- Advanced Video Editing
- 1. Green Screen+
- • Best Green Screen Backdrops and Kits
- • Make and Use a Green Screen Easily
- • Resources for green screen effects
- • Green Screen Footages and Backgrounds
- • Tips to Shoot a Green Screen Video
- • Tips to Choose a Chroma Key Software
- 2. Add Video Overlay/Logo/PIP+
- • Create Branding Logo with PIP
- • Put Two Videos Side by Side
- • Make Video Overlays Easily
- • Make a Multi Screen Video
- • Add Pictures for PIP Video Making
- • Apply Your Own Branding to Video
- 3. Face Adjustment+
- 4. Crop/Flip/Reverse+
- • Crop a Video Online
- • Crop Videos to Full Screen
- • Best Programs to Flip Video
- • Reverse a Video in a New Way
- • Turn Video Sideways
- • Play a Video Backwards
- • Rewind Videos
- 5. Add/Remove Watermark and Logo+
10 Best Green Screen Backdrops and Kits
Producing a movie like Doctor Strange or any other flick that depicts fantasy worlds requires much more than just a powerful compositing software because the footage you're editing needs to be recorded in front of a green screen. Green screen backdrops allow you to change the background of the shot and use virtually any background you want instead.
The good news is that you no longer need astronomical budgets to use the Chroma Key effects in your movies, YouTube videos or live streams since green screen kits and backdrops are available at more than reasonable prices. If you are looking for a green screen backdrop you can use on your set, you've come to the right place, because in this article we are going to take you through the ten best green screen backdrops and kits in 2021. So, let's get started.
Besides shooting a green screen video footage with the green screen background drops, you can also find some resources for green screen footage and green screen backgrounds. To compositing a green screen video, you may need a green screen video editor. Check our picks of the best free green screen software.
Top 10 Green Screen Backdrops and Kits
1. Elgato Green Screen - Collapsible Chroma Key Panel
During the production process, while filming the scenes in front of a green screen, the size of the screen can prove to be essential, especially if the scene you're recording contains a lot of on-screen action. That's why Elgato Collapsible is one of the best Chroma Key panels on the market, as it offers more than enough room for your actors to move. The screen is wrinkle-resistant and it is equipped with the pneumatic X-Frame that automatically locks the screen in the selected position. To make things even better, Elgato Collapsible is optimized for camera chroma keying.
- Quick set up process
- Made from 100% Polyester
- Doesn't feature lighting equipment
- Relatively heavy
2. ePhoto Chromakey Green Screen Background Stand Kit
Video content creators who shoot most of their footage in studio conditions are going to love using this green screen and lighting kit. ePhoto Muslin Green Screen background comes with a stand that enables you to easily set it up. The kit also contains three softboxes that utilize daylight studio light bulbs. You can easily switch off the lights while you're not shooting, although you can't reduce their brightness. The size of the green screen could be bigger, but it is large enough to meet the demands of broadcasters and other online video content producers.
- Perfectly suited for studio conditions
- Great option for beginners who don't have the lighting equipment
- Lights are compatible with standard outlets
- The kit weighs 40 pounds
- Not the best option for action scenes
3. Limo Photo Light Kit
This kit includes green, black and white backgrounds, so besides shooting green screen videos, you can also create perfect studio portraits or high-quality product shots. A backdrop support stand with a crossbar, 3 backdrop support clamps, and 5 backdrop holders are also included in the kit, which means that you just have to choose where to place the backdrop and start shooting. Two umbrella reflectors and 2 softbox lighting diffusers are going to make sure that the light in your shots is always perfect. All the components in the kit are made from sturdy materials and are surprisingly lightweight.
- Great option for video makers and photographers
- Features light stands
- Different backgrounds extend your options on the set
- Green screen backdrops are only 10 X 8.5 foot
- Setting up the entire kit may take some time
4. Fancierstudio Green Screen Background
Professional and amateur video creators often need a green screen they can easily adjust to the demands of the video they are working on. The aluminum tripods and the support bars enable you to easily change the height of the background support system so it can fit the scene you're shooting. The 6x9 feet muslin green screen background is perfectly suited for gaming videos and many different types of YouTube videos that utilize the Chroma Key effect. The Fancierstuido Green Screen Background can be used equally effectively on the exterior and interior locations.
