When it comes to social media, one of the most important things you can do is create engaging content that will capture your audience's attention because the more engaged your audience is, the more likely they are to buy from you or use your services. And one of the best ways to do that is through video.
There are many different types of videos you can create, but not all of them will be equally effective at hooking your viewers. To help you get started, here are six types of videos that are sure to capture your audience's attention on social media:
In this article
1. Behind-the-scenes videos
Your viewers will love getting a peek behind the scenes of your business or organization. Behind-the-scenes videos can give them a look at what goes into making your product or service, and they'll be able to see the people who make it all happen.
Key elements of an effective behind-the-scenes video:
- Make it about the team working together. A behind-the-scenes video is not just about the people working in front of the camera; it's also about how everyone works as a team. Showcase different departments, use satellite shots to show where you work and include interviews with other members throughout the process. This can help build customer loyalty and improve brand awareness.
- Don't be afraid to show some personality! Behind-the-scene videos can be funny, but they should never be tacky or inappropriate — even if it means turning down an opportunity for a quick joke or two. Don't forget: customer service is important too!
- Be honest about how long your process takes during production! When you're making a video for yourself, it's easy to think that everyone else will get everything done before you sit down with your camera — but that isn't always true! If there are any delays or problems with the shoot
Example: Squid Game | Behind the Scene | Netflix
2. How-to videos
Your audience is always looking for new information, so give them what they want with a how-to video.
How-to videos are an effective way to show your audience how to use your product or service, and they can also be used to teach them something new.
Key elements of an effective how-to videos
- Make it simple, easy to understand and fun.
- Use a variety of examples and show real life situations (not just your own).
- Keep it short and sweet so that people don't get bored watching your video!
- Ask questions in the beginning of the video that people can answer themselves at the end of the video or ask them to do something afterwards (e.g., "If you had one hour to make a purchase decision, what would you buy?").
- Make sure there are visuals to support your points (e.g., if you're talking about how something works, show some images and animations).
Example: How to Asana: Event planning
3. Customer stories or Testimonials
Testimonial videos are the best way to show your audience why you're the best. We all know that testimonials are the most common form of content on the Internet and they are one of the most effective ways to get your customers' attention.
Testimonial videos work because they tell a story. When you tell a story, you captivate your audience and make them feel like they're having an experience with you.
Key elements of an effective testimonial videos
- Give context - Describe the audience for your testimonial and give context around its significance. This will help viewers understand the value of your work, why it's important to them, and how it can help them achieve their goals.
- Tell a story - To make your video more impactful, tell a story about how your product or service has impacted someone's life or made a positive change in their business. Make sure to include personal anecdotes from other people who have used your product or service to illustrate this point, if possible.
- Show the results - People love seeing results! Showing real-life examples of how others have benefited from using your products is the best way to prove that they're worth investing in. If possible, include photos or videos from before and after projects so viewers can see exactly how much they've changed since using your product or service — that way they won't just be reading about it.
Example: Click Funnels: What Is It and What Makes It So Different
4. Product demonstrations
Product demonstration videos are a great way to engage your audience and provide them with valuable information about your product.
Not only do they provide an opportunity for you to show off your product in all its features and glory, but they also serve as a tool to educate your potential customers about what your product can do for them.
Key elements of an effective product demonstration video:
- A clear visual representation of the product or service.
- A clear script that allows viewers to understand what they're seeing and hearing without being distracted by other elements in the video.
- An engaging presentation that helps viewers understand what you're trying to tell them about your product or service.
- A strong call-to-action — a way for viewers to get involved and participate in your business if they like what they see (or don't like it!).
Example: Pixie Product Demo
5. Interviews with experts
Interviews with experts are a great way to add credibility and authority to your brand. These videos showcase the personal experiences of your customers, and they're an incredibly effective way to build trust and credibility with your audience.
Key elements of an effective interview with the expert's video:
- Provide a brief introduction to the topic and your organization, as well as any background information that is relevant.
- Identify the expert you are interviewing and give them credit for their work or expertise.
- Ask your expert questions that will allow them to explain their answer in detail without being interrupted by you.
- Allow time for the expert to respond to your questions and ask follow-up questions if necessary.
- End the interview on a positive note and thank your expert for taking time out of their schedule to share their knowledge with others via video or audio recording (if possible).
Example: What Is Branding? 4 Minute Crash Course.
6. Animated explainer videos
An animated explainer video is a visual aid that can be used to explain complex topics, such as software and technology, in an easy-to-understand way.
Animated explainer videos are usually created using the same principles as any other video, but the focus is more on the animation. Animators are able to make their creations look so realistic that viewers will be able to relate to them and understand what they are trying to say.
Key elements of an effective animated explainer video
- The video should be easy to understand and watch, but still captivating.
- The video should be short, but not too short.
- It should be informative, but not too long or boring.
- It should have a sense of humor so that the audience will appreciate it even more!
- It should have a professional look and feel that makes it unique from other videos on the same topic.
Example: MacBook Air — Online Ad — The fastest yet (Stickers)
The Bottom Line
Are you using video to promote your products or services? If not, you should be! Video is one of the most effective tools at your disposal for capturing your audience’s attention and getting them interested in what you have to offer. By understanding which types of videos are most likely to engage and persuade viewers, you can create content that is more likely to result in conversions. So, what are you waiting for? Start creating videos today and see how they help increase sales for your business.