Scene Detection is an advanced editing feature offered in Filmora, which can be used to automatically split a film into basic temporal segments by detecting the transitions between shots in a video. It will greatly facilitate your job if you don't want to edit your video frame by frame but would rather quickly edit some short clips in a large piece of video.
The steps below will show you how to do auto scene detection with Filmora.
1. Import media files to Filmora. You can either click the button to bring up a pop up window so as to choose files stored in your local computer, or you can just drag and drop the files to the interface.
2. Once the video clip is imported, move your cursor over it and then right click on it, hit the Scene detection option in the drop down menu.
3. In the pop up window, click "Detect", the original file will be separated into smaller segments in seconds.
4. Click "Apply", all segments will then be moved to the video track on the Timeline or Storyboard.
Apply to Storyboard
Apply to Timeline
5. On the video track, you can choose to remove an unwanted part, or edit any clips as needed.
Download this software to get started:
Need a Mac version? Try Wondershare Filmora for Mac(Originally Wondershare Video Editor for Mac) by visiting https://filmora.wondershare.com/video-editor/ for more information
or directly download Wondershare Filmora for Mac(Originally Wondershare Video Editor for Mac) free trial version here.