Finding a video cutter that can easily cut large videos on Mac can be difficult. The right video cutter for Mac will make it easy to cut and share videos. It will also be easy to use and offer basic and advanced editing features. Fortunately, some video editing software we found can help you cut and easily edit your videos. These video cutters reviewed in this article cut across different experience levels and are categorized between free and paid. Let’s take a look at the best video cutter for large videos on Mac we could find.
Best Large Video Cutter on Mac - Filmroa Video Editor
Supported System: Mac and Windows
Cutting large videos is not easy if you don’t have the right tools to achieve that. That’s where Filmora Video Editor enters the picture. It combines simplicity and several excellent features to offer you the best video cutter for Mac. It doesn’t just provide you with the basic cutting features but also several editing tools to create fantastic videos. In addition, its user interface is intuitive and easy to navigate by new editors and professionals.
Filmora Video Editor offers several customization features and advanced features to make your video look sleek and professional. This means it provides motion tracking, the addition of images, filters, effects, texts, and several other tools. When exporting your files, you have a wide variety of options as this large video cutter offers different output formats to select from. It also allows you to share your video directly to any social media network you would prefer. Most importantly, it is compatible with every version of MacOS.
- It supports various video formats like AVI, MOV, MP4, MKV, and several others
- It only takes a few clicks to cut, trim, and split videos
- Impressive video editing features
- Intuitive and user-friendly interface that ensures a gentle learning curve
- You can cut your video without losing the quality level
- Several video effects to make your video stunning
- It offers additional features like transitions, motion elements, color corrections, animated titles, etc.
- Allows you to burn video to DVD or share directly
- It might not have the most advanced features
Steps to Easily Cut Large Videos On Mac Using Filmora Video Editor
Cutting large videos on Filmora is relatively easy when you follow the proper steps. Below, we’ve outlined the steps you should take when you want to cut large videos on Mac using Filmora Video Editor.
· Step One: Import Large Video
Once you Install Filmora on your Mac, launch and click ‘new project’ on the home screen to start your video cutting journey. Now, import the video you want to cut by selecting ‘import’ on the main interface and selecting the files from your computer. Alternatively, you can drag the large video to your timeline.
· Step Two: Manually Cut the Large Video
After adding the video to the timeline, drag the playhead at the beginning to the part you would like your large video to begin and right-click on it. You can then select ‘trim start to playhead to cut your video to your preference. Repeat this with the end of your video but select ‘trim end to playhead’ this time.
· Step Three: Export Your Newly Cut Video
After cutting your video and carrying out basic editing on your video, you can now save your video. Next, click the ‘export’ button, and you can choose the output format of your video, frame rate, and resolution. You can also share directly to YouTube, Vimeo, and other social media platforms or burn the video to a DVD.
More Free Large Video Cutter on Mac to Cut Large Videos Faster
The first large video cutters we’ll be reviewing in this article are available for free. Although they’re not professional video editing software, they can help you easily cut large videos on Mac in just a few minutes. Therefore, if you’re looking for a free video cutter for Mac, you should keep reading.
GihoSoft Free Video Cutter
Supported System: Mac and Windows
This free video cutting software helps you cut large video files within a few minutes. You can either cut the video into smaller clips or eliminate all other clips reducing the video into one little clip. This large video cutter is relatively easy to use, and it comes with a friendly user interface which makes it ideal for beginners. The best part is that it supports varying video formats and resolutions. However, as the name implies, you can only use it to cut videos. It doesn’t offer other video editing features.
Gihosoft Video cutter offers a fast processing speed and supports popular video formats like AVI, MOV, FLV, MP4, etc. It also saves your video in the same input format to maintain its quality. You can also cut different clips and join them using this video cutting software for free.
