5 Best Video Trimmer on Mac 
The best video trimmer on Mac isn't just for professionals. It's also critical for anyone making videos for YouTube, Vimeo, or social media to ensure that their clips look polished, professional, and slick. Mac has always targeted creative professionals, especially in photo and video editing. Mac has many powerful video editing applications to choose from. Want to get an efficient tool for trimming and slicing your videos? These functions are provided by many editors. Today, we will take a look at the 5 best professional video trimmers on Mac.
Top 5 best video trimmers on Mac
1. Wondershare Filmora for Mac(Best Choice)
Editing videos is not easy, especially if you don’t have the right tools to do this. There are many excellent video editing applications on the market, but few provide the combination of simplicity and powerful features that Wondershare Filmora offers. Wondershare Filmora video trimmer on Mac lets you trim video easily and quickly. Besides, this tool offers many amazing features to help you easily create cool movies.
Filmora provides a simple user interface, even the most basic users can create impressive videos. However, due to the extensive customization options provided, this tool is also very suitable for advanced users. Filmora offers motion tracking. Using this feature, you can track a particular moving object in the video. Once that’s tracked, you can add text, images, or other objects to it that follow the very same movement.
Filmora provides a large number of templates and materials for users to directly apply, including thousands of Hollywood blockbuster special effects, 300+ subtitles, 400+ superimposed special effects, and other materials. The video quality created by Filmora is very high. Therefore, people use video editing software to communicate with customers. Filmora is designed to be easy to use.
If you are looking for a stylish and powerful video editor for macOS, we strongly recommend that you check out some of Filmora’s features:
- Filmora has a highly advanced Auto Reframe technology that can automatically detect a video's focal point and crop it accordingly.
- Filmora has advanced Artificial Intelligence features that can automatically remove the background from any portrait video.
- Offers inbuilt AR stickers that you can instantly add to human faces and make them stand out.
- Provide advanced video stabilization.
- Filmora has a color-matching tool that allows you to be consistent with the colors of all of your clips to polish your video.
iMovie has acquired a household brand among Apple device owners due to its popularity as the most commonly used program for editing video on the iPhone Its functionality makes it suitable for professional editing of clips and entire movies. Trimming clips in iMovie is a simple and straightforward process. If you are using a Mac and are looking for a simple video trimmer, then iMovie is your best choice.
One of the most appealing features of any Apple device is its high camera resolution. Because iMovie supports 4k video resolution, when you save and export your videos from the video editor tool, they will look great on large screens. Because it lacks advanced editing features, it is unsuitable for professionals in post-production. It is only suitable for beginners.
- Free of cost.
- Support 4K movie editing.
- Simple interface and operation.
- Provide a variety of preset templates.
- Only supports Mac and iOS devices.
- Unable to complete more complex editing.
- Importing and rendering movies will be a bit slow.
QuickTime is a free media player for Mac. Besides playing videos on Mac, QuickTime also allows you to edit video files. Compared to other video editors, QuickTime is less powerful. QuickTime allows you to rotate or trim movies, split a movie into clips and reorder them, and add a new movie or clip to an existing video. QuickTime Player is capable of basic editing, but it is not ideal for users who require more than that.
- It's easy to use and completely free.
- Provide basic editing options: trim, split, cut, delete and flip/rotate.
- Allow sharing videos via AirDrop, YouTube, or Facebook.
- Supports HD and FHD videos.
- Having limited video editing capabilities.
- Low output quality.
- Can’t crop videos unless upgraded to a pro version.
4. Final Cut Pro
Final Cut Pro from Apple is one of the best professional video editing tools used by video editors around the world. The basic interface makes it easier for Apple users to transition from an entry-level editor to a professional one. The software integrates a wide range of video output formats, as well as the ability to download to services such as Facebook, Youtube, and Vimeo.
The main advantage of the new Final Cut is its performance. The program uses multi-core processing, which guarantees no crashes and freezes when working or previewing. Many professionals find the Final Cut Pro interface to be much more complex than other alternative video editors.
- Support 360-degree video editing.
- Editable 4K video quality.
- Provide video stabilization.
- Support multi-camera editing function.
- Too expensive
- Not suitable for beginners
5. Adobe Premiere Pro
Adobe Premiere Pro is one of the best non-linear video editors out there. The application supports a large number of formats, and has built-in effects and tools. Many well-known cinematographers and directors have found many useful and high-quality features in Adobe Premiere to create their Hollywood movies. With Adobe Premiere Pro you may edit videos in a professional way.
With Adobe Premiere Pro, you may add text/filters, trim video/audio elements, etc. When it comes to media management, Premiere Pro excels. It has a big media library and offers customers a wide range of effects templates. Support for high-quality 4K resolutions and all popular video and audio formats. Premiere Pro supports all audio and video codecs and allows you to export video using existing presets.
- Performs editing in high quality.
- Real-time video processing.
- Great trimming function.
- Support for Flash Video, HDV, HD, and other formats.
- The program is quite resource-intensive and is not suitable for all computers.
- Its trial version is only available for 30 days.
- Too complicated for beginners
In order to remove unnecessary clips from videos, you can use any of the editors listed above. We recommend Filmora as our first recommendation if you're looking for the best video trimmer on Mac.
Here are the 4 best MP4 Joiner for Mac. They allow you to join or merge two or more MP4 files into one video to tell a complete story.
by Liza Brown May 16, 2023 19:19 PM
Learn how to capture a screenshot or record your Mac screen with the best screen capture tools
by Liza Brown May 16, 2023 18:51 PM
Learn to compress your videos on Mac with the best video compressor software
by Liza Brown May 16, 2023 19:19 PM