Video Stabilization: How to Stabilize Shaky Video Footage
Perhaps you have seen a professional camera operator wearing a futuristic-looking costume with his camera affixed to his clothing. Do you know his reason for this? It is because he's trying to stabilize the camera while he moves around in a studio or movie set. Now, how about if you're shooting a video on a handheld camera? Is it possible to fix the shaky videos in post-production? Well, the answer is a bid Yes, and all you need is a video stabilization software.
There are many of such kind of software today. Some are paid and some are free. The good thing about the paid ones is that they are giving a free trial so that you can try and check how the software runs and how efficient it can be. This ultimately helps them decide whether to get the premium version of the software or not.
To share with you some of the most popular video stabilization software today that is widely used by videographers, irrespective if their amateur or pro, read the following below.
Wondershare Filmora is a very easy-to-use video editing software while allows you to create professional videos in Mac and Windows platforms. With Wondershare Filmora, you can not only stabilize the shaky video footage, but also offer you multiple editing solutions for creating beautiful videos with ease. What's more, it allows you to export the videos into any format you like, such as MKV, WMV, MP4 etc, you can even burn the video into DVD with Filmora.
Stabilize your video footage with Filmora is very easy:
- Step 1: Import your shaky video footage to Filmora Media Library;
- Step 2: Right click the shaky video footage and select Video Stabilization;
- Step 3: Click the Stabilize button and Filmora will automatically stabilize the shaky video for you.
Check this video to see detailed clips:
This is a multifaceted video editing program which has a built-in stabilizing function. If you like to fix your shaky or jittery video, all you have to do is to download this program and follow the simple steps to using it and to finally stabilize your video. Visit www.movavi.com to learn more and download this program.
Now follow the step-by-step guide on how to stabilize shaky video scenes easily:
- Step1: Download the software and install it through following its Installation Wizard instructions
- Step2: Add your video. Click the Add Media Files button in the software's import tab in order to upload your video. You will then see it at the Media tab.
- Step3: Stabilize your video. You can start with through dragging the video to the timeline on the program's lower part. Tap the little shaky camera icon over the timeline. Or, you can also do a right-click on the video and choose Stabilize Video. The video player located on the stabilization window's left side allows you to compare the edited and original video through clicking the Preview and Original buttons. Finally, tap the folder icon located close to the Save stabilized copy in order to select the destination where you like to save the video output.
- Step4: Edit and save the video. Once the stabilizing process is done, the video output will then be added to the Media tab and so you can pursue working on it. To further edit your video, you can drag it to the timeline to add artistic music, titles, effects and others. Once you are done, click the button that states Save Movie and pick the right format.
iMovie is the video editing software compatible with Mac OS. If you have an iPhone or iPad, this software lets you enjoy your videos. Its updated version is also compatible with the Apple Yosemite. It allows you to make gorgeous Hollywood and HD-styled footages. If once you are ready to show your masterpiece to the world, you can use its built-in iMovie Theater. You can get and download its trial version here.
This software is only available in the latest version of Windows Essentials 2012. You should also have a Windows 8 OS to be able to use and take advantage of this feature. Before using this software, make sure you are not doing any other heavy tasks. This is to prevent hangs and other unpleasing behavior.
- Step1: Launch the software and upload the project which has the video that you like to stabilize.
- Step2: Select the shaky video selection on the program's left-side section.
- Step3: Once the video to the stabilized is selected, the Video Tools will emerge on the ribbon. Click Edit.
- Step4: Click the Video stabilization option. Pick one from the following options: Anti-shake and wobble correction-low, Anti-shake and wobble correction-high and anti-shake.
- Step5: The program will process your jittery video.
- Step6: Once the process is finished, you can now play the video.
This video stabilization software is compatible to both Mac and Windows OS. To use this, follow the steps below.
- Step1: Start a new project through clicking the file button above the screen, ensued by new and then new project.
- Step2: Upload the shaky video you want to stabilize through clicking the File-Import-File.
- Step3: After seeing your video upfront, you need to create a new composition to be able to work on it. This is done through clicking your file and dragging it toward the new composition button located at the window's bottom.
- Step4: To stabilize the video, find the animation button and under it, click the stabilize motion button. This will direct you to another subheading, the Warp Stabilizer where you can adjust effects and motions. A blue ribbon will appear across your video. Let this be until it finishes and change into color orange. When it's done, the orange ribbon will disappear.
- Step5: Convert the format into a movie. To do this, do not export the file. Find the Make Movie button that is under the Composition tab. This makes you save your video into a movie and on your desired destination.
Product-related questions? Speak directly to our Support Team >>