- It is free to use
- It offers a clean and intuitive user interface
- Ideal for beginners
- Supports different input and output video formats
- Allows you to join clips from various videos
- There are no editing features
- The saving process can be slow
Steps to Cut Large Videos on Mac Using Gihosoft Free Video Cutter
Gihosoft Video Cutter is relatively easy to use. Below, you’ll find the steps to cut large videos on Mac with this free cutter quickly.
- Firstly, download and install this free video cutter on your Mac. Once you do this, launch the software, and you can begin.
- Add files to the timeline by clicking the ‘add files’ to import a large video file to this video cutter.
- Next, set the start and endpoint of your video by moving the two sliders in the timeline. Alternatively, you can manually enter the beginning and end times you want.
- Hit the ‘cut’ button once you’re satisfied with the timing.
- After cutting, you can save your video in your preferred location on your PC
Supported System: Mac
iMovie is a household name in the Apple family due to its popularity amongst Mac owners. Apple device owners commonly use it for editing videos. It is pretty functional and great for making your video clips look professional. Cutting large videos on Mac using iMovie is quite a simple process. This is the best option if you’re using Mac and looking for a free and straightforward video cutter.
One of the reasons this large video cutter is a good choice because it supports high resolutions. This Mac video cutter supports up to 4k video resolution. It also supports different input and output video formats. In addition, its intuitive and user-friendly interface makes it an excellent choice for beginners. However, it lacks advanced editing features if that’s what you’re looking for.
- It is free to use
- It supports high video resolutions
- Its simple user interface makes it ideal for beginners
- It offers various preset templates to enhance your video
- It supports several input and output formats
- Lacks advanced editing features
Steps to Cut Large Video on Mac Using iMovie
iMovie is quite a simple editing software that makes it easy for users with little editing experience to cut large videos on Mac. Follow the steps below to cut videos on Mac easily.
- Open iMovie on your Mac and select ‘file’ on the menu; choose ‘open project’ from the dropdown menu.
- Next, select the video you would like to cut. Alternatively, you can simply drag it to the timeline to start editing.
- Drag the playhead to mark off where you would like to cut; repeat this process at the end of the video.
- Afterward, click ‘edit’ and choose ‘split video clip’ to split the clip.
- Next, select the parts you don’t want and hit ‘delete’ on your keyword.
- You can split and delete clips ad many times as you want till you have the portion you’re looking for.
- Afterward, save your file, and you can also share it directly to your social media accounts.
Supported System: Mac and Windows
A free video cutter that’s quite useful for cutting large video files is Tuneskit. It is free to use and allows you to cut large video files into smaller clips while maintaining its high quality. It is easy to utilize, and you can cut and trim your videos within a few minutes. The best bast is the lossless quality feature after cutting or combining several clips.
This video cutting tool supports various popular formats like AVI, MP4, FLV, MPEG, etc. The video joining feature also allows you to merge multiple videos you cut without losing the quality of the original quality. You can also convert the video to a new format when saving your video. Tuneskit also allows users to share cut videos to user platforms. You can also utilize its editing tools to customize your videos and add a personalized touch. However, this video cutter only offers essential editing tools, which is ideal for beginners.
- Superfast video processing
- It supports several input and output video format
- Maintains video quality after editing
- Offers basic editing video
- Simple user interface for easy navigation
- It only offers basic editing features
Steps to Cut Large Videos on Mac Using Tuneskit
You have to download Tuneskit on your Mac device to get started. Next, install the app and then launch it to begin. Once you launch the app, follow the steps below to cut large videos on Mac.
- Firstly, you have to import the video you want to cut by clicking ‘import’ on the file tab.
- Next, edit the file by clicking ‘edit,’ which is an icon you can find next to every video segment.
- Now, move the slider at the beginning of the video to your preference. Carry out the same action for the end of the video till you have your desired cut.
- Now, click ‘cut’ to cut your video. Afterward, save the video and choose the output format you want.
More Paid Large Video Cutter on Mac to Cut Large Videos Faster
Now that you know the best free large video cutter on Mac to cut large videos faster, below are the top three paid large video cutters on Mac.