- Flexible and sturdy
- Telescopic framework
- Fairly large in size
- Keeping the green screen background steady can be difficult
- Not wrinkle-resistant
5. CRAPHY PhotoStudio Umbrella Lighting Kit
Even though this is a photography kit, it can also be used to create the Chroma Key effect in videos that don't involve a lot of on-screen action. As its name suggests Craphy PhotoStudio Umbrella Lighting Kit features two translucent 33-inch white umbrellas, two bulb holders as well as two photo studio light stands. The kit also includes three cotton backdrops that come in white, black and green colors. Each backdrop is 6X9 inches, which makes them perfect for studio photography or videos that have only a few characters. The backdrop holders are collapsible so you can adjust them in accordance with the demands of the project you're working on.
- Multiple backgrounds available
- Umbrella lights are perfect for studio photography
- Easily adjustable
- Additional equipment may be necessary for video production
- Not a good option for action scenes
6. SquarePerfect 4037 Professional
Setting up the SquarePerfect 4037 Professional green screen backdrop is easy since all you have to do is place it on the support. However, the backdrop support stand is not included in the offer. This green screen backdrop is an ideal solution for all sorts of online videos that rely on the Chroma Key effect because of its size, that allows for a medium amount of movement in the shot. Rod pockets keep the backdrop steady and stretched so you can focus on what is going on in the shot.
- Absorbs the light and eliminates reflections
- Easy setup
- Offers plenty of room for movement
- Wrinkles can be a problem
- No backdrop support stand
7. LimoStudio Green Muslin Backdrop
LimoStudio Green Muslin Backdrop is a perfect option for anyone who already has all the necessary equipment for production of Chroma Key videos. You will need a stand and a crossbar to stretch the backdrop, but if you decide to purchase LimoStudio's backdrop you will get five ring-shaped holding clips that can carry as much as 5lbs of weight. The backdrop is made entirely of polyester and its size is 6X9 feet, which makes it an excellent choice for live streaming, gaming videos or product videos. The backdrop is reflective with a non-glossy surface.
- Easily mountable on different backdrop stands
- Not prone to wrinkles
- Requires additional equipment
- It may be difficult to keep the backdrop steady
8. MUVR Lab Green Photo & Video Backdrop
If you are looking for a green screen backdrop that can be used equally effectively at home or in a professional studio, you should look no further. MUVR Lab Green Photo & Video backdrop is large enough to help you produce Chroma Key videos for your YouTube channel, live stream or epic gaming videos. However, the backdrop doesn't come with a stand, and you'll get only three heavy-duty clamps, which is why you'll need additional equipment to keep the backdrop perfectly still. MUVR Lab Green Photo & Video Backdrop has its own carrying bag so you can take it with you where ever you go.
- Suitable for both video and photography
- Lightweight and easily portable
- Made from high-quality material
- Backdrop stand and crossbar must be purchased separately
- Features only three clamps
9. LimoStudio Body Suit
Instead of changing the background, you sometimes need to change how the people in your videos look like. The LimoStudio Body Suit provides an affordable solution to this problem and enables you to use special effects to create any character you can imagine. The suit fits all sizes, although it can be baggy if it's worn by short people. The fabric is soft and flexible so your actors won't have trouble breathing while wearing it.
- Matches perfectly with green muslin backdrops
- See-through fabric in the face area
- Not available in different sizes
- The fabric tears easily
10. Andoer Backdrop
Video producers in search of a simple backdrop that enables them to quickly produce Chroma Key videos should consider using the Andoer Backdrop. It is made from a single piece of cloth and it's crimped around the edges to reduce the probability of tearing. If you opt to use this backdrop you will need to make sure that you have all other equipment necessary for the production of a green screen video.
- Can be used at any location
- Made from non-woven fabrics
- No rod pockets
- Prone to wrinkles
The opportunities that the Chroma Key effect offers are still not fully explored, so you can use this effect to experiment with different backgrounds and to come up with unexpected results. But, before you can start editing a green screen video, you must first make sure that your footage is perfectly captured. That's why you need a backdrop or a kit that enables you to have a wrinkle-free surface and a perfectly lit set. The kits and backdrops we featured in this article are going to help you produce impeccable footage, regardless of which one you choose.
This article gives you a collection of green screen editors that works on all different platforms.
by Liza Brown May 16, 2023 18:51 PM
Talk about how to shoot a perfect and professional green screen video with 5 tips even at home, and some mistakes you should avoid when shooting green screen video.
by Liza Brown May 16, 2023 18:51 PM
Want to apply a green screen effect to make your video like a pro? Here are 10 best free green screen software for your video editing easily. Now, go find the chroma key software you like!
by Liza Brown May 16, 2023 18:51 PM