- iMovie Complete Tutorial
- 1. iMovie Basic Editing Tips +
- • Watermark Videos in iMovie
- • Add Mosaic/Censor Effect in iMovie
- • Add Text with iMovie
- • Add transitions to video in iMovie
- • Crop and Rotate Photos/Videos in iMovie
- • Join Clips in iMovie (updated 2019)
- • Add Subtitles in iMovie 11/10/9/8
- • Use iMovie to Edit Videos and Make a Movie
- 2. iMovie Advanced Editing Tips +
- • Stabilize Shaky videos in iMovie [Mac & iOS]?
- • Speed Up and Slow Down Video in iMovie
- • Resize Video in iMovie
- • Color Correction in iMovie
- • Speed Up and Slow Down Video Clips in iMovie
- • Record and Add a Voiceover in iMovie
- • Use PIP Effect in iMovie
- • Add Background Music to iMovie Project and Videos
- • Fade Music and Audio in iMovie
- 3. iMovie Creative Editing Tips +
- • Make a Movie Trailer with iMovie
- • Create the Glitch Effect in iMovie?
- • Top 5 iMovie Plugins
- • Cool Effects for iMovie
- • Top iMovie Tips
- • Blur Faces in iMovie
- • Zoom in on iMovie
- • Make Stop Motion Videos in iMovie
- • Make Split Screen (Side by Side) Videos in iMovie
- • Reverse Video in iMovie
- • Make a Cool YouTube Video Intro in iMovie
- • iMovie Themes
- • Add Video Effects in iMovie
- • Use Green Screen in iMovie
- 4. iMovie Alternatives +
- • Free Online iMovie Alternatives
- • iMovie for Windows 10
- • iMovie Alternatives for Win & Mac
- • 7 iMovie Alternatives for Android
- • iMovie for iPad
- • iMovie for iPhone
- • iMovie Alternatives for Mac
- • Best iMovie for Windows
- • iMoive Equivalent
- 5. iMovie Troubleshooting +
How to Export iMovie Project to MP4 on Mac?
“How do I export iMovie to MP4 on Mac?”
“How do I change my export settings in iMovie?”
Even though exporting iMovie to MP4 is pretty straightforward, you may commit inevitable mistakes, which we'd like to discuss in this post. You may also have seen difficulty exporting iMovie to MP4 directly, as the output export format automatically switches to MOV. So let’s consider the Export preview in iMovie.
First, you need to click the Share icon in the top-right corner. From there, you will possibly go to File to search for your Export format option. But then, you won’t find anything other than the "Audio" and "Video and Audio". So, let's read what you can do to exporting iMovie to MP4 directly or via the most straightforward software available.
Part 1: How to Export Videos as MP4 with iMovie’s Best Alternative - Wondershare Filmora
Despite getting into iMovie's complicated settings, you should first give a read to the iMovie’s best alternative. Wondershare Filmora offers the easiest as well as professional interface. It also provides facilitative options to export videos in different formats to your Mac computer. However, our main concern is to export a project in MP4 format directly.
Key Features of Wondershare Filmora for Mac:
- The Wondershare Filmora supports various export formats, including the WMV, MP4, AVI, MOV, MKV, F4V, 3GP, TS, WEBM, GIF, and so on.
- It also offers extensive export settings where you can adjust video quality, resolution, audio quality, etc.
- There is an entire facility to directly export your project to various devices, including iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, Samsung Galaxy, and so on. You can export your video projects directly to YouTube, Vimeo, and DVD as well.
So, let’s see how Wondershare Filmora can help you attain this in the following section.
Step-by-Step Guide to Export Videos to MP4 with Wondershare Filmora for Mac
Step 1: Launch Wondershare Filmora for Mac
Download and install Wondershare Filmora on your Mac computer. Launch it when the installation is complete.
Step 2: Import Media/Import Exported iMovie Media
Click on click here to import media after opening the main interface. Browse the media you want to edit and proceed with the next step.
Filmora offers extensive import facility, as shown in the image below. So, you can also click on the Import Media button to explore more options.
Step 3: Edit Your Videos
It’s time to step up and edit the videos as you desire. Right beside the Media tab, you have various options to add Audio, Transition, Titles, Elements, and Effects into your project.
Step 4: Export Your Videos
Export is pretty easy with Wondershare Filmora as you have to click the green Export button given on the top menu. There, you’ve got output format options, including MP4, MOV, AVI, WMV, F4V, and so on.
You can also hit the SETTING button to modify the video quality, resolution, and audio adjustments.
Then, you can also select the export device from various options as depicted in the image below.
That is how simple exporting iMovie to MP4 is when you do it with the Wondershare Filmora for Mac. You get the direct option while exporting the video and thus save you from indulging in complicated settings.
Part 2: How to Export iMovie Project to MP4 on Mac?
Let’s now consider the loophole you may be facing while exporting the iMovie project to MP4. Please follow the guide given below to export the iMovie file to MP4.
Step 1: Initiate Export
Once you complete your project's editing in iMovie, you're ready to export this file to MP4 on Mac. So, you need to click the Share icon as depicted in the image below.
Step 2: Do Modifications
This step requires you to select the Title, Descriptions, Tags, Resolution, Format, Quality, and Compression.
In the Quality tab, select among Low, Medium, High, and Custom except the Best (ProRes).
After doing the required modifications, click the Next button, and you’re good to go. You will need to choose the save location afterward. Then, hit the Save button. You can check the progress report from the progress indicator appearing on the toolbar's right side.
However, many users still face the difficulty of getting export formats other than the MP4. Thus, external tools' support is critical to get your video in the desired export format directly. Therefore, you can switch to using the Wondershare Filmora for Mac if you are looking for a fast and hassle-free exporting iMovie project to MP4.
So, these were the two ways of exporting the iMovie project to MP4 on Mac. Firstly, we have tried to offer the best alternative of iMovie if you are finding it a bit complex in iMovie to export any project to MP4. Secondly, there is a discussion on a loophole or a mistake you may be committing while exporting the iMovie file to MP4.
So, make sure to follow the right, professional, and easy path with Wondershare Filmora as you may still face an export format issue in iMovie even after doing the required settings.
In this article, we will cover the stages of film production you need to keep in mind. Without further ado, let's get started!
by Shanoon Cox Jun 15, 2022 17:15 PM
In this article, we will talk about the best laptops for video editing. Each and every listed model is suited for running the best video editing software smoothly so there is no need to worry about struggles. The options we will be talking about today will vary in budgets and go from all price ranges.
by Shanoon Cox Jun 15, 2022 17:15 PM