Final Cut Pro
Supported System: Mac and Windows
Final Cut Pro is a video cutting software released by Apple, and it is one of the best professional large video cutters you can find. Despite its professionalism, it offers you a basic user interface that makes it easy to navigate the video editor. It is also relatively easy and allows users to efficiently advance their skills to a professional level while using the editing software. Additionally, you can easily add your social media accounts to share edited videos to each platform directly.
Apart from the easy cutting of large videos on Mac, Final Cut Pro offers cutting-edge editing tools that ensure smooth and professional results. Final Cut Pro’s features include project workflow, color correction, trimming, closed caption, audio enhancement, etc. In addition, Final Cut Pro supports various video formats and resolutions to work with. However, it is not a suitable option if you have no previous video editing, as there’s a steep learning curve involved.
- It provides users with 360-degree video editing
- Final Cut Pro supports various video formats and resolutions
- It offers an intuitive user interface
- It offers fast video processing and saving process
- It provides basic and advanced editing tools
- It is quite pricey
- It is not the best choice for beginners
Steps to Easily Cut Large Videos on Mac Using Final Cut Pro
- First, download and install Final Cut Pro on your device, and then launch to start the video cutting process.
- Next, import the media you would like to cut by clicking ‘import media file’ and choosing the file you want to edit. You can also drag the video directly to your timeline to start editing.
- Once you identify the part you would like to edit, drag the tail of the clip to where you would prefer. Repeat this process at the beginning and the end of the video. Afterward, click ‘cut’ to cut the clip.
- Now you can save the cut video to your Mac by clicking ‘file’ and choosing ‘save’ from the dropdown menu.
You can also share your cut video directly from Final Cut Pro to your preferred destination. You can change the output video format if you prefer.
VideoPad Video Editor
Supported System: Mac and Windows
Some large video cutters can be frustrating for new editors; you won’t have that problem with VideoPad. This tool is easy to use even with no prior editing experience. It contains all the essential tools to cut and edit your video. It also supports different file types, including AVI, MOV, MP4, MPEG, etc. It also allows you to change the output format of your video and share it directly on social media platforms. You can also burn the newly cut video to DVD or CD.
With VideoPad Video Editor, you don’t have to worry about losing the quality of your large video after cutting. It offers impressive video editing features like transitions, color correcting, speed adjustment, and various visual elements. You can split large videos easily with its fast-processing system. Its intuitive user interface makes it quite easy to navigate.
Apart from basic editing, professionals would also find this large video cutter impressive as it offers 3D editing, green screen support, 360-degree editing, and video stabilization. Overall, this is an excellent video cutter if you want a versatile editor that offers tools to enhance your video.
- Ideal for beginners and professionals
- It supports common file types
- Intuitive user interface
- Offers basic and advanced editing tools
- Relatively high price
Steps to Easily Cut Large Videos on Mac Using VideoPad Video Editor
- First, you have to download and install VideoPad on your device.
- Next, launch the app and click ‘open’ on the home tab. This will allow you to add the video you would like to edit. Alternatively, click Cmd+O or drag the video to the media bin.
- After adding the video, drag it to the sequence timeline to start cutting your large video.
- To cut a part of the video, select it by placing a cursor at the start of the video. Hover over the red line till it changes to a double-sided arrow. Drag the pointer to where you would like the video to begin; repeat this for the end of the video. Right-click over the region and click ‘split’ to separate the clip from other parts.
- Select the fragments and click the trash can button next to the cursor to delete them. Repeat this for all pieces till only your video is left.
- Once you’re done, click ‘save project’ to save the newly edited video. You can also export the video by clicking ‘export video’ and choosing the platform to which you would like to export.
Adobe Premiere Pro
Supported System: Windows and Mac
One of the best large video cutters for Mac that you’ll find out there is Adobe Premiere Pro. This video cutting software supports a vast number of video formats and resolutions. It also offers users built-in editing tools that you can use to enhance your video. Most cinematographers find this tool quite useful due to its advanced editing features. It also ensures your video quality is not lost after editing.
