Why You Should Master Slideshows in Lightroom, Fresh Insight
An easy yet powerful editor
Numerous effects to choose from
Detailed tutorials provided by the official channel
Adobe Lightroom is an image manipulation software which is developed by Adobe Inc. It is used for editing, importing, saving and sharing a large no. of digital images. Lightroom editing functions include HSL, colour grading, lens correction, white balance, the transformation of spot removal, red-eye correction and adjustment brushing. Lightroom has a feature of slideshow module which you must have heard about it before.
The process of creating a slideshow video can be time-consuming but once you have created it, you can rewind your memories in just 3-4 minutes. If you want you can share the video on your social media accounts.
Part 1 What is lightroom and what advantages does it have for making slideshows?
Lightroom helps in editing the images and it allows the users to edit the images by using external features. Photographers usually like working on the lightroom because it is a very popular and easy tool. It is perfect for beginners and graphic designers who are looking for an easy and straightforward editor.
Lightroom is used for image retouching. Lightroom includes improving the color tone, color balance, cropping, filters, removing red-eye effect, and many more things. Lightroom supports some the image formats like JPEG, PSD, PNG and TIFF. You can also edit the raw images.
● Easy to use - The lightroom interface is less complex, which makes it easy to use especially for the newcomers.
● Tidy interface - In lightroom, it is easier to search for images as it gathers the metadata on each image on its own. So you can find the image with a very specific date, time, resolution, model, etc.
● Editing capabilities - With editing capabilities like contrast, exposure, clarity, warmth, and saturation, Lightroom can give the desired look to the image which photographers want to create.
Part 2 What do slideshows in Lightroom do to a different group of people?
01Enable or Disable People View
If you are a beginner and people view is disabled, all pre-existing face model data is deleted from lightroom servers. Lightroom will no longer analyze new images and will not group them in clusters automatically. You need to enable it so that the lightroom desktop can analyze images in the cloud to identify people and form clusters in people's view.
02View people in your photos
● In the My Photos panel at the upper-left side of the screen, select People to view the people view. You can access People clusters in which each cluster contains images of a particular person. Below the cover photo of each cluster, you can see the total number of photos for each person.
● To view photos of that person you can click on any cluster. In the cluster at the upper right corner of the screen, you can view the total number of photos.
03Sort options in People View
To sort People clusters follow the steps:
● In the My Photos panel at the upper left side of the screen, select People to view People View.
● Click on the three dots at the upper right corner of the screen, from the drop-down list select Sort By, and then select the following option:
● First Name: Sort the clusters in the alphabetical order of the first name.
● Last Name: Sort the clusters in the alphabetical order of the last name.
● Count: Sort the clusters with the highest number of photos to the least no. of photos in a cluster.
Part 3 How to create a professional-looking slideshow with Lightroom?
Do you know that you can create a professional-looking slideshow using lightroom? Here are some steps that you can follow to make a professional-looking slideshow.
Step 1 - Photo selection
The first thing you have to do is select the images you want to include in making the slideshow. There are a lot of ways to do this in Lightroom.
● In the grid view select the photos you want to include. Select CTRL (CMD) key and click on each image.
● Add those images to Quick Collection because it is easiest to work with. Click the B key to add them to the quick collection.
● It will be added to the collection panel when you will name the collection for the slideshow.
Step 2 - Arrange the photos
Now, it is time for arranging the photos in a sequence in which you want them to watch in a slideshow. If you want to rearrange them simply drag and drop each image in the grid view where you want to make them appear in a slideshow.
Try to arrange the photos in such a way so that they can tell a story to the viewers who are watching it.
Step 3 – Create a slideshow
Once you have arranged the photos in a sequence, then create a slideshow.
● Click on the ‘slideshow’ menu given at the top of your screen.
● This will lead you to the slideshow module view in lightroom.
● Click on the ‘Create Slideshow’ given at the top right of the central panel.
● Add a name to your slideshow and then click on create.
● Once you have created it and named your slideshow, all the changes will be automatically saved in lightroom.
Step 4 – Select a template for a slideshow
From the template browser given on the left-hand side panel, you can select a template for your slideshow. Before adding anything, do a run-through on your slideshow to see how it looks.
Step 5 – Designing the lightroom slideshow
You can customize your slideshow to make it more professional. You can make following changes or enrichments by using the features given at the right-hand side panel:
● Titles - You can add text, company logo, introduction or any other important information. You can easily add these things in your slideshow in lightroom.
● Watermarks and overlays - You can add watermarks and custom overlay text in every slide you want to by using the overlays windows.
● Layout - You can change the spacing for each slide by unselecting the Link All Box and selecting the ratio which you prefer. Although the program automatically sets the spacing for each slide.
● Options – You can add a frame or you can change the border it allows you to select how your images are going to be displayed in each slide.
● Background – You can add a background to enhance an image, not to divert attention from it. You can add an image as your background or add any colour as your background. You can create background by using various options available.
● Music – You can add music of your choice using an mp3 file.
● Transitions - Setting a transitions between the slides can really make a huge impact on your overall experience. You can use the auto option or you can set the transitions manually.
Step - 6 Completion of slideshow
Once you have made all the desired changes, you can press "Play" option to run the slideshow. If you still want to make any changes you can go back and change whatever you like. Once it’s done and you are happy with the results it’s time to export the slideshow in the form of video or PDF.
Part 4 Hot FAQs about slideshow in lightroom
Q1. How can you make a slideshow in lightroom?
A. You can create a slideshow by using the slideshow module in lightroom, where you can select templates, layouts, add tiles or songs, choose transitions and playback options.
Q2. Where is the slideshow module in lightroom?
A. Start by clicking on ‘slideshow’ option given at the top menu of your screen. This will open the slideshow module view in lightroom. The right and left panels in slideshow module will look different than the ones in the library module.
Q3. How can you change the sequence of the photos in slideshow lightroom?
A. You can control the order of the photos in a Lightroom folder by dragging and dropping each image from one place to the other in the filmstrip view. To rearrange grab the image and drag on it until you see a black bar appear between two images.
Q4. What is the transition effect in slideshow?
A. Transitions are often called – the movement you see when slide changes to another slide in a slideshow. They are different from animation effect. You can set it manually or with an auto option.
Q5. How to make your slideshow more attractive?
A. There are a lot of options to make your look slideshow more attractive. By using the beautiful template, layouts, background and adding transitions with the perfect time ratio. This will enhance the look of your slideshow and will make it more attractive.
If you are not able to follow the interface of lightroom you can consider Filmora for making attractive slideshows. Wondershare Filmora Video Editor allows you to crop, pan and zoom the slideshow automatically or manually by applying pan and zoom photo placement. It has its own music track and sound effect gallery that allows you to customize the slideshows. Filmora allows you to record your own voiceovers as well. It has also fade-in, fade-out effects with amazing transitions. It exports the videos at resolutions of up to 4K.
● Ending Thoughts →
● Adobe Lightroom is one of the best software for making slideshows due to its amazing features like color grading, red eye correction, transformation of spot removal, white balance etc.
● Lightroom has a feature of slideshow module in which you can create quality slideshow presentations for your business.
● If you are not able to use lightroom you can consider using Filmora for creating amazing slideshows.