How to Travel Without Travelling？Guide of Editing Using Stop-Motion
In the previous post, we discussed the green screen in detail and told you how you could travel without traveling. In this article, let's take that one step further and see how you can travel without traveling using the stop motion.
You already know about the #travelanywhere contest by wonder share Filmora. If you are taking part in the competition and looking for some unique ideas for your videos, then you must try stop motion animation. For the last few, stop motion animation is considered an attention-grabbing technique, and that's what you need to win this contest.
In old times, making stop motion videos was a very hectic task, and sometimes it could take several days to make such videos. With the advancement of technology and editing software like Filmora X, it has become effortless now. All you need to have is a camera and video editing software, and you can create your stop motion animations.
Let's dig deep into the stop motion animations and learn how you can create these videos on your own.
A Step-by-step Guide For Making Stop Motion Videos Using Filmora X.
1. Things To Consider Before Making Video
As the number of seconds increases in your stop motion video, the amount of work that you need to put in it also increases. It doesn't matter if you are making short and simple videos or long animations. The steps are going to be the same. Having the right equipment and planning all steps in advance ensures that you make the minimum effort and take less time. You need to consider the following things before making stop motion videos:
- Make Sure The Camera is Steady: You have to ensure that your camera is steady for every shot you take for your stop motion video. If your camera keeps shaking, then you will see more vibrations in your video, and it won't be smooth. Make sure to use a tripod so that every shot is steady and gives you the best output.
- Use Remote Camera Triggers If Possible: Once you have fixed your camera or mobile phone on a tripod, make sure to avoid manually triggering and releasing the shutter button. It will cause vibrations and will make your images blur. Instead, you can use remote shutter triggers, and it will significantly improve your video quality.
- Capture Shots Under Consistent Light: When you are taking shots for stop-motion videos, you have to ensure that the light around you is consistent. If the exposure of light keeps changing on your object, you will see many inconsistencies in your video. This is the reason why it is preferred to capture the shots under artificial or studio lights for stop-motion.
- Calculate the frame rate in advance: It would be a lot easier if you calculate the frames per second in advance. Videos and movies are usually shot at 24-60 fps but stop motion videos can have as low as 12 fps. The more frames your video has, the smoother it will be.
2. Steps For Making Stop-Motion Video
If you want to create your own stop motion animation, then follow this guide step-by-step.
Step 1: Capture The Shots
Move an object and capture its movement frame by frame. Suppose we are making a stop motion video of bottle spin. Place your camera in a steady place, and bring your object in the frame. Move your object slightly and take a shot. Keep doing this until you have at least 12,24, 30, or 60 photos of the object's movement. We took the bottle spin only as an example. You can create your own ideas here.
Step 2: Download And Start Filmora X
If you haven't downloaded the Filmora X in your system, then download it from their official website. If it is already installed on your computer, then run the program.
Step 3: Choose The Suitable Frame Rate In Project Settings.
Start a new project by clicking on the file and select the full-wide resolution.
Once you have selected the resolution, then click on the file and go to project settings.
Now select the frame rate on which you captured the video, i.e., 24, 30, 60, etc. If you didn't consider the frame rate when taking shots, then you can select 24.
Step 4: Import The Media Files
Once you have done with the settings told above, now import the captured images using the import option from the file menu.
Step 5: Adjust The Preferences
- Go to File and click select preferences from the menu or press the shortcut key Ctrl+Shift+,
- A window will appear on your screen. Click on editing and adjust the photo duration anywhere between 0.2 - 0.5 seconds.
Step 6: Create and Export.
Once you are done with all the settings mentioned above, import all images timeline-track and click on play, you will notice that your stop motion animation has been created.
Now just click on the export button, select the desired video format, export the video, and share it with your friends.
Ok, this is very easy it's just time-consuming if you want to make a big enough project. Here is the result!
Filmora X is one of the easiest software you can use to create your stop motion animation videos. You can easily create your animations by following the steps mentioned above, even if you don't have any video editing experience.
Do you want to use travel video songs to be your travel video background music? In this article, you will know 13 best background songs for travel videos. Check it out!
by Shanoon Cox May 16, 2023 18:53 PM
Are you traveling soon and you haven't packed any of your essential travel gear? Don't worry, in this article we cover the essential things that you need to take with you on your travels.
by Shanoon Cox Apr 27, 2023 10:53 AM
Choosing the right travel gift for your special one can take your relationship to another level. Here are some of the best travel gift ideas that you can try.
by Shanoon Cox Apr 27, 2023 10:53 AM