Adobe Premiere Pro allows you to add filters, trim audio and video, and add texts and other visual elements to your video. It has an impressive media library that gives you access to a vast range of effects. You can also modify the output format of your video or use any of the existing presets to enhance your video. However, Adobe Premiere Pro has a steep learning curve and might not be suitable for beginners.
- It offers high-quality tools to edit your video
- Fast processing feature
- Supports vast video formats and resolutions
- Offers basic and advanced editing tools
- Allows you to share your video directly to social media platforms
- It is too advanced for beginners
Steps for Cutting Large Video on Mac Using Adobe Premiere Pro
Cutting large videos on Adobe Premiere Pro is relatively easy with the steps below.
- Firstly, download and install Adobe Premiere Pro on your Mac. After installation, launch the app to begin.
- Next, create a new Premiere Pro project and create the right name you would like to save it as.
- Now, import the large video you want to cut into Adobe Premiere Pro. You can either drag the video into the project clip tab or go to ‘file’ and choose ‘import’ from the menu. Navigate to the file’s location and choose the video.
- Now select the video on the timeline; a white border will appear around the clip to show your selection.
- Pick the razor tool on the menu or press C on your keyboard to start cutting the large file.
- To cut the video clip, hover the razor over any part of the video and split wherever you prefer. You can make multiple cuts on the video. However, if you want an accurate cut, simply move the playhead to the part you’ll like to begin the cut and then use the razor to cut.
- Now you can delete any fragment you want by selecting it and pressing delete on your PC.
Once you have a clean-cut, you can save or share your video.
Which Should I Choose, Free or Paid Large Video Cutter on Mac?
There are different video-cutting software available that offer varying editing features to enhance your video. However, some are free, while others require a subscription. Therefore, it can be pretty challenging to figure out the best option for your video cutting needs. Below are some factors to consider when choosing between a paid or free video cutter on Mac.
· Intuitive Workflow
Some software is quite difficult to operate, and you could spend hours figuring out how each tool works. An efficient video cutting software makes all tools easy to use. Ensure the large video cutter you choose ensures a seamless workflow to improve your efficiency. In addition, a fast-processing feature is necessary to reduce the editing time significantly.
Another factor that’s important to consider is your budget. You can use free software, but you need to note that the features are limited. If the tool doesn’t offer you the features you’re looking for, you might need to subscribe to a paid video cutter. Always choose a video cutter that falls within your budget.
· Experience Level
Are you looking to develop your editing skills? Then a paid large video cutter is the best option for you. There are usually advanced and basic tools available to help you edit your skills. However, a paid video cutter also offers you more functionality that can help you learn how to create impressive edited videos.
Overall, you want a video editor with an easy learning curve and one that meets your needs effectively. The goal is to get a video editor that will provide you with more editing tools to enhance your video. It is pretty easy to outgrow free video cutters because of their limited features. However, if you’re choosing a paid video cutter, ensure it isn’t made for professionals and, therefore, is challenging to navigate.
FAQs About Cutting Large Videos
- What is video cutting software? This software allows you cut a video into different parts without changing the video quality. This type of software will enable you to cut large-sized videos in no time; you can choose from the video cutters above.
- Does cutting videos affect its quality? This depends on the video cutter used. While some video cutters allow a loss of video quality when cutting videos, some ensure the video quality remains the same throughout the cutting process.
- Are video cutters safe? Yes, most video cutters are safe. The options above are secure and prevent malware attacks on your PC.
You’ll find the best large video cutters to cut videos on your Mac above. Most of the video cutters above support various video formats and ensure your video remains in the original quality after saving. Several software reviewed above also offers additional features you can use to upgrade your videos. Finally, we recommend Filmora Video Editor as it provides several basic and advanced features to help you create the best videos.