Editor. You can either go directly to the URL, which is https://www.youtube.com/editor, or click "Upload">"Edit" to the Video Editor tab.
Step 2: Drag your video on the timeline and double click it. In the pop up window, you will see the "Slow Motion" option. Enable it and then select how slow you want the video to be. This applies the effect to the entire video that you've selected.
If you just want to slow down parts of the video, go back to the main editing tab, clip it from the original video using the slicing tool and add the slow-motion effect to that clip only. You can then arrange the different clips you have in the editor to create your final video.
Step 3: Tick the option "Preview effects side-by-side" with original video and then you can see how the original video plays compared to the one you've slowed down. If you're happy with the result, hit "Done" to save the settings.
Above are the 3 ways that you can watch a YouTube video in slow motion, and slow down YouTube videos. You can directly change the playback speed of the YouTube video on Youtube, or download the YouTube video first and then slow down the speed of the YouTube video with some video editing software for YouTube like Filmora9. No matter which way you prefer, we hope these information can help you slow down youtube videos.
Product-related questions? Speak directly to our Support Team >>