The Only Guide You'll Ever Need to Learn About Wav Converter
An easy yet powerful editor
Numerous effects to choose from
Detailed tutorials provided by the official channel
Nowadays, people are more addicted to making reels, short videos, YouTube shorts, etc. This is where the WAV converter comes in.
It is the most versatile audio format that is compatible with almost all devices. WAV audio format is very useful for digital content creators. So, without any further ado, let’s dive into detailed facts and benefits of WAV audio format:
Part 1 Basic Knowledge About the WAV Format
01What is a WAV file?
WAV is an audio format that is developed by IBM & Microsoft. This audio file format is specially created to be used for uncompressed audio files on Microsoft Windows systems. It is used for storing audio bitstreams on PCs, which are encoded in the Linear Pulse-Code Modulation (LPCM) format.
02What's the WAV audio format?
WAV audio file format is also known as Waveform audio file format. It is a subset of Microsoft’s RIFF specification. This audio format starts with a file header, which is followed by data chunks. There are three main types of chunks in a WAV file, which are given as follows:
● 'fmt” chunk – This chunk is used to specify the data format.
● 'data” chunk – This chunk contains the actual sample of data.
● 'RIFF” chunk – This chunk is mainly used to identify a WAV file.
03Advantages of Using WAV
There are the following advantages of using a WAV audio file format:
● WAV audio file gives the best sound quality, which resembles the sound coming from the original source of the sound.
● WAV files are primarily used for storing the recordings.
● WAV files can efficiently be converted into other different audio formats like MP3, AAC, and AIFF.
● This audio file format also allows the developers to move audio files between different computer platforms easily and freely.
● WAV file provides the benefit of easy editing to developers, podcasters, and other digital content creators.
04Is WAV Format Better than MP3?
Yes, WAV format is way better than MP3. It provides a better audio quality as compared to the MP3 file. Although MP3 files are smaller in size, they lack a good sound quality. Another major difference between a WAV file and an MP3 file is that the MP3 file enables easy editing and storage of compressed files, while on the other hand, the WAV file enables easy editing and storage of uncompressed audio files. Uncompressed files can always be easily converted into compressed files, which also helps in retaining the sound quality.
Part 2 The Best 6 Fast and Easy WAV Converter Online Free
There are numerous online tools that can be used to convert different audio file formats into WAV audio file format and vice versa. The best 6 tools that can be used for free to convert audio to WAV are given below:
● Zamzar: Zamzar is a free online tool that supports almost all types of audio files like MP3, MP4, AAC, WAV, etc. It allows the users to convert any type of audio file quickly and easily. The best part about this WAV converter is that it doesn’t require any additional software to be installed. Its simple user interface makes it easy for anyone to convert audio files into different formats.
● File ZigZag: This is an online WAV converter and supports many types of audio formats like MP2, MP3, M4A, WAV, AAC, etc. You just require to upload an audio file in this online tool and once it is converted into your desired format you will receive it through the mail.
● Free Audio Converter: This is a practical transcoding tool for audio files, capable of converting a sound file to multiple formats like MP3, OGG, WAV, WMA, and AAC, etc. It is an extremely easy-to-use interface and offers you the batch processing of files. It is one of the most demanded audio converters because of its ability to convert M4A to WAV.
● Online Audio Converter: Online audio converter is a free online app that can be used to convert audio files to other formats. This app supports all types of audio formats. This app also allows you to extract audio from a video.
● 3CX: Being one of the easiest programs used for conversion of files and formats it is widely used for the same. The most prominent advantage of this is that it can even convert the unsupported audio files to WAV format.
● To video WAV Converter: For mac, this audio converter is one of the best. It is easy to use and along with that, it supports a lot of different audio formats like MP3, M4A, WAV, AAC, etc. The finest thing about this converter is that it can process a large number of files and folders simultaneously.
Part 3 5 Quick Ways to Convert MP4 to WAV Audio Files Online and Offline
MP4 is the most familiar and widely used audio format, as it is compatible with almost every device nowadays. But podcasters and other digital content creators require to convert these files into WAV audio file format to retain the best sound quality. Here are some of the quick ways that can be used to convert MP4 to WAV format both online and offline:
● MediaHuman Audio Converter: This is software that can be used to convert MP4 to WAV format very easily. It has a drag and drops functionality that makes it easier to use. This software can be downloaded for free and is available for both Microsoft and MAC versions.
● Online uniconverter: Being one of the most popularly used online audio converters online uniconverter is extremely simple to use. This program not only converts MP4 to WAV but also supports other file formats like MP3, WAV, WMA, etc. It entitles you to select the quality of the output file.
● Cool Utilis: Another online converter that comprises a simple interface. It is widely available in 13 languages. The program supports the conversion of many other File types and formats. With this, you can also add files from google drive.
● ByClick Downloader: This is an amazing converter tool for Windows systems, which you can use to convert your file to WAV formats. With this downloader, you can also extract audio from YouTube videos. This tool also supports multiple formats like HD, MP3, MP4, AVI, etc.
● Switch Sound File Converter: It is one of the most suitable, easy to use, and comprehensive multi-format audio converters available out there. This supports different file formats and converts different files in seconds. The converter allows you to convert MP4 to WAV
Part 4 5 Best YouTube to WAV Converter
No matter your go-to genre, YouTube has always been the best place to listen to your choice. Since YouTube has practically endless content, which cannot be used for other tasks in their format, so here are a few tools that can be used to convert the format from YouTube to WAV:
● iTubeGo: This software comprises a wide variety of features that can allow you to perform multiple stuff on YouTube videos. This tool can simply be used to convert the YouTube video to any other format you wish to use it in.
● Ontiva: This web-based platform allows you to download as well as convert your YouTube videos to WAV audio format in an easy way. All you ought to do is just copy the URL of the video and paste it into the box given on this platform to convert its format.
● Freemake: Freemake is another tool that can convert your YouTube video to a WAV format in just three simple steps. All you need to do is copy and paste the URL from YouTube to Freemake and then the conversion will become a piece of cake.
● to: If you are someone, who is tired of converting your favorite YouTube video into WAV format at a slow speed? Then this is a solution to your problem, the tool offers you a high-speed conversion of YouTube video to WAV format.
● CoConvert: Another impressive web-based platform that allows you to convert YouTube video to the WAV format. This can be done in easy steps like copying and pasting the URL of the video.
● The WAV file is an audio format that many digital content creators prefer because of its various advantages like high-quality sound.
● An enormous tech approach is that now it has become formally easier to convert multiple formats to WAV through multiple converters.
● These converters can easily be used to convert AAC to WAV, MP4 to WAV, M4A to WAV, soundcloud to WAV, and even YouTube videos to WAV format.
● In addition to this, many online and offline tools are used to convert these audio files very easily and quickly.