MP3 Cutter for Mac - Which is the Best MP3 Cutter on Mac?
Sep 23, 2021• Proven solutions
Whether you run a podcast or are a musician who wants to share audio files through Spotify, SoundCloud, YouTube, or any other platform or smartphone app, you need to cut and edit your MP3 files before the final product is ready. Having access to a reliable and feature-rich MP3 cutter for Mac enables you to edit the audio file in a manner that helps you in delivering the exceptional listening experience your audience expects.
This is why it is important to pick your MP3 cutter for Mac wisely while taking into consideration a wide range of factors. Some of the top factors include reliability, performance, cost, and ease of use. If you are just a beginner in this space or don't want access to highly advanced editing features that professionals use, you can do a great job with the following MP3 cutters that are available on Mac.
You May Also Like: How to cut MP3 songs on Mac
It is feature-rich audio as well as a video editor that allows beginners to edit their audio and video files quickly and easily. It has been specially designed for audio editing amateurs with a simple and user-friendly layout that ensures there is an easy learning curve. With the help of Filmora, you can record your music and voice using a built-in feature and also use it to trim, merge, split, and cut your MP3 files.
Apart from that, you can also make necessary adjustments to volume, pitch, and speed ensuring that your audio has the clarity you need. You can use Filmora X for personal use as well to create customized ringtones by cutting songs and add special sound effects to your presentation.
- Cut, merge, split, and edit MP3 files
- Adjust tempo, speed, pitch, and volume of your audio
- Add special effects including detaching MP3 audio, fade in and out
- Wide support for popular audio formats including AAC, MP3, AC3, APE, AU, FLAC, M4A, MP2, OGG, WAV, WMA, and more
- Ability to edit multi-audio tracks and add background music or voiceovers
- Zero loss of quality with fast editing
- May does not have the professional-grade MP3 cutting features
MP3 Cutter 2. MixPad for Mac
Although it has an archaic user interface, MixPad offers a wide range of features including multi-track editing. You can merge multiple MP3 files to create a new file along with splitting them into separate MP3 files. All you need to do is tap a few buttons and you are good to go. Apart from that, you can also record and edit your own music and another type of audio as well. Editing features include joining, recording, trimming, and merging audio files.
While the user interface is a bit daunting to look at, it is quite easy to use and provides all the basic editing features you are looking for. A good option for beginners who don't want to spend a lot of money on professional software.
- Easy to learn user-friendly interface
- Includes all the basic editing functions including trimming, merging, and splitting
- Capability to record your own audio and music
- An old fashioned interface that doesn't look as modern
- Only basic functionality is available
- Not as feature-rich as Filmora or professional-grade MP3 cutters
MP3 Cutter 3. TunesKit MP3 Cutter
If you are searching for affordable options, you can also consider TunesKit MP3 Cutter for Mac which is an all-around media editor. You can trim, merge, and edit your audio as well as video files without losing any quality. It also supports a wide range of formats including WMV, OGG, MP4, and 3GP.
The software offers a free version which you can try before you pay for the premium version. This will allow you to identify whether the software meets your MP3 cutting requirements fully or not.
- Support for a wide range of formats like MP3, AAC, AC3, OGG, APE, and more
- Easy to use software with a free trial
- Access to basic MP3 cutting options including trim, merge, and edit
- Outputs lossless audio quality for a premium listening experience
- No support for advanced formats like FLAC
- The user interface isn't as modern and maybe too simple
- Not as feature-rich as Filmora when it comes to MP3 cutting
This is another MP3 cutting software for both beginners and professionals that is compatible with multiple formats. It offers a wide range of audio editing effects, batch processing, and access to basic editing tools like copying and pasting, cutting, amplification, noise reduction, echo, and more.
The software is well-designed and easy to learn for all types of users including beginners.
- Support for a wide range of formats including FLAC, VOX, OGG, WMA, AU, MP3, WAV, and AU
- Modern user-interface that is easy to learn
- Many MP3 editing features including trimming, copying, pasting, echo, amplification, and more
- Support for batch processing and a number of editing effects
- Audio restoration rendering is comparatively slow
- It May not have all the professional features you're looking for
Specially designed for macOS users, it is one of the easiest to use free MP3 cutters. You can use it to cut and edit MP3 and ACC files while audio processing remains lossless. It allows you to import multiple files and you can split them one by one depending on what result you are looking for. It also offers the options of ID tags.
- Free to use for macOS users
- Supports basic file formats
- Very easy to use
- Convert multiple files at once
- Very limited in terms of MP3 editing features
- Processes files on a one-by-one basis
- Supports only two formats MP3 and ACC
- Only suitable for casual MP3 editors
While the above mentioned MP3 cutters for Mac are strong in their own right, Wondershare's Filmora X delivers the best balance of price, performance, reliability, and ease of use. If you are a beginner or an intermediate who is looking to edit or cut MP3 files on Mac without any hassles, Filmora X is one of your best bets.
learn more: How to Easily Cut Large Videos Faster on Mac>>>