How to Create Collages Using iPhoto
We always store tons of photos of events like birthday party, summer trip, Christmas gathering and more. Creating unique personalized photo collages with these photos and post them on blog or Facebook page is a good idea. We can even add the photos to the digital photo frame or print it out for a physical poster display. For Mac users, iPhoto is a great tool to make a photo collage.
But before you make a photo collage using iPhoto, here are some important things for you to know:
- Technically, iPhoto can’t make fancy photo collages like other Mac Photo Collages software. So don’t expect too much of it. iPhoto only create greeting cards with a simple collage layout.
- The templates iPhoto offers are quite limited and ordinary that you might feel a little bit disappointed.
- iPhoto offers no share options to save photo collage to desktop or to post on Facebook, which is a basic feature of picture collage applications.
Create Collages using iPhoto
Here are the quick steps to create photo collage with iPhoto.
Step 1: Launch iPhoto and click “Events” in the side menu. Hold “Shift” and click each photo you want to include in your photo collage.
Step 2: Click the “+” button in the lower left corner and select Card in the pop up window.
Step 3: Choose “Picture Collage”, which should under Any Occasion section if you are using the iPhoto 11. You’ll notice that all the templates are sorted based on occasion.
Step 4: Drag photos to the template and pick background, orientation and design.
Step 5: Click the Buy button on the lower right hand corner of the application or go to share menu and email it to yourself or family members.
Here is a sample made in iPhoto as holiday greeting card:
Product-related questions? Speak directly to our Support Team >>
- •Windows Movie Maker Editing Tips
- 1.1 Choose the Right Video Slideshow Maker: Make Video from Photos
- 1.2 Video Movie Maker for Windows 8: Easily Make Video Movie
- 1.3 How to Make a Slideshow with Music
- 1.4 How to Burn Photos to DVD with Transitions and Music
- 1.5 Best Photo Slideshow Maker: How to Make a Photo Slideshow
- 1.6 Movie Making Software: How to Make a Touching Home Movie
- 1.7 How to Make a iMovie Photo Slideshow with Music
- 1.8 Graduation Songs for Slideshow
- 1.9 Free DVD Menu Templates
- 1.10 How to Make a FLV Photo Slideshow
- 1.11 How to Create a Facebook Photo Slideshow with Music
- 1.12 How to Make a Happy Birthday Video Slideshow
- 1.13 How to Create Collages Using iPhoto
- 1.14 Wondershare Photo Story Platinum