System Requirements Specification
- Silence detection
- Automatic normalization
- Audio ducking in Filmora
- Automatic denoise
- Scene detection feature
- AI Copilot Editing for Windows
- AI Text-to-Video for Windows
- AI audio stretch for Windows
- AI Thumbnail Creator for Windows
- AI audio denoise for Windows
- AI Smart Masking for Windows
- AI Music Generator for Windows
- AI Skin Tone Protection for Windows
- AI Text-Based Editing for Windows
- AI Vocal Remover for Windows
- AI smart cutout
- AI portrait effects
- Automatic highlight
- Auto reframe video
- Auto beat sync
- AR sticker effects
- ChatGPT Plugin - AI Copywriting
- AI Image for Windows
Importing & Recording
Media for Use
- Playback Speed Shortcuts for Windows
- Super Slow Motion with Optical Flow for Windows
- Compound Clip for Windows
- Multi-Clip Editing for Windows
- Customizable Backgrounds for Videos and Images in Windows
- Marked Favorites for Windows
- Markers for Windows
- Uniform speed
- Speed ramping
- Make motion tracking
- Adjustment layer for Windows
- Chroma key (green screen)
- Crop & Pan & Zoom Video
- Apply mask to video
- Video snapshot
- Playing videos in reverse
- Creating a PIP effect
- Create split screen video
- Mosaic blur effect
- Face-Off effect
- Using freeze frame
- Applying drop shadow
- Apply auto enhance
- Preset templates
- Border option
- Change video playback speed
- Lens correction
- Split & trim video
Text & Subtitle
Animation & Keyframe
Effects & Transitions
Exporting & Cloud Backup
Improving Performance & Troubleshooting
Applying Drop Shadow for Windows
This guide introduces how to add the drop shadow effect to a video on Windows.
You can create a natural-looking shadow for the object added to the video afterward through the drop shadow effect. The object includes shapes, images, and even moving objects.
Follow the procedure below to apply the drop shadow effect in your image and video.
Step 1: Add your needed video or image
After launching the application on your computer, import or directly drag your video to the timeline. And then drag the PIP video or image to the above track. Adjust the size, position, and mask of the PiP video accordingly.
Step 2: Activate the drop shadow feature
Click the PiP video in the timeline. Then, in the property panel on the right side of the screen, find Drop Shadow in the Video>Basic section. Click the button beside Drop Shadow to activate the feature.
Step 3: Adjust the settings
Change the settings of the drop shadow based on your needs.
- You can change the Type from None to Soft, Regular, or Retro.
- If you want to modify the Angle, you can rotate the dot in the circle below the Angle to change the value.
- Color is used to change the color of the drop shadow.
- Drag the slider of Distance, Blur, and Opacity to add more features.
If you want to add the customized animation of the drop shadow in part of the video, you need to apply keyframe features. Here are the steps for adding keyframes.
Step 1: Add the start keyframe
Drag the pointer to where you want to add the start keyframe. In the property panel, after setting the feature of the drop shadow, click the diamond icon beside the feature. If you click the diamond icon beside Drop Shadow in the toolbar, all features below this section will be added to the keyframe.
Step 2: Add more keyframes
Repeat the above-mentioned steps to add more keyframes. You can add as many keyframes as you need. The minimum of keyframes needed in animation is two.
When you are done with the settings, Filmora will analyze the changes from the start keyframe to the end one. Then, it will output a natural and smooth animation of the drop shadow.
Have you even heard of sRGB and RGB? In this article, we’ll share you the concepts of RGB and tell you the differences between sRGB and RGB.
For a handy game recording software, we’ve got some top-of-the-list recommendations for you. Refer to know how to record gameplay on PC with easiness. Learn more here:
Are you watching the playback of a YouTube video, and you want to slow down or speed it up to understand the video better? Here's how to change YouTube playback speed to speed up or slow down.
You will know the permission for company use
What use will be regarded as the company use
You are free to choose any plans. However, if you only have Filmora9 Individual Plan, you are required to state in the video description that your video is made by Filmora9 when you share it to